Author Topic: Re: CHEAP FLIGHTS TO CORFU  (Read 37377 times)

Offline jenna

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Me And Chris
Re: CHEAP FLIGHTS TO CORFU
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2007, 01:05:00 PM »
I'm planning on booking flights from Belfast to Corfu on xl.com and was just wondering if I used the 'Tesco' promotion code, do I have to show anything at the airport like a tesco receipt or something like that because I used the code. What I mean is that, is it part of a promotion whereby you need to do something or spend so much in store to qualify to use the promotional code.  Just don't want to arrive at the airport and not be allowed to fly because I shouldn't have used it.

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2007, 01:21:22 PM »
Hi Jenna,

I have used the Tesco code for many trips over to Corfu the last couple of years with no problem.  I've also used the code Telegraph, it was giving quite a good deal last year, but I'm not sure that this code is better than Tescos for this year. It's worthwhile giving it a try, but irrespective of which code used you will be able to board your flight. :-)

This year I have exchanged my Tesco 'points' for XL vouchers.  Every £2.50 in Tesco points can be exchanged for £10 XL vouchers, that gives me a whopping £250 off my flights.  Mind you that is 2 years worth of Tesco points!

Eileenx

Offline JustL@@KiN

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
    • Arillas Tourist Map UK
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2007, 02:47:05 PM »
I think the 'TESCO' Code is dead ie. Promotion code is oversubscribed

:(

Used it about a week ago, THAT WAS LUCKY ;)
Author Of Arillas Tourist Map UK - http://arillasmap.awardspace.co.uk/

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2007, 02:55:30 PM »
Compared to the last few years there is much reduced capacity to Corfu this summer, Tour Operator cost cutting I'm afraid. Unfortunately less flights means higher demand and inflated prices, I have had a quick look and this does seem to be the trend. The best prices at the moment are GB/BA flights from LGW that Dimitris (congratulations by the way) mentioned in his post, whether these are the standard or introductory fares I have no idea but for a direct scheduled they are pretty good.

Has anyone seen the news about My Travel this morning?

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2007, 03:15:05 PM »
Oh Jenna it looks like you will have to use the Telegraph code for a teeny weeny discount :-(

Well done Justlookin for getting in their at the last minute! :-)

Yes Joe I read on Teletext this morning about the Thomas Cook/My Travel merger.  Fingers crossed your job is safe as the news on tv is reporting that there could be redundancies...which of course  the newly merged company 'Thomas Cook Group' will vehemently deny. (for the moment anyway but just how are they going to make £75m savingss.)

Eileenx

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2007, 03:29:07 PM »
There is a lot of overlap between the companies, High Street shops for example. It is a worrying time for some but due to the nature of the business it was a necessary step. I work for the airline and my role has its own niche so its doubtful there will be any duplication here. on the plus side we will inherit all of Airtours properties, do they have any in Arillas?

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2007, 03:45:51 PM »
. I work for the airline and my role has its own niche so its doubtful there will be any duplication here. on the plus side we will inherit all of Airtours properties, do they have any in Arillas?

Thats good news Joe, I'm glad to hear that your job should be safe...just what would we do without all your 'inside' information!

I'm not 100% sure but are Airtours properties not mainly based on the East Coast?

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2007, 03:52:06 PM »
I have no idea but I'm sure they must have a presence, perhaps in Sidari, I'll have a look. By the way a this merger will also push prices of flights up, wow I'm full of good news today.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2007, 04:00:34 PM »
By the way a this merger will also push prices of flights up, wow I'm full of good news today.

Well theres a surprise!  Sorry Joe I don't mean to be facetious but I suppose it was to be expected! 

Right now Joe listen here..I think it's about time you gave us some good news...even although you've got to make it up! :-)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2007, 05:42:34 PM »
Airtours seem to have a big selection of properties in Roda & Gouvia

The good news is that I have no more bad news........yet!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2007, 06:07:54 PM »
Mmmm the 'yet' just seemed to spoil that sentence slightly haha :-D !!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2007, 10:07:30 PM »
Now thats strange.....the Tesco promo code is working again tonight.

Here is another code in case it's not working again...'mod'

Eileenx

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2007, 03:32:58 PM »
Well Im not getting much luck with finding flights for june they have gone up a bit, best I can get is £360 for 2 from birmingham, I should have booked them last year but wasnt sure if we could make june then, I am going to book something this week all promos codes etc welcome we will fly from either b'ingham,bristol or cardiff at a real push heathrow
Ang

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2007, 03:52:53 PM »
It's not looking good for cheap flights to Corfu this year, everybody has pulled flights or downsized aircraft as there were quite a few empty seats last year, shame! From what I can see £150 return is shaping up to a very good deal (compared to last years, £70), I can even see a lot of £200+ fares, there doesn't seem to be any lates at all in May, hanging on till the last minute may not work this year as demand is going to be constantly high, thanks goodness I can use the spare seat in the front, great legroom and a lovely view :-)

I know I have said this before but the BA charter from LGW is a good option (cheap, good legroom, free food & drink) and very reachable from most regional airports.

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2007, 08:16:27 PM »
Hello Joe
I'm used to paying about £220 return flight only, around June, so London/Gatwick looks a good alternative. How much of a bashing do you think Tour Operators would take, on Package Deals , if the likes of Easyjet get into the action? Would more people go for finding their own accomadation or prefer to have all their I's dotted and T's crossed.
Telli

Booking.com