Author Topic: Heavy Thunderstorm.  (Read 12469 times)

Offline azzymo

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: Heavy Thunderstorm.
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 07:14:50 PM »
hi willowlark,
I can fully empathise with you about the travel difficulties.  I'm a NI resident myself and we're just back from a fortnight at Bardis Sun.  We decided to fly to Manchester as the flights worked out cheaper than Gatwick.  We stayed the night previous and the night following our holiday in the HOliday Inn and the Travelodge so its alot more expensive than the fortunate English travellers but I knew it'd be worth it.

Offline Ang

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 12:19:36 PM »
What a few storms we had this week there was a good one on sat night then another on sunday afternoon and the mother of all came about 3am on tuesday, but they soon cleared and the sun shon even more
Ang

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2006, 03:11:55 PM »
I think the storms are fab there. We love to sit n watch them, with a nice bottle of wine! Happy days.Lindypops.
Lindypops.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2006, 07:19:15 PM »
Hi willowlark!  The family we met last year came from the Shetlands and their trip was very long - a ferry first, then a train and taxi and then the plane.... thats a very long and expensive trip too.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline jan-c

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2006, 06:11:14 PM »
Know what your saying about the storms , it was specatacular watching them out to see , then yes the mother of all storms came at 3.00am, we sat on the balcony watching until the lightening hit the beach then bid a hasty retreat when the rain came down, didnt dampen our holiday tho , while the weather was a bit grey we just went for a couple of walks into the nearby resorts .

Booking.com