Author Topic: Cheap flight  (Read 29785 times)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Re: Cheap flight
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »
I agree thats a good price for the two of you, it may fluctuate a little in the time remaining but the prices tend to hold quite high outside of Manchester and Gatwick, they are the cheapest I have seen for Newcastle in quite a while. Good luck with it all and i'll let you know is anything better comes through!

Joe

Offline Ang

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2006, 10:14:37 PM »
well we booked first choice in the end just a tad under £300 from birmingham...good times so what the hell we only have 15 more sleeps..cant wait whooopie
Ang

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2006, 10:27:48 AM »
That price was for 2 adults and 1 child.  Can't believe it though, Micks passport hasn't got 6 months left on it so have renewed it this morning so not sure whether to book or not, do you think it will be back before the 25th September????????????

Think I'm going to have to leave Mick at home what with his teeth and his passport!

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2006, 11:27:50 AM »
Hi Jill,

Only just arrived at work this morning, 90 minutes on a rain soaked M60, no fun at all! Looking out of the window here I can only feel my mum made the right decision heading off to Arillas.

That price really is fantastic then, I say go for it, especially if this lovely weather continues!! The passport office say about 3 weeks, but to be honest its usually less, shouldn't be as busy now as it is earlier in the year. You can get the post office to do the service for you, it costs a little extra but you get it back much quicker. I can't believe a UK passport is £65 now; our pilots need 2 so they get very grumpy about this.

Out of interest I had a quick look at the entry requirements for Greece and a UK passport needs only to be valid for 3 months after the length of your stay so Mick would have been fine, I know its a bit late telling you this now, all the information can be found here http://www.greekembassy.org.uk/pages_en/visas.html.

Hope you manage to get away.

Joe

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2006, 12:08:37 PM »
Hi Jill,

I renewed my passport earlier this year, i sent it off beginning of June and i received it back 2 weeks later and that was in the busy summer months, so i dont think you will have any problems in receiving it back in time.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2006, 12:33:27 PM »
I got my passport back within 8 days and I didn't pay the extra money to have my documents checked at the post office or for the quicker response.  This was in June too so you should be ok!

Cheryl

PS On a totally different subject and gonna sound really thick now - how do you put your photo on here?  Sorry computers are not really one of my strong points!!!
Cheryl O

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2006, 12:36:43 PM »
Same here Cheryl,i have NO idea either!!!!cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2006, 12:51:51 PM »
At least it's not just me then!!  Have been wanting to ask this question for ages!!  Hopefully some kind person will help us both out!

Cheryl
Cheryl O

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2006, 12:55:56 PM »
If you click on profile at the top of this page and then go to 'Forum Profile Information' it gives you the option to upload your own picture. Click browse which will let you search on your own computer's hard drive or your own photo CD's for any photo's saved there, select one and click ok, it should appear in your profile.

You made need to resize the photo before this though as there is usually a size limit. Pictures can be easily resized in Paint a free drawing program that comes with windows, if you're still having problems let me know.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2006, 01:01:27 PM »
Thank you - will give it a go when my boss goes out!  Will no doubt be back on to you with this one tho!!

Cheryl 
Cheryl O

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2006, 01:25:48 PM »
Hi Joe

Just going to go for it, must have my Arillas fix before the Winter.  Friends are going on the 29th so if we book for the 25th we will still get some days with the.

I paid for the Post Office to check the forms so will just cross my fingers and anything else that I can.

Wish I was your Mum having such a hellpful Son BUT THE MAIN REASON living in Arillas - Heaven

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2006, 01:41:08 PM »
Joe - how does your mom get on living there over the winter? What's it like at that time of year ?

I'd love to be able to go down to the beach on Xmas day :)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2006, 02:03:48 PM »
Jill, many thanks, Its all looking good now and its always nice to have something to look forward to, let me know how you get on.

Hi Lozicle, Corfu is very different in winter, especially the weather (I think it snowed in January). When I saw Arillas in March I would never have believed that it would be ready for the tourist season in May, it looked so different, the sea was up to the road. There were hardly any shops open, just a couple of Taverna’s and the odd Restaurant (Thank god for Town Pizza in San Stefanos, which opened at weekends). It was all very traditional. To be honest the weather wasn't much better than here at that time of year, just a little sunnier, and its very damp as a lot of the new buildings are built for the heat, not the cold. You can go to the beach on Xmas day but you'll need gloves and a scarf. Its still wonderful in Winter but bear in mind there is practically nothing to do, of course this is heaven for some, not sure if I counld manage though, I'm to used to my 24hr Tesco and wireless internet unfortunately :-)

My mum loves it, don't see her ever coming back to the UK, would it be a holiday if she did?

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2006, 02:09:38 PM »
I don't think I'd mind that at all :)
The only thing that I would really miss is my broadband internet. I'm guessing that arillas doesn't have broadband ?

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2006, 02:12:33 PM »
When I saw Arillas in March I would never have believed that it would be ready for the tourist season in May

Joe, we arrived the last week in April, you still would never have believed it was going to be ready for the tourist season the following week!  But they pulled it off, working all  hours day and night, I suppose it's the same the world over once the Adrenalin sets in it's amazing what we can pull off :-)

I don't blame your mum for not coming back, I'm sure she is living life as it should be lived, hopefully I'll bump into her in September.

Eileenx

Booking.com