Author Topic: The Night Owl  (Read 12672 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
The Night Owl
« on: November 29, 2006, 06:53:25 PM »
Gaye
I'll leave the start of this new topic to you.
Where is it? What's it like etc. I'm sure I'm not the only one interested.
Cheers
Negg

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: The Night Owl
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 09:16:42 PM »
I've not heard of it either Gaye.  I'd love to hear more...please enlighten us. :-)

Eileen.x

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 11:10:16 AM »
Yes id like to know too!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 11:11:57 AM »
This is news to me to, I'm intrigued..........

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 12:07:28 PM »
I have heard of it.  When we were staying at the Galini this summer, a couple hired a car and when to St George and Afionis and came across it.  Now I might be wrong but I think its along the road where we didnt make it to the top when we were walking that way, but we were assured we could have got a drink there.  Someone might be able to correct me but its on the side of the "circle" where the Bardis Sun is.  There is a road towards St George, not the heritage road, the other smaller one before, (the road runs parallel to the cliffs)  if you go on there right to the top it is there amongst the trees I think.  When you are over there in a couple of weeks Joe, perhaps you could do a rekky for us all. It will probably be closed tho wont it?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 12:20:27 PM »
That rings a bell now, must remember to pack a compass just in case but I'm not wandering near any dangerous paths, my shoulder has only just healed. I'll text the mother and see if she has heard of it, she seems to get around quite a lot.
J

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 12:30:30 PM »

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 12:33:07 PM »
Now ive seen that picture it does ring a bell, we went walking round that way and i remember seeing that restaurant, we shall have to give it a go in May if its that good!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 12:44:37 PM »
My Mum just text back and confirmed Eileen's post but she has never been, I'll have a look later next month. On a totally random note it appears she has also taken up an aerobics class in Sidari and is the only English member, she never fails to suprise me!

Now I have seen the picture I now exactly where it is, been past many times on the scooter, looked very traditional and I'm sure it had a sign outside proudly stating that.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 12:50:31 PM »
Went there in October - it was lovely.  The lady who runs it with her Greek husband is American, I think!  We took a walk round the cemetery which, I know will sound odd, was really lovely! So peacefull.  Tiz quite a hike up the hill - it's all zigzaggy - everytime you turn one corner you think must be nearly there now!  You need a drink when you get there! Well worth the effort tho!
Cheryl O

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 01:25:14 PM »
We went there this year, and it was lovely. Very peaceful, and chilled out. The lady there is American, and will give you a lovely welcome.There is no rushing about up there. So whether you go for a long or short visit, you will enjoy this little oasis. Lindypops.
Lindypops.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 02:40:07 PM »
Sounds Pretty Good to me.-One for the notebook next year.-The walk up the hill would do me good as well!
Negg

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 02:51:53 PM »
Thats what i thought, im going to have to write down all the places i havent been that i want to go to next May, looks like alot so far!!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 04:41:05 PM »
Was I correct in the road I was thinking of then, or is the heritage road to Afionis (or do both lead to Afionis).  We didnt hire a car so didnt venture out much apart from walking and we couldnt walk all that far as Mikes leg was playing him up.  The road we went on was pretty zig zaggy and very steep.  I would like to get a car or even a bike and venture out a bit more.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 05:12:57 PM »
Yes, I'm sure you're thinking of the right place, it is almost at the top of a steep dogleg bend which takes you down into Afionas, its very close if not on the Heritage walk but still being in my twenties (just) I'm still very lazy and try to avoid long walks. :-)

Booking.com