Author Topic: Boat Hire.  (Read 6706 times)

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Boat Hire.
« on: October 27, 2006, 03:30:04 PM »
Maybe this link has been on for a while and I've just not noticed it before!

I think it's a handy link, I've always wondered how much it cost to  hire a boat.

It's a great idea for an alternative day out don't you think?

http://www.arillas.com/page/content/view/31/116/

Eileenxx

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Re: Boat Hire.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 05:14:32 PM »
Yes i saw it a few weeks ago, printed it and took it home to show Brett, well that was it he got all excited and said he'd always wanted to drive a boat, so we're definitely hiring one next year, we're really looking forward to it!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Boat Hire.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 07:21:14 PM »
I love boat trips, but there is always something that happens when we go on one. I would love to rent one of these too but dont dare too, Mike wouldnt like it much I think as he is very wary of the sea anyway.  The last time I was on a boat trip was in Turkey last year with my daughter.  It set off, we were on the top deck getting sorted to sit on the sun beds, it was a bit wobbly and so was I, I fell on the sunbed, did a Mexican wave with my legs and almost back flipped over the side of the boat.  Everyone was hysterical and the chap opposite had an eyeful! 

The other time was our first visit to Greece, went to Zante and stayed around the bay from Lagana (Zante soho).  We took the taxi boat to turtle island which was great, no problems although a bit difficult getting off and on it from the front of the boat which wasnt very dignified.  Anyway, after 1.5 hours the lad came back for us but the problem was that the famous "Greek Wind" (pardon the expression) started up.  It kept pushing the boat along the bay and this little boy was trying to keep us on course; the waves were very strong and we got very wet.   I cant swim and our 13 year old was with us too.  Mike was worried because if we tipped up because of the strong currents he wouldnt be able to save all of us.  It was a bit of a worry as I know the winds in Greece can be a bit tricky and boy! was I glad to get off that boat and on dry land.  I dont mind boats if they are big ones or someone knows how to handle them properly.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com