Author Topic: Re: CHEAP FLIGHTS TO CORFU  (Read 37374 times)

Offline Lynette

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: CHEAP FLIGHTS TO CORFU
« on: October 09, 2006, 04:39:16 PM »
Dimitris,
This is excellent news hopefully their fares will be reasonable and then we can keep coming 12months a year.
Hope you and your family are all well.

Lynette

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 04:40:21 PM »
I am hoping that the service proves itself so popular and is so well used that GB Airways will consider extending the flying schedule right through the winter months.  Who knows perhaps in future they may even extend the service to regional U.K airports.

I emailed GB airways on both counts last week, but as yet have not received a reply. :-(

I think before you book you holiday for next year it is worthy taking a look at http://www.gbairways.com/where-we-fly/schedules GB airways website and maybe it is time that you booked your own Holiday and let the local people to arrange your transfer, welcome you with a smile and enjoy a lot more comforts and benefits of the independent traveler.

Ill be back with more news as soon as I have,
Best regards,

Dimitris

Here, here, well said Dimitris, let the locals take charge of their own holiday market instead of the big Tour Operators!

Eileenx

Offline Lynette

Re: CHEAP FLIGHTS TO CORFU FROM GATWICK 4 TIMES A WEEK IN 2007
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 04:41:48 PM »
Eileen,

Great minds think a like about the 12months a year!

Lynette
ps let us know when you get a reply

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 04:44:07 PM »
Ive had a quick squiz at the site, for 2 people flying 21st May next year for a week its £251 including all taxes etc, is this good or bad??

I just typed in that date cos thats when im going.

Bearing in mind we booked with Corfuescape, flights, accomadation and transfers was £189 each so £378 altogether for the 2 of us.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 04:45:49 PM »
I'll let you know if I hear anything Lynette.  They have not even acknowledged my query yet, in fact I think I will email them again right now just to remind them.

Eileen

Offline Lynette

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 05:10:40 PM »
Smiffy,

I have now just looked at Thomson flights from Stansted same time as you did they are 408.00 for two for a week (flights only) so yours is good. Stansted and Thomsons always expensive I no but I only live ten mins away from airport!

Lynette

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 05:22:17 PM »
Hi Lynette,

I used to only live 10 mins from Stansted up until 6 months ago, whereabouts are you??

So do you think £251 is good??  It just seems alot for just a flight for 2 when i got everything for 2 for £378 with Corfuescape.

Offline Lynette

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 06:06:40 PM »
Smiffy,

Live Braintree side of Great Dunmow, spooky that when I see your profile I wondered if we lived near each other. It is handy being near stansted but Thomsons are so over priced its unreal in August we paid 360.00 each for flight only I flew to Dubai in January with United Emirates for that! the only good thing is living near Stansted you don't get stressed with traffic jams so suppose you have to pay the price. I am now waying it up if its better to go from gatwick as its so much cheaper!

Ps where are you living now
Lynette

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 06:11:36 PM »
Yeah i know, i used to live in Bishops Stortford for 10 years, now in Romford, places you go for love ay haha!!!  My Grandad is in Felsted and my aunt and uncle are on Hatfield Heath so im always up there now and again, i do miss it if im honest!

The flights from Gatwick are so much cheaper, it is then a case of weighing it all up, because of the cost youd spend getting to gatwick and back you could probably go from Stansted, but i agree with you that they are more expensive from Stansted.

Whats the picture of on your profile??

Offline Lynette

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 06:24:57 PM »
Smiffy,
When you go to Felsted stop at the Carpet Shop in the High Street at Gt Dunmow, I am the manager there.
The picture is of a place called 'Heaven' - only joking its a Bedouin Tent (thats what they call em but not really a tent as you and I no one) in the middle of the Desert in Dubai, we went there in January for my Special Birthday it was the only place I have ever been where the brochure pics are exactly the same as the place, its called the Al Maha Desert and Resort Spa and if you go on the web site you will see the same picture only minus a male lying on the sun bed with a cushion on his head don't like his picture being taken

Might think about Gatwick if I get a mate to take us

Lynette

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 06:46:23 PM »
I certainly will do the next time im up that way, be good to meet!

Are you booked for next year yet??

How lovely being in the Dubai desert, id love to go there too, so many places to go in this world!!

Offline burger

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 03:52:28 AM »
the site redirects you to british airways,they don't fly to corfu yet according to their destination guide,i tried and got kapodistras or summit like that when i inputted corfu,anyway flying from gatwick would either involve a flight from newcastle or an overnight stay for me,here's hoping queasy jet or ryanair will take up these routes sometime in the future,unless corfu escape can add newcastle to their routes,meanwhile it's either excel or tom cook for me :(

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 09:53:55 AM »
the site redirects you to british airways,they don't fly to corfu yet according to their destination guide,i tried and got kapodistras or summit like that when i inputted corfu,
Hello Burger,
I have checked the redirection and now I changed the link of 
GB airways website
It shows you now the official announcement for the new flights.!
OH!! Kapodistrias IS the official name of Corfu Airport so do not be confused if you see it anywhere listed.

Kalimera,

Dimitris

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 10:36:42 AM »
OH!! Kapodistrias IS the official name of Corfu Airport so do not be confused if you see it anywhere listed.

Interesting. That's the surname of the Greek family we know living in Corfu town. Or is it a common surname ?

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 11:16:05 PM »
I saw some flights for May 07 leaving from Newcastle before we went to Arillas a couple of weeks ago, for me Mick and Calum it came to £330.  I've now returned home and thought right book up and yes you guessed it flights have gone up by over £100.  Back to the drawing board, might have to wait for a last minute bargain.

Jill
Jill XXX

Booking.com