Author Topic: Deserted beaches  (Read 8241 times)

Anonymous

Deserted beaches
« on: June 05, 2004, 08:58:56 PM »
Hi Everyone

Less than a week to go now, can't wait!

We'll be hiring a car and wondered if you knew of any beaches where we might be lucky enough to have the place to ourselves?

Also any advice on places to visit etc would be great.

Thanks in advance

Dawn[/code]

Offline carol

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Deserted beaches
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 09:18:53 PM »
What a wonderful thought.I lovely deserted beach,and if im not mistaken Arillas beach is just the place!!!dont get me wrong i dont mean the main beach,but while we were there last year we hired a boat for a couple of hours and as we sailed towords San Stefanos there were lots of very private places to bath!!im sure if im wrong i will be corrected,but im sure im right.and luckerly its on your door step!!happy holidays.cx 8)  8)  8)
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
Deserted beaches
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 11:24:28 PM »
Hi Dawn

There are 2 lovely quiet coves that are accessable by boat or foot.

If you travel up to Afionas there is a gift shop, walk down the side of this shop and if you look carefully there is a small track, it's quite a walk dwn the side of the cliffs but well worth it.  You can also hire a boat from St George and it would only take you 5 minutes to peddle there.  The sea is an unbelievable colour and it's so peaceful.  

As Carol said even the main beach is looking desserted, when we were there a week ago there was only a handful of people on it.
I'm sure you'l have a great time, let me know if you find the coves.

Best wishes Jill
Jill XXX

Derek1

Deserted beaches
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 01:09:50 AM »
Hi Dawn if its privacy you are after try the far end of Arillas beach which takes some walking but is well worth the trouble  :D

Anonymous

Deserted beaches
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 12:36:07 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I like the idea of hiring a boat but I'm really scared of water!

Not sure if I dreamt it but is there an island nearby which is almost deserted and if so how do we get there?

I'm really excited now !!!

Dawn[/code]

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
Deserted beaches
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 01:42:12 PM »
Hi Dawn

There is an island just off the Bay of Arillas which has a beautiful sandy cove at the far side of it.  It can only be reached by boat but it is totally isolated.   There are also day trips to the bigger island which is worth doing.

Jill
Jill XXX

Booking.com