Author Topic: Irene Villa Appartments - new review  (Read 6125 times)

Offline Judi

Irene Villa Appartments - new review
« on: August 10, 2006, 05:39:54 PM »
We have just returned home from a week staying in Irene Villa Apptments - (note - not to be confused with Irini Studios, which are a different property!)

We booked a week at the very last minute having seen a cancellation advertised on this forum and after reading the positive reviews.  We booked on friday after finding a last-minute flight and left England monday evening - arriving in Corfu in the early hours of tuesday morning.

Eleni had booked a taxi on our behalf to meet us at the airport, and we were driven in style in a very comfortable leather-seated  Merc.  Much better than the 2 1/2 hour coach transfer we experienced on our last visit through a tour operator!

We arrived in Arillas at about 5am, and were delighted to find Eleni had left us water and a couple of beers in the fridge, as well as a basket of tea and coffee sachets.  The appartments we stayed in last visit were very nice, but we had quite a mosquito problem there.  Irene Villa Appartments are equiped with mesh fly-screens to the windows so it was possible to have fresh air at night without the fear of being bitten.  Also, the beds all had mosquito nets and also mosquito plugs were provided (wish I had realised before we went as I wouldnt have bothered taking my own!).  After being bitten so much last time we used every precaution and I can honestly say I didnt see one mosquito in the appartment.

The appartment we had was to the rear of the villa, so it did not have the exceptionally large balcony that that front appartments have.  However, our balcony was very private and more than adequate for a couple (easily as big as most appts have).  It also had lovely views over the adjoining market garden to the sea beyond in one direction, and over fields to the hills in the other.

The appartment also had an efficient air-conditioning system to the bedroom, with a remote control and various options (again, better than renting a fan which we had to do last visit!)

Another nice touch was the provision of beach towels, a beach mat and umbrella to use.  There were also several 3 pin to 2 pin plug adaptors left in the drawers for guests to use.  T towels, kitchen roll and washing up liquid was also provided, together with the expected soap and towels to the bathroom.  There is a table tennis table in the garden and bats and balls were left in the appartment too.

The bathroom had a proper bath with a shower above.  The water was heated by electric rather than solar power, so no problems in having an endless supply or hot water, or timing a shower before everyone else in the villa had nabbed all the hot water!

The appartments were clean and tidy, and with all the little touches felt a real home from home.  Eleni and Spiros strive to make your stay a happy one by providing all the thoughtful little extras you do not normally find.

The garden is lovely with several seats dotted around it, nice plants and trees and childrens play area.  Spiros was there most mornings watering the plants and tending to anything that needed attention.  Eleni was there in the evening checking all was well.  The villa is in a pleasant, quiet and private location set well back off the road, but an easy stroll to the seafront and village. 

There is no maid service to the villa as Eleni and her family do all the work themselves.  The towels were changed during our weeks stay and I understand that had we been stopping 2 weeks then she would have cleaned the appartment through after a week.  Eleni is very particular that things should be done correctly so she prefers to do everything herself.  This was not a problem as if you rent a flat in England you do not expect it to be cleaned while you are in residence and it is nice to think you will not be disturbed by someone wanting to clean your room if you want a lie in.

We were flying home on another night flight so did not have to leave Arillas until 2am.  Rather than turn us out of the appartment at mid-day Eleni allowed us to stay until she came to clean it for the next booking who were arriving later that evening.  This enabled us to have a last morning on the beach, time to shower, pack, have lunch - and relax on the balcony with a book until she came at 4.30pm.  She also arranged with her good friend Dimitris that we could have the use of a small en-suite room with him, free of charge, until our taxi came.  She transported us and our luggage to Dimitri's in her car.  Thanks to Eleni and Dimitri we were not left with a whole afternoon and evening guarding our suitcases - and could enjoy a last full day and evening in Arillas - plus even managed a couple of hours sleep before the leather-clad Merc. whisked us back to the airport.

Eleni gave us a going-away present of a bottle of Ouzo with a small dish with Irene Villas logo on it - this was so unexpected and such a kind gesture.  I really feel we have made new friends and would have no hesitation in staying at Irene Villa Appartments again.

Thank you for a wonderful holiday Eleni and Spiros - and also Thank you Dimitri for allowing us the use of your room on Monday.
 My only regret is that we could not stay a fortnight!

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Irene Villa Appartments - new review
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 01:55:20 PM »
sounds lovely place.
suexx

Booking.com