Author Topic: wish i was there  (Read 11151 times)

Offline sinbads little girl

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
wish i was there
« on: December 02, 2006, 06:17:20 PM »
as i logged on today all i could think about was the fun times i have had in arillas. no matta wot the weather id rather be there than here i mean the people are nicer you dont get pushed around its just nice an carm. i was just thinking about what it would be like to spend x-mas day there(i wish) well best go. love Lil miss (Hannah)

Offline Diane x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: wish i was there
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 01:17:16 PM »
Wish I was there too Hannah, how about we cancle Christmas and fly out to Arillas ?

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 11:32:27 AM »
Just remember you'll need a lot of patience to get there, its taking me three flights and 10 hours to reach Corfu on Christmas Eve and thats if it all goes to plan, but I am looking forward to it!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 11:41:17 AM »
Blimey Joe, thats a long time to get there isnt it!!!

But worth it to spend Christmas in Arillas with your mum.  I hope it all goes to plan for you!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 01:34:07 PM »
It is possible to do it in less time but the flights are nasty, this way I have decent flights with good transfer times, well in theory anyway.

Offline gaye

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 10:01:06 PM »
good luck joe but enjoy!!
gaygo

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 11:19:24 PM »
Joe, email me please.
Lindypops.

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 12:17:02 AM »
"Wish I was there too Hannah, how about we cancel Christmas and fly out to Arillas ?"
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
hahaha mum thats funny i wish we could click are fingers and be there without all the waitng about. GOOD LUCK JOE hope it goes to plan what every you do.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 12:34:52 PM »
Thanks I really am looking forward to it, I've only been to Arillas once in winter and I love the peace and quite, its so welcome after how hectic everything is here. Another 90 minute drive this morning from Bolton to Manchester (20 miles) makes me appreciate it even more!

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 01:14:04 PM »
What flights are you having to do to get there for xmas Joe ?

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 01:51:31 PM »
During Winter Athens is the only gateway into Corfu so you need to fly there first. Being based at Manchester the only direct flight from MAN to ATH is with Olympic 3 times a week, its a horrible flight, goes at nearly midnight and arrives at 430 in the morning when the transfer is at 500 so you always miss it and end up spending half a day in Athens airport, its nice but not that nice.

To try and avoid this I let the computers here churn out some routes, the best being Manchester to Zurich then Zurich to Athens with Swiss Airlines and then Athens to Corfu with Aegean. While not necessarily the quickest route, the flight times are good, I should be in Corfu at 1900 leaving Manchester late morning and the transfers are all guaranteed and of a reasonable time (1-2 Hours), with my airlines concessions it was also very good value and not much more than £200 at full price, I did book early though.

Obviously with three flights you takes risks with delays, that’s why the computers decided for me to transfer at Zurich instead of Amsterdam as the airport is smaller and travelling in December may be quite funky with the weather but its all character building and I'm in no rush. It’s all a little easier if you live dowe south as BA operate London - Athens quite regularly and Easyjet also do the route but it can be very expensive.

The most fun way if you have the time is Ryanair from Liverpool to Venice and then the Ferry from Venice to Corfu, its very relaxing and highly recommended if you have the time, it takes over a day.

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 02:15:45 PM »
OOh I'd love to do Venice then over to Corfu. Maybe we'll think about doing that for our honeymoon :D

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 05:26:38 PM »
well my next holiday is to Amsterdam with college on Monday just wish it was arillas ill try picture the beach and the rainbow bar and have fun but its not arillas hope everyone has a nice Xmas luv Hannah

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 06:41:31 PM »
Where in Manchester are you Joe we are in Stockport
gaygo

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 11:23:47 AM »
That sounds so complicated..... I dont mind DIY but its the connecting flights that worry me.  I like the little airports.  We live 5 mins from Gatwick so are used to that but going somewhere smaller is great fun.  We flew to Germany this March with Ryannair from Stansted and landed in Dusseldorf Wiesal (I think?), anyway it was really small, we had a bit of a bumpy ride too as it was so windy and very cold but we whizzed through customs and passport control and was out in 10 mins. and the airport seemed dead, no one around!

We are always looking for flights to Crete as my friend  lives near Chania.  The cheapest flight we had was £179 but have seen it for much less on days we couldnt go,  direct from Gatwick.  Sometimes though she has to get a flight from Chania to Athens and Gatwick or Heathrow.  Her son has caught the ferry from Athens to Souda Bay and that takes 8 hours.  There doesnt seem to be a cheap way of reaching these Greek Islands out of season does there?  I dont think I would mind travelling if I didnt have a time scale to fit into, just a backpack and all the time in the world, it doesnt matter then does it?  Oh, and having the cash to do it as well helps.

Not long now Joe, have a brilliant time!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com