Author Topic: What to pack?  (Read 6582 times)

Anonymous

What to pack?
« on: June 10, 2004, 02:26:18 PM »
Hi Everyone

Hoping for some advice from all the experts on Anna's studios!

Do I need to take my travel kettle? I usually do as normally there are only pans.

What about towels, do you get a plentiful supply?

Last but certainly not least, I've heard a few stories about problems with mossie, how bad are they in Arillas?

Thanks Elaine

Anonymous

What to pack?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 03:50:08 PM »
Hi Elaine,
Anna has brand new kettles and toasters so no need to bring your own.
Towels are changed at least once a week and each person is given a bath towel and a hand towel- and a towel mat for the famous greek showers/ bathroom!
I have just returned from a 2 week break from Anna's and it was wonderful. I am even going back in September!
You will have a lovely time if /when you go..
Wendy

Anonymous

What to pack?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 05:27:47 PM »
We went for 2 weeks last year the first week we didnt see 1 mozzie the second week i got bit to death so did my husband but the kids were fine.They musnt have tastie blood.

Anonymous

What to pack?
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 05:43:45 PM »
Hi elaine, :D
on the mozzie front if you just buy some fly spray and spray it in your room before you go out and leave the room shut up while you are out you will have no problems with mozzies, i suggest you do this when you go out at night and when you come back there wont be a problem because we all know that they like to eat us when were asleep!! :evil:

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
What to pack?
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 05:45:30 PM »
well the mossies enjoyed eating my hubby lol.
he actually only got 1 but it was very bad.
i usually get bit but i took anthistimines for the 2 weeks.
didnt get bit once.
well i dont think i did.
i always spray Autan on at night and use the plugins for room
suex

Anonymous

What to pack?
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 06:10:26 PM »
Thanks for your replies everyone!

I can't believe we'll have a kettle & toaster, never had one before in all my years travelling to Greece, what a luxury!

Just thought of something else though just how steep is the hill? Are there any bars to break the journey back from the beach?

Elaine

Anonymous

What to pack?
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 07:12:47 PM »
the hill isnt too bad.
im overweight  :oops: and i got use to it lol.
im going back next year it will
be my 3rd time so it carnt be that bad lol :)
suex

Anonymous

What to pack?
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 09:01:01 PM »
YES  :D most of the bars are at the bottom of the hill just as you walk up the main street from the beach, or you could wait until you get back to annas and has a drink at her bar!! :wink:

Anonymous

What to pack?
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 09:03:04 PM »
the hill isnt that bad at night time but it can make you slightly tired during the day, well im speak for the heat in july and august so when are you going? i have never beeen in june but i think that the hill is harder work in july!!!

Anonymous

What to pack?
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 09:21:08 PM »
Thanks again everyone.

We are flying on Monday, just trying to make sure I've got everything!

Elaine

Offline Mo-Jo

what to pack
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2004, 01:25:21 PM »
We where in Arillas middle of May and I was the most affected by the mosquitoes :( , but the wonder potion to have is Bens 100 Safari Strength Insect Repellent :D, but apart from that you will have a smashing time :lol: ENJOY :!:
Down the hatch......

........Ashley and Leighxxx

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
What to pack?
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2004, 11:51:08 PM »
Hi Elaine,
you might read this before you go, we have been back a week and my wife & girls were at Annas and we never got bittern at Annas and we always use the plug ins put them on just before you go out, and some spray on your ankles, unfortunatley we found the only place we got a couple of bites was the back of the Coconut Bar but we were alright sitting out front.
The hill up to Annas isn't that bad its just the last s bend is alittle steep, but when you know there is a large ouzo waiting at Annas its nothing?
Enjoy your holidays and give our luv to Anna & Family.
p.s. don't forget to put your photo down at Dimitris's !!!!!!!

regards    Paul/Deb5

Booking.com