Author Topic: advice for eating and drinking  (Read 21808 times)

Offline neilm

advice for eating and drinking
« on: September 07, 2006, 11:08:57 PM »
If anyone has any recommendations for a "forty something" couple staying at kaloudis for a week from 22 sept regarding food and drink, we would love to read them. Looking for a weeks' R+R. cheers

Offline dick

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: advice for eating and drinking
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 11:10:26 PM »
we arrive on the same day where are you flying from, we are flying from leeds
alex and dick
dick and Alex

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 12:10:31 AM »
Well I am 40 something and my hubby a bit more!  We enjoy strolling out for a meal at night, watching the sunset and enjoying the Greek pace of life.  We can highly recommend Brouklis, the Spit Roast is wonderful as are all the home-cooked dishes.  Also Thalassa is lovely and the food at the Marina is very nice too.  Their son is good to watch at Greek Night on a Saturday, amazing dancer.  When we stayed at the Kaloudis we used to have a swim first thing then not feel too guilty when odering their lovely breakfast.  Really nice.  Then we used to stroll down to the supermarket for reading material (there is a nice place for breakfast there too - Helens) and then chill on the beach.  If feeling very energetic some nice walks to neighbouring resorts but if not just a stroll for lunch at one of the many nice tavernas and then more sunbathing!  Good fun to hire a quad bike and if you do then Afionas Village is a must.  Call at Dionysos Taverna for lunch with the best view in the world.  Great people and great places at night, lots happening at Kaloudis but quieter spots for a romantic evening depending upon what you want!  You will just love Arillas.  Poppy and Spiros have a good bar at the Bardis Sun (opposite end to you but not far) and they arrange trips to Mon Amour Restaurant in Kavadades which is authentic greek and fantastic - or you can make your own way there of course.  Hope that helps :)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 01:15:10 AM »
I found that interesting reading too... we are staying at the Bardis next June and wondered where Kavadades was.  Sounds good.  Everywhere to eat is good in Arillas,but we didnt lilke the Chinese much though, we felt like a bit of a change towards the end of the fortnight and wished we hadnt bothered, as it took too long to come to the table and was overpriced for what it was.  Otherwise everything else was great especially the full english breakfast at the Captains after an early morning walk.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 12:47:38 PM »
Oooh think we'd like to try a few trips to afionas and kavadades. we did go there but not for food last time.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 03:41:41 PM »
hello Neil,
my advise would be try everywhere you can,food in Arillas is very good so it depends on what you fancy that day.As for drink my favorite is Amstel,but others like Mythos beer.again just try and see what takes your fancy,prices are not bad so you will not lose a fortune if you dont like something,go for it and enjoy
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline JohnJ

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 03:53:41 PM »
For those of you asking how far it is to Kavadades,  I would think it must be about 3 kilometres.  It took me about 40 minutes to walk so is Ok in the day time but I would not reccomend it at night.  The thing to do is ring them ( I listed the phone number on a previous message) and they will come and fetch you and bring you back when you are ready all free of charge!!!  Brilliant Greek hospitality and fantastic value for money.  Go on a Saturday night when they have their spit roast lamb, pork and chicken. Fantastic!!!
Regards John
JOHN JOHNSON

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 11:14:17 PM »
Hi
this is sue,s partner Ian. my only adive that i can offer is eat and drink plenty its all lovely

Ian

Offline Adele

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2006, 02:53:50 PM »
My husband and I stayed in Arilas for two weeks from July 24 and we fell in love with the place and the people.

The standard of food was very high, but our favourite places were the Brouklis, Horizon, Thassalas.

The service at the Brouklis is very friendly and personal and the food is wonderful.

Dimitris, who runs the restaurant is lovely and looks like Tom Cruise (well, thought I should let all you Tom Cruise fans in on the secret). However, I do hear he is spoken for - what a shame...

Hope to see you next year Dimitris, but that all depends on whether we can get accommodation!

All the best,

Adele

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 08:46:46 PM »
What with Steve Martin and now Tom Cuise on this site lol
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 09:12:40 PM »
Would you agree that  my Mike looks a bit like Harold Bishop too?

Offline tracey&peter

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 12:22:02 PM »
I have to disagree with the Tom Cruise look alike - when we first met Dimitris 9 years ago my first reaction when we met him was a young Richard Gere - and I still stick with that one.

Tracey

Tracey & Peter Smith
Solihull
West Midlands

Offline suzanne simcox

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 01:46:42 PM »
Trust you Tracey, but yes I do agree, Sue xx  ;) ;)

Offline kat66

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 02:54:13 PM »
We only went to Brouklis once on our recent trip to Arillas and wasn't sure who was Dimitris but now you mention the young Richard Gere I realise ! We had agreat time and I loved the sardines at Brouklis but we just had to eat sample every restaurant .

Although like everyone one day we will return because the place was so idyllic ,so unspoilt. Although next year we have already booked Skiathos so may be 2008.

Sorry to waffle but we also had agreat meal in San Stefanos at the Olive Tree I think that's what it's called. Apparently Dimitris' cousins place.

Thanks to all the lovely people of Arillas lets hope it never ever ends up like Sidari !

Cheers Kat66

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 04:46:00 PM »
I think everyone would agree with you there!

Booking.com