Author Topic: Hotel Marvel/Marvellous  (Read 22274 times)

Offline bob {grazaki}

Re: Hotel Marvel/Marvellous
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 07:59:44 PM »
We were at Marvel last month it was very good wine was to hic!!!! It was
that good we have just booked again fot next june.  bob{Grazaki}

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 09:20:58 PM »
We were in Arillas when we picked up this (Grinch's) topic. The day before,strangely enough, I had Brouklis Garlic bread as part of lunch and that evening had the Bifteki. Surely every Chef/Cook will take a way of preparing food and put their own personal touch to it. Even a simple item like Garlic bread.  So Brouklis Garlic Bread must be different to Costas on the Beach which is not the same as Sainsbury's Garlic Baguettes which is not as good as my wifes Garlic Bread. (Hers is the best in the world in case she reads this sometime)
The same is said about the Bifteki.
Wouldn't it be boring if every Taverna's Bifteki was the same. Not only boring but if they were all the same then,chances are, they are all out of a box. Brouklis Bifteki is prepared freshly, so no standard shape and with possibly a slight variation on the amount of cheese. In my opinion if you go heavy on the cheese then all you have is a glorified Cheeseburger.  A marball of Feta is fine for me. It could have been worse and just been a marball!!. Each to their own but if we are all to become food critics then we have to compare like for like.
As regards the Hotel Marvel. We have never been in there. This could very well be a mistake on our part as I see some good reports. What I do know is that young Takis who works there, will make you very welcome. He has experience beyond his years so whatever meal you choose the food the friendly greeting and service you receive should go a long way to an enjoyable evening.
Regards
Negg

Offline bob {grazaki}

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 01:38:53 PM »
Takis told us he goes in the army or navy next year so he may not be there. He did not say when. He is very  good at his job
                                                                                                            Bob (Grazaki}

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 03:17:05 PM »
I have never had Befteki - can you tell me what that is please....so we can try it next time.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Puffin

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 06:17:16 PM »
From what I can remember it is a Greek hamburger made with ground steak and sometimes stuffed with cheese.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 06:46:26 PM »
Sounds lovely - Mike will definately be trying that!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 07:31:10 PM »
Most Tavernas use fresh ground Beefsteak,maybe a few herbs added, and usually with a very small filling of feta cheese inside. Brouklis uses the same meat for their Keftedes ( Small Meatball Starter )The beauty of fresh is that if you don't like cheese you can order it without.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Grinch

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2006, 03:15:08 AM »
Thank you everyone for your replies, it is great to be able to read other oppions. The original post was my thoughts as to various comments. It is in no means a dig, we all have different tastes, but this has had the desired effect, like many of you, i will be trying more places on my next visit. I will be back, just cant stop going since our first visit in Oct 2004.

Once again thank you all,

Grinch.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 09:31:36 PM »
Well done Grinch.  Nice to know you are going back. If we bump into you then be prepared to buy us both a drink. - or two.
Regards
Negg

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 12:47:01 AM »
Thomas Cook on the internet had the Hotel Marvel (for 2 people) for 14 nights B&B from manchester flying friday 20th july for £650. A bargain for peak weeks! (that was 2 days ago)

Offline jester

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2007, 05:10:02 PM »
We went to Arillas last year and stayed at the Marvelous/ Marvel and loved it that much we booked for this year a week after last years hols. Spiros and Kostas (as are the rest of the family) friendly folk. We ate at several places and enjoy doing so it makes the holiday for us. We did eat at the Marvelous several times and as mentioned before if staying there get 10% discount, thoroughly enjoyed it great service, nice selection and price wise no different from other restaurants.  We have to say we did not have one bad meal whilst there(Arillas), of course some we favoured more but thats what testing restaurants is about. As for the Marvelous's rooms they are clean/ fresh/ big enough for a two week stay - we have absolutely no negatives to report on the hotel or Arillas otherwise we would not be going back. Try and enjoy thats all we can say. See you soon Spiros - coffee please ha, ha, ha - 19 days to go 

Offline Manda

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 10:08:06 PM »
Is there an email or web address for the Marvel? I need to email Kostas and Spiros on behalf of my Arillas-addicted mum. Many thanks for any help :-)

14 sleeps to go!!! yipeeeee x

Offline Jennifer Ferguson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 10:57:52 PM »
email i have for marvel is -  marvels@acn.gr
tel no -0030 2663051120

Booking.com