Author Topic: one way flights from Corfu  (Read 8925 times)

JOHNB

one way flights from Corfu
« on: August 21, 2006, 06:58:46 PM »
Could anyone help, I am looking for a return flight from Corfu to Manchester [Cheap if possible] one way.

Any ideas please.

Thanks

John

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
Re: one way flights from Corfu
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 07:01:14 PM »
Hi John,

What dates are you looking at and which airport do you need to come back to? Most flights are on Mondays & Fridays.

JOHNB

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 07:12:29 PM »
Hi Joe,

Either late on 03/09/06 or anytime 04/09/0/06

Thanks

John

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 07:14:36 PM »
I'll see if the computers here can come up with anything, any particular UK airport?

JOHNB

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 07:17:08 PM »
Hi Joe,

Manchester

Thanks

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 12:34:43 PM »

Hi John,

Sorry didn't have chance to do this last night. I'm not sure what’s going on that week but all the prices are really high compared to previous weeks, looks like Corfu may be busy in September.

The cheapest on our systems is around £144 CFU-MAN (taxes included) on either 2nd September or 5th September, both leaving at 5am, that is flying with Thomas Cook. Ran a quick search on Monarch, TUI, My Travel and everything was more expensive, couldn't check First Choice but they usually don't sell one way from Corfu.

I even checked the scheduled carriers (Olympic via Athens) and they were all over £200 each way. I would normally suggesting holding on until the last minute but if prices are this high it must be due to demand. You could always try independent websites that I can't check here such as www.cheapflights.co.uk as these seats are bought in advance, but often additional costs aren't shown until the end.

Good luck anyways
Joe

JOHNB

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 12:52:12 PM »
Thanks again Joe for all your effort, it is greatly appreciated.

John

Offline chrissyUK

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 02:16:08 PM »

John

Hi John, Have you tried corfu escapes as they do have one way flights there from manchester  and gatwick.
Regards,
Chrissy.

JOHNB

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 02:23:08 PM »
Hi Chrissy,

The accomodation and flight is with Corfu Escape but they dont have any return flights, thats the problem.

Thanks

John

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 02:42:28 PM »

John

Anytime.

I have found out what the problem is that week with the shortage of flights and high prices. The airline summer season normally runs April - October and in the peak months July and August extra flights are incorporated due to the increased demand. The dates you are looking at during the start of September are when the flying program calms down, we change from 6/7  MAN-CFU flights a week to 4 and the other airlines have similar procedures. This leads to less empty seats, higher demand and bigger profits for the airlines, as with everything else it’s all driven by money.

Offline chrissyUK

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 03:07:44 PM »
Hi Chrissy,

The accomodation and flight is with Corfu Escape but they dont have any return flights, thats the problem.

Thanks

John
Hi John I am searching for a holiday for someone else and
I did a quick search for you and found one with Avro but it is £231.80 pp

http://www.avro.co.uk/results.htm

Offline chrissyUK

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 03:13:00 PM »
Hi Chrissy,

Thanks

John
Hi John I am searching for a holiday for someone else and
I did a quick search for you and found one with Avro but it is £231.80 pp

PS... Maybe it might be a lot cheaper to book a last min  a return flight from manchester and just not use the flight out ?

Chrissy.

http://www.avro.co.uk/results.htm

JOHNB

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 03:25:37 PM »
Hi Chrissy,

I am looking at that at the moment but with no luck, nothing cheap. It appears that Joe's comments are correct.

Thanks again Chrissy and Joe

John

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 11:01:47 AM »
Hi John

My Daughter was out in Arillas for the whole summer last year.  We had problems getting her home as there seemed to be no one way tickets when I contact travel agents in the UK.  We used Bridge to Corfu on the travel info page on this web site.  Sue was great and checked daily for the cheapest flight for us.  Drop her an email she may be able to help.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 12:04:27 PM »
Hi John,

I hope you get to see this post before the system here updates (I will PM you as well) but at the moment we have a one-way flight from Corfu to Manchester on flythomascook.com for £47.99 plus taxes, £80 in total, its flies very early in the morning on the 5th September. That is about half the price it was last week.

Is this any use to you?
Joe

Booking.com