Author Topic: Taxi from the airport  (Read 21302 times)

Offline victoria

Re: Taxi from the airport
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 04:42:25 PM »
Hi all.
      On 9th of Oct we (my partner and my 3yr old...and me!!) will be visiting arillas for the first time.for the past week or so i have been reading the forum,trying to take in as much info as possible (avoid the doughnut man!) and we are looking forward to it.....BUT
having read the posts about the transfer to arillas i am now dreading something going drastically wrong!I do not have the funds to be spending extra on taxis to and from the airport as the money we have saved is to have a nice meal out each night as we are self catering.
while on the subject...what are the supermarkets like to buy things in for brekfast and also does anyone know what nafsika apartments are like.
Hopefully we will have a smooth journey into arillas..fingers x

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 05:27:59 PM »
Hi Victoria,

Im sure your transfer will be just fine, as you say the extra money for taxi's is not to everyones budget, like myself id prefer that money to go on a nice meal, so dont worry im sure it will be ok.

The supermarkets stock foods for breakfast, they have chiller cabinets with bacon, eggs, cheese, milk and the like and fresh bread etc so you wont have any problems buying food for your self catering needs, then you can visit some of the lovely restaurants of an evening for your evening meals, you will love them, you will have a fab time, enjoy :-)

Maggie

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 09:00:14 PM »
          Victoria, I'm sure you will enjoy the transfer to Arillas.
          I always take the point of view, that I'm in Corfu and
          the holiday starts on the bus! The views are beautiful, (
          (til you reach Sidari) he he. Actually it is quite interesting
           to see different resorts. I hope you enjoy your transfer,
           I reckon at this time of year it won't take that long.
            Have a great holiday, and let us all know how it goes
            when you get back.
                                   Maggie.

Offline corfu2002

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 02:45:46 AM »
Hello Victoria,
 We were concerned too regards to transfer times,although I do love the coach transfers personally,I didnt relish 3 hours stuck on a coach.

we went at peak time and our transfer was 1 and half hours could been a little less but I was too busy trying to look at everything as we

drove through different areas to take no notice of the time,return was around an hour having said that to me it seemed much quicker I had

got quite comfy on the coach and was enjoying the scenery so was strangely put out when we arrived at our accomodation,weird person

that I am as my other half called me when I said with a pout! ohh we here are we...........As I could have sat a little longer taking in the views.

Sorry ,I dont have any info on the nafsica apartments.

As smiffy has replied to supermarket enquiry that is spot on. you can get all you need and more.

Have a great Holiday.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 10:39:21 AM »
Do you know if a taxi will take three adults and their luggage.  There are three of us next year and wondered if the driver could fit three cases in the boot as we could split the fare.  We land about 4.30 p.m. and if we go on the coach and it takes longer than an hour we would have been travelling all day and a long coach transfer seems a waste of time.  This year we took the taxi, just the two of us, we got to Arillas about 1.00 p.m. in time for lunch at the Brouklis, our flights were much earlier. We dont mind coming back on the coach though.  Sometimes the coach doesnt take that long so we could be arriving in the taxi the same time as the coach, its a bit of a gamble it seems.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 11:24:24 AM »
Hi Victoria!

We went in July and, like you, didn't want to pay all that money for a taxi when the transfer is included and it turned out fine.  It took just over an hour and we all enjoyed looking at the island and all the different places you could stay.

We are going again on 9th Oct and I'm looking forward to the coach transfer - it's fun.

The reps at the airport make sure you get on the right coach and like Smiffy said earlier, the driver always asks where you are going.  SO, don't panic, I'm sure it will be fine for you!

Might see you there!
Cheryl O

Offline Janina C

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006, 12:04:31 PM »
Smiffy - understood. Didn't intend to frighten anyone off and yes the views are spectacular if it is in the day time.

Victoria

I hope you have a good holiday. The little one will love the beach. Been coming to Corfu for 20 years now and October can be the best time to be there. Like the others have said the self catering is easy as you can get most things from the little shops - the eggs are really good, the chickens are corn fed so the yolks are really yellow and rich. All of the people in Arillas are friendly and absolutely adore children. So you go and have a really good time, enjoy the views on your transfer what ever time it takes!!!

Janina

Janina

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2006, 12:21:33 PM »
Don't forget the bakery as well.  The pasties and croissants are great!  Fresh and warm - yummy!
Cheryl O

Offline victoria

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 01:27:33 PM »
Hi all.
Thanks for all the information....it has put my mind at ease alot!
we are sooooooo looking forward to a break in the sunshine and arillas seems to be the place where we will be able to do so.
roll on 9th oct!!!
victoria xxx

Offline Diane x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2006, 12:42:03 AM »
The transfers seem to be inconsistent, we arrived and sat on the coach for an hour while other flights arrived. The transfer only took  about an hour and fifteen minutes. Which I would consider fairly reasonable ! There were even Sidari ppl that got dropped after us.
Some ppl that we were talkin to stayin next door to us arrived on the Birmingham flight just before us had a much longer journey with a stop in Sidari for approx 1 hour watin for a rep to help the coach driver out with destinations. They arrived @ Nafsika 2 1/2 hours after us but also travelled with Manos !
Where is the logic ?

Diane

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2006, 07:22:05 PM »
I loved the eggs in Arillas so that is why they are so yummy, the chicks are fed corn then!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com