Author Topic: Boat hire??  (Read 9300 times)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Boat hire??
« on: September 27, 2006, 05:18:58 PM »
Wanting to pick anyones brain who has any answers to my questions.

I clicked on the boat hire link on the front page, this is something id really like to do next year, the thought of going to all the little coves sounds lovely, was just wondering if anyone could tell me how far San Stef travel is from Arillas and the pictures on the link show a bay between Arillas and San George i think it was that looked absolutely gorgeous, does anyone know which way it is from the boat hire place??

Sorry if i havent made much sense!

Offline Lynette

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Boat hire??
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 05:38:55 PM »
Hi Think I can help you a little the walk from Arilles to San Stefano Travel is not far at all and a nice walk if you take the sea path route you can also do it by road as well depending on how quick you walk (I speed walk) but at moderate pace it will take you about 20mins by road and fifteen mins by sea path you can see the sea path on some of Dimitris pics. When you go in Stefano Travel ask for Irene and say I sent you she will really look after you. Try it its really worth it but not for people with weak heart!

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 05:40:07 PM »
The guy on the beach who has the boats will let you hire them, so you can toddle off by yourself.
Freedom of the sea`s...keep saying we will hire it but just never seem to get round to it...
must put it on my TO DO list

Offline lynda

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 07:50:30 PM »
We hired a boat from the guy on the beach when we were in Arillas in July. We had a fab time although we thought that four hours was enough. We headed off to Paleokastritsa stopping off at a couple of coves en route. We then stopped at Agios Georgios on the way back, went round Gravia, into San Stefanos and finally back to Arillas! You can really get to quite a few places within the four hours. If you have any problems with motion sickness take a pill before you go!! Enjoy! Lynda

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 10:17:24 AM »
So can anyone tell me if the prices differ from the San Stef boat hire prices?? 

stokiesam

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 11:41:37 AM »
We hired the most expensive boat, 30hp with electric start and a steering wheel, about two weeks ago, and it was €60 for 4 hrs, €90 for the full day. We hired for 4 hours and it was absolutely brilliant, easily got to Paleo with stops on the way. The guy is very helpful and you get all the kit plus a map showing how far you can go and emergency mobile numbers etc. You need to book in advance and leave €30 deposit, which is used to pay for the fuel when you get back. They accept all credit cards and the boats seem well looked after and reliable. Just do it, it's a complete hoot!!

Cheers

Sam

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 11:45:02 AM »
So whereabouts on the beachfront is the hire place??

Oh yeah we're definitely going to do it, cant wait!!

stokiesam

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 05:15:09 PM »
Just to the left of the jetty, it's the guy who does parascending, water-skiing and suchlike. There's a small shelter and a row of wooden changing cubicles, you can't miss it.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 05:22:20 PM »
Excellent, we shall be there in May next year and that will be one of the things on the 'to do' list, thanx for the info!

Booking.com