Author Topic: Nudee beach access  (Read 78474 times)

Offline Crawsue

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Nudee beach access
« on: September 04, 2006, 02:31:16 PM »
We have had 4 great holidays in Arillis and thoroughly enjoy the "easy" atmosphere of this special place ( and it's people).We are coming out again next week ,and I am interested in how accessible the "nudee beach" is at the moment.2 years ago at this time of year ,the beach was broad enough to play beach volley-ball on,last year we had to lie on the pebbles!It appears from the web-cam of the last few days that the wind has been "light" ,so here's hoping we can get" our kit off" in comfort!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Nudee beach access
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 11:49:02 AM »
Oh My!  We saw people wading through the sea to get to it this June, dont know what it is like now obviously.  We did see people on the beach though (we were high up on the cliffs - minus binoculars you would be pleased to know) so there must be some sand there.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Geoffrey with a "G"

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 12:08:24 PM »
Access was easy over the last 2 weeks. Water was coming up only below the knees. Wonderful.
Geoffrey with a `G´

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 01:29:09 PM »
Today I saw that our beach got suddenly wider overnight,! now there is only a Small spot that you have to walk in to the water in order to access the nudie beach

l

The size of our sandy beach can vary from days to days depending of the directing of the wind and the waves.
The sand IS a liquid element but with a different dynamic and it moves with the stream of the water and mood of the weather...

Hope to see you all soon,

Dimitris

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 04:23:22 PM »
Lovely views of the beach Dimitrius!  Wish I was there and the weather report looks great too!

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 04:13:17 PM »
Ohh that's good to know :)
We'll be heading over on the 25th and were wondering about the nudee beach :D

In July we got washed off completely - waves right up to the cliff - ABANDON BEACH !! lol

Offline Crawsue

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 08:01:10 PM »
Just back from our week,great weather up until Saturday (16th. Sept) when we had a thunder storm in the afternoon. The "nudee beach" became dificult to access as the waves grew and we "escaped" just as the last of the sand disappeared! On Sunday afternoon the sun returned but the waves were crashing in so there was no chance of access. It does show how volatile the beach is which is a pity.Has anyone found an Arillas type Greek resort ( i.e. not to comercialized) with a good nude beach within comfortible walking distance, and no climbing over cliffs ( my missus refuses to scale mountains to get her kit off!!!!)

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 01:39:44 PM »
Hi Crawsue;

For information on nude beaches covering all the Greek Islands try the website Captain Barefoot.

Hope this helps

John

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 11:42:31 AM »
Ooer!  the nudist beach is getting wider today which isnt much good if its raining today! Wot a shame!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 01:35:08 PM »
At least your cloths wouldnt get wet, so if its still warm why worry. ;-) Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 08:40:51 PM »
he he he!!!

Offline Alan

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 12:25:16 AM »
When i was there in July/August the beach was easy to get to, but a couple of days i couldnt get round the corner, i discovered that people were just gettin their kit off "this side" of the nudy beach, by that i mean they didnt go thru the water and the waves crashing against them, and NOBODY on the other side turned a hair, no one was interested at all, how good is that, this is what i love about Arillas its soooo laid back, have fun.
Alan

Offline wacko

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 01:05:20 AM »
Thanks Allen,
I have to confess it i s a bit of a treat to go down the end of the beach and get me kit off. The weather forcast looks good so by Monday Lucnch it will be Lunch or beach............... I think beach lets have some waves to rejuvenate the body parts

thanks for the posting
wacko

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 02:32:22 PM »
We've just returned from a week in Arillas with the start of the week being engulfed by spectacular storms ! I will have to try and post some of the pics/videos I got.
Needless to say, the entirety of the nudee beach was underwater, as was a lot of the regular beach up until a few days ago. It's slowly being reclaimed.
There were a few people who waded round the nudee beach, braving the waves and bags overhead to go and lie on the stones (there was no sand at all) - but that wasn't exactly what I'd call fun. As mentioned before, the next cove along was adopted as a temporary nudee beach and no one batted an eyelid, quite content for it to happen. So all was well. Except I burned me bum :( :P

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 03:13:28 PM »
Oh dear!  Glad you had a great time - welcome back!

C
xx
Cheryl O

Booking.com