Author Topic: First Visit  (Read 3628 times)

Offline AMH

First Visit
« on: October 16, 2006, 10:52:04 PM »
Just came back from Arillas on Friday.  It was our first visit and I can see why everyone loves it so much.  It is so pretty and unspoilt and watching the sun set from the Horizon whilst sipping a glass of wine was just magical (by the way if anyone knows their recipe for their mussels in Ouzo sauce would much appreciate it)!!  But the best thing by far was the people - everyone was so friendly from the locals to fellow holiday makers - but especially the people in the Coconut who were lovely and really welcoming.

My friend moved there this year to run a shop and I am so jealous now (although she is coming back at the end of the month to work here for the winter).  Am not sure if we will go back next year as we have our hearts set on visiting Sardinia but I will definitely be going back to Arillas at some point.

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: First Visit
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 11:02:34 PM »
Hi AMH and a big welcome to the forum :-)

It was lovely to hear that you enjoyed your first visit to Arillas, I've got to say I agree with everything you say!

I was drinking a glass of wine as I read your post and oh how I wished I was sitting at the Horizon instead!

Is your friend the girl who has the little gift shop next to Arillas car hire?  I spoke to her each time I was over this year.  The last time was a few weeks ago when she wasn't very well.  I hope she is feeling better now.

Saradinia, ahhh yet another place on my wish list. :-)

Offline AMH

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 11:09:12 PM »
Yes that is right - Michelle.  She is feeling much better now - thank you for asking - although I don't think she is looking forward to getting all her stock and shop packed up!

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 11:44:24 PM »
I can imagine that it seems no time at all for Michelle since she was full of excitement filling the shelves at the beginning of the season.

I bought quite a few of the greek products she sold, such as herbs, olive-oil, olive paste etc.  They made lovely authentic yet inexpensive presents to take home.

Eileen.

Offline AMH

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 09:42:17 PM »
I know Eileen - it seems like only the other day when we were having a goodbye drink and she was panicking in case she did not sell anything.  I will be sure to pass on your comments about the things you bought - she will be pleased to know that you were happy with them.

Booking.com