Author Topic: Just Back (Makris apts)  (Read 9322 times)

Derek1

Just Back (Makris apts)
« on: June 03, 2004, 03:43:02 PM »
:D  :D Hi all well thats me & the family just returned from another great holiday in Arillas This time we stayed at the Makris appartments was ecellent & very clean & tidy  :D . The only downside was the lack of pool , but as we were leaving workmen were building the poolside bar 8) Of course you still have free use of the pool at Tria Adellphia which is a great place to relax or of some great fun  :wink: Hi to all the staff there  :D
As usual  the people of Arillas made us very welcome  :)  :) we eat out every night & again the food was magic  :D the only problem we have is we are now back home  :cry:  :wink:  but hopfully we will be back again near the end of the season  :D Got to say hi to John , Lee & famillies  the drunken Scots met up with the drunken Welsh  :lol:  :lol: we had a great time with you & you're kids you helped make a great holiday even better   :D hope to hear from you again  :)
I have only one complaint & its about you Dimitris  :wink: we were in the Brouklis on Saturday night ( great grub as usual ) & you gave us a weather forecast for the next day saying it would be cloudy , windy but NO RAIN  :roll: as we were going horse riding the next day ( if you get a chance to do it & its not raining  :lol: grab it because its a magic way to spend a couple of hours ) but guess what  :!: 15 mins before we finished we stopped horse riding & invented a new pastime of horse swimming  :!:  :lol:  :lol:
Thanks again to all in Arillas for giving us a great holiday & we can't wait to come back  to see you all again  :)  :)

Offline Mick and Jill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Just Back (Makris apts)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 08:23:46 PM »
Hi Derek

Glad you also had a great holiday.  I can't believe how fast our week flew over, I've started counting down to the next time 16 weeks on Monday  :lol: .  I think we hit lucky with the weather, I phoned our friends last night and they were having problems with the electricity, water and telephones due to the bad weather.

Jill
Jill XXX

im

Question Eating out
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 08:26:48 PM »
Hi Derek

We are going to arrilas in august, so can you please tell me what places you recommend to eat out in thanks

it would be appreciated if you can give me an answer thanks

bye for now

ian

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Just Back (Makris apts)
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2004, 11:35:49 AM »
Hi' Ian,

It is so difficult to recommend good places to eat as there are so many, much more than you can visit in 2 weeks!

I have never had a bad meal in any of them, O.K, some are better than others, but I'm sure that if you were to ask all the members of this site they would all have different favourites.

A good place to start of course is the Brouklis, remember and pay close attention when Dimitris rattles off  'This evenings specials' or you will miss half of it! :D   I'm sure he does it for fun to see the look of bewilderment on our faces as we try to take all the information in :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Enjoy your holiday,
Eileen

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
Re-Just back
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 12:01:15 PM »
Yasoo everyone,

I've been back 6 days now, but have only recovered sufficiently today to catch up on all thats going on. :roll:

We had another fantastic stay in the Mathraki Apts, their location is great as is their welcome.  When leaving the Mathraki apts you can turn right which will take you down a road to the village, but if you take a left you will be on a lovely little lane which passes old houses, fields and animals (it was lovely to see that the goat had little babies now). There is a traditional taverna at the end of the lane and a few more steps leads you to the the beach.  We have now christened this the 'Goat Walk' and my grandson had to be taken this walk 3 times a day!

The weather was fantastic, a huge improvement on the temperamental weather we had in May, the wild flowers are past their best show now, but there are still plenty to see and admire.

The football...well what can I say :roll:  When we witnessed the scenes of celebration after Greece won the semi-final on the Thursday, we knew we were in for a treat on Sunday....and we were not disappointed either.  Dimitris I have some dodgy photos of you dancing in the middle of the floor in the Coconut Bar in the early hours. :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

A big thank-you to Akis, Nicolette and the rest of the family who made us so welcome and looking forward to seeing you all in September. :D

Eileenxx

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Just Back (Makris apts)
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 06:48:55 PM »
Yassou Eileen
Glad you all had a wonderful time, we have been quite envious knowing you were out there and the weather getting hotter and hotter to above 90+!! and then Greece getting to the final !! well what a party we've missed ?? I even said on the Forum if Greece got to the final i was coming out , but alas i couldn't get a flight in time. Nevermind we will be out there soon again. And we were at MATHRAKI in May/June as well!!
speak soon.

Paul/Deb5

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Just Back (Makris apts)
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 07:02:16 PM »
Hi Ian
As Eileen says you can't get round all of them in one holiday, try the ones you fancy and then keep a couple of favourites and then try the odd different one ?? you will be welcomed and have good service in all of them. And we've been going twice a year for 4 years and still haven't been in all of them!!
Start with the Brouklis Taverna which is traditional Greek food , and while your there put your photo in the Forum album and have a look at all the other mug shots !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure Harold won't mind me saying that he cheated and put a photo in that was 20years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also scroll up & down on Forum list and you willget alot of info????

Paul/Deb5

Marie Gibbon

Just Back (Makris apts)
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2004, 07:31:15 PM »
hiya Eillen,
glad u had a good holiday AGAIN!! :lol:
i sent you a private message have you got it??
i go on monday!
love mariexx

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
Re-just back
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2004, 11:58:33 PM »
I remember Paul/Debs, you arrived at the Mathraki around the time we were leaving.  I hope you enjoyed it as much as we do.

Pity you couldn't get the flights, but just think how much more spending money it leaves you for your visit later on. :D  :D  :D

Marie, I did not get your message.......I hope you did not send it to the wrong person  :oops:  ...never mind I will p.m you now and tell you all the goss on who's there and not there. :wink:

eileenxx

Marie Gibbon

Just Back (Makris apts)
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2004, 11:18:20 AM »
hiya Eileen,
 :oops:  :lol: i hope i didnt send it to some1 else!!!
love marie xxx

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Just Back (Makris apts)
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 12:12:41 AM »
Yassou Eileen,
I am trying to work something out from the replys , if we arrived on May 24th as you were going home , and you have been back for 6 days now ? that means you have been twice already in 10 weeks ????? have you got a season ticket ????? if so i want one ??
Yes we will be going back soon .

Regards     Paul/Deb5

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
Just Back (Makris apts)
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2004, 10:37:47 AM »
Paul/Deb5, Oh what a lovely idea :D, A season ticket to Arillas. :D

Unfortunately I don't have one, but if you come across any tour operator offers of 'buy 2weeks and the other 50 weeks free' just let me know. :wink:

The tour operator we travel with offers 3 week holidays, you have to call them for a price.  I did and got a shock  :shock: , it works out quite expensive.  This year the tour operator is allowing customers to book accomodation only and very reasonable it is too, we've booked for September this way, our flights work out to be much, much cheaper and at a better flight time booking them with another company.  We saved ourselves  over £100 each against the brochure prices on a 7day holiday. :)   Now if you wanted to go for 21 or 28 nights next year Excel have some great prices on offer.  June for 21 nights from Glasgow £204, not bad at all by my reckoning. :D  :D  :D

Eileen

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
Just Back (Makris apts)
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2004, 10:43:03 AM »
Re-2005 flights: I've just checked and the price is now £199 for 21 nights and £239 for 28 nights!

Eileen

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Just Back (Makris apts)
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2004, 03:57:59 PM »
Hi Eileen
You'll see i have just replied to your brother on another topic.
Anyway the above prices seem very interesting is there a web site your using for this ?? and is it only from the Scottish regions you can fly from?
Although we have been using the site that Mick & Jill gave us, and we certaintly like the idea of a longer holiday !! i.e like permanently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
speak soon.

Regards  Paul/Deb5

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
Just Back (Makris apts)
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2004, 08:26:57 PM »
Hi Paul/Deb,

Here is the website www.excelairways.com

They fly from Birmingham (is that your nearest?), Gatwick and Manchester to Corfu.  The prices from Birmingham look very similar to the Glasgow flight prices, also you can join their 'special offers list' then they will email you with offers to your chosen destination.

we certaintly like the idea of a longer holiday !! i.e like permanently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.......and not having to work of course :roll:  :roll:

Eileen.....wish I was there.

Booking.com