Author Topic: Arillas Christmas Day Videos  (Read 17412 times)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Christmas Day Videos
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2007, 05:21:12 PM »
Go on Eileen, i dare ya!!!

Im sure youll be fine, set aside half hour or so to concentrate on it.

Im looking forward to seeing these videos!

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2007, 06:43:57 PM »
Go on Eileen, i dare ya!!!

Im sure youll be fine, set aside half hour or so to concentrate on it.

Im looking forward to seeing these videos!

"...half an hour....."  you have a wicked sense of  humour Smiffy! :-)

A couple of weeks after I was given the camera my daughter, grandson and I went to Arillas.  At the end of our stay a taxi was picking us up to take as back to the airport at 10.30pm so we decided to take a circular stroll around Arillas, me thinking that I would be able to make a lovely little film show for the family back home.  Huh, the sun was going down...I had the camera on the wrong settings...and even worse each time I thought that I had paused recording the camera was actually running...the result was 30mins film of either near darkness or my feet clip clopping along as I walked with the camera on 'pause'. :-(

My efforts have slightly improved since then!

Eileenxx

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2007, 12:33:06 PM »
Ha ha ha!  that made me laugh... we have had the same experiences with camcorders.  when my dad first had his camcorder he took it to a wedding and most of the time he forgot to turn it off when he was walking along so most of the filming (before it ran out) was taken of his "crotch".  We dont film much now, we are hopeless... the first time we actually used one in Greece we had about 8 hrs of filming (Mike filmed everything dead and living, flowers etc. the lot!)  and as we didnt know how to edit it thats how much was put on the videos... needless to say it takes a brave person to sit through that lot!

I am sure once you have mastered it you will really enjoy using it, but it does take some thinking to sort it out.  Be brave, have a go!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2007, 12:53:55 PM »
LOL...it sounds like your dad and I won't make it into the Filmmakers Guild!

Your story of Mike filming everything reminds me of Keith!  Years ago when we had a video camera Keith insisted on panning around on scenes for ages.  For instance if he was filming a view of a bay he would pan right around it, then just for good measure all the way back again!   Yawn, yawn how boring, I don't know if we have actually watched an old tape all the way through without fast forwarding it!

LOL in fact it's all coming back to me as I type!  I remember now that in the background of some movies you can sometimes hear me nagging at him to stop the camera and him tellling me to mind my own business!!! Nuff said, I'm sure you can imagine the rest!!

Eileenxx

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2007, 12:58:24 PM »
Haha it made me smile reading those, why is it when people video stuff they have to record everything, i hold my hands up ive done it myself, and as you say you watch it and fast forward most of it because you just record so much of something that is just boring!!

Booking.com