Author Topic: Cheap flight  (Read 29764 times)

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Cheap flight
« on: August 02, 2006, 11:48:53 PM »
Just checked availability of flights to Spain for a friend and thought I would just out of interest see how the flight prices to Corfu are at the minute.

WOW !!!! what a bargain £69 return this Friday. Inclusive of all taxes and credit card charges.

Pity I have to work !!!!!!

So anyone free and able to fly from Newcastle ?  Get booking quick.

I love a bargain  Pauline

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Cheap flight
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 01:24:25 AM »
Hi Pauline,

Yeah, I booked up this afternoon for the Newcastle flight leaving this Friday. It cost a total of £152 including all fuel charges etc.  When searching on XL.com remember to type 'Telegraph' into the Special Offers box to qualify for a further £15 discount each.

2 Sleeps to go!

Eileenxx

Offline JCC

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 11:44:26 AM »
Hi Eileen

Just read your note about typing telegraph ino s/o box with XL.com, is that code valid only for this season?

Regards
JCC

Offline Marie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 11:49:13 AM »
whoo hoo eileen see you there!!!
we arrive on monday afternoon!!! just my mum and me you will no who we are !!

marie x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 12:12:18 PM »
Hi JCC,

That special offer code has been running since last year, so hopefully it will continue for a while yet.

There are various codes you can use, one of them is 'Yahoo', but so far as I've seen none of them are giving £15 discount like the Telegraph code is.

If I see any change to the Telegraph code or an even better one I will post it here.

Hi Marie,

See you there, I'll be looking for you.

Eileen.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 04:33:13 PM »
Eileen,

I'm pleased to hear you get such a good deal, it can be pretty tricky getting such good value flights at this time of year but if you do take the risk and hold out for the cheapest fairs you can often get lucky. 48 hours before the flight the tour operater may release some seats back to the airline if there are holidays still unsold they can at least recoup some of the cost by filling the plane!

Joe

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 11:21:40 PM »

Hi Eileen

So pleased you got a good price for your flights and thanks very much for the tip re discount on xl flights. I am sure that will come in useful!!!!!!!

Have a great holiday

Pauline

Ps Marie hope you and your Mum have a great time.

Offline Marie

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 12:12:17 AM »
thank you very much pauline, im sure i will have a brilliant time!!
marie x

Offline jan-c

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 04:20:07 PM »
Hi all new to the forum , ive been looking for cheap flights and am waiting for the prices with xl to drop , there are flights from newcastle this tuesday with thomsonfly.com for £3.62 it works out £88.98 each with taxes which isnt bad , just waiting now for august 28th for our first visit to arillas

Offline chrissyUK

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 01:55:12 PM »
Good Morning , My friend and I will be over for a week in aug 28th and I searched high and low for a bargain holiday. I managed to get ours on ebay for £299 inclusive (SC) for both of us. we have to fly from gatwick although our nearest airports are Birmingham/Cardiff/Bristol. I have searched the cheap flights from these airports and although they start from £39.00 when I put the informatiom in from these airports they end up over £350 plus each.
I did notice that up north you get loads cheapy flights. and lots of cheap package holidays :-(
I was looking for a school summer break holiday for myself and my 2 children and although they started at £249 an adult SC or BB bargain holidays(one daughter is 16 and classed as an adult in the travel world but not an adult in UK ) by the time i had filled all the booking pages in the holiday was over £1,200 for the 3 of us which in my eyes is not a bargain!
Regards,
Chrissy

Offline Judi

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 02:09:09 AM »
Crissy our nearest airports are Birmingham/Cardiff/Bristol too - and there are cheap flights out there from these airports. 

We have just come back from a last-minute holiday in Arillas.  I booked from Cardiff flying out on 31st July (booked it 2 days before flying) with First Choice 'flight only'  It started off at over £250 but I waited and kept my eye on the flight.  It dropped to £150 then dropped again to £106 (this being £34 plus taxes) which was when I booked.  There were still a couple of spare seats on the flight when we went. 

There was also a cheapy flight from Bristol leaving on the friday for a similar price - but it left in the evening and returned in the morning so you sort of 'lost' a day.

Dont envy you flying from Gatwick leaving from this area - I try to avoid it at all costs, and with this security thing it will be worse than normal.

Good Luck!

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 08:03:44 PM »
We booked our August flights to Corfu shortly after Christmas and paid around £176 each, all in.  However, on Tuesday 25th July I looked to see what the prices were with XL, flying on the 28th July (the date we had booked) and there weren't any seats.  Out of interest I looked at Thomas Cook and we could have bought return tickets for the princely sum of £45 each, everything included!!  I just can't wait until I retire and can just hop on a plane at the last minute!!

Fiona

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 11:03:33 AM »
im still checking for 11th sept
from manchester the flights are so expensive
dont think i will ever get there

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 01:20:25 PM »
Same problem here looking for cheaper flights from cardiff or bristol, dont mind when we fly but would like to be back anytime from 10th-20th, fingers crossed we find something though I may be inclined to book right at the 11th hr
Look forward to bumping in to any of you who will be there
Ang

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 06:58:56 PM »
Hi Sue,

I checked on the system for you and you are correct, flights from 11th September at Manchester are above average. The outbound flights are selling quite cheap but the inbounds are very high, i'm assuming there is still a lot of holidays to sell so the seat only price is being kept high. Excel are the only carrier showing under £200, but the flight times are awful.

The loads on the aircraft though are still relatively low so it may be worth holding out as long as you can, always risky but the prices can fall dramatically which to be honest has been the trend this summer.

Happy hunting
Joe

Booking.com