Author Topic: Afionas/Dionysys???  (Read 17422 times)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Afionas/Dionysys???
« on: January 17, 2007, 04:44:28 PM »
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get to Afionas by taxi and is the Dionysys restaurant easy to find??

I saw a picture of the view you get on the terrace and id really like to go there, any info at all would be really appreciated, thanx!

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Afionas/Dionysys???
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 05:09:58 PM »
dont know by taxi,it depends on where you are coming from,if its the uk then it might take days,lol if its Arillas about 10 minutes tops.You can walk it in about one hour from Arillas,you go as far as you can go in Afionis(a little square by the church)as you walk into the square the church is to your left,but slightly to the right is a little shop head towards the shop not the church and there is a path just to the left hand side of the shop this takes you to Dionysys about a 2 minute walk,its also the start of the path down to cape Arillas or Porto Timo as its also known(spelling maybe wrong).You can have a nice breakfast on the patio and have FRESHLY squeezed Orange juice while looking out over St Georges Bay
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 05:14:35 PM »
Thanx Harold, thats a great help!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 08:48:29 PM »
Certainly worth going, the view is fantastic. As for that freshly squeezed OJ wow, and taste even better if you've walked it. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 12:42:47 AM »
I am definately going to try and walk it this year if it kills me... I so wanted to do it last year but couldnt make it as Mikes leg was giving him some problems, might do the walk with Lynda who is coming with us.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 12:47:56 PM »
Hi Smiffy,

Not sure if you have seen this link for the restaurant, http://www.agiosgeorgios.co.uk/dionysos.htm

Dionysos is one of my favourite places to visit along with the Sunset Beach at Peroulades, I love sitting on the terrace drinking Mythos (or Amstel) and tucking into a freshly made Slouvaki or Gyros. To be honest I would never have known it was there unless my Mum had shown me, it really is a little off the beaten track, you practically have to walk through people's backyards to get to it and there is very little in the way of signage, totally worth it though as long as you don't mind heights.

I usually get there by scooter, takes about 10 minutes from Arillas and you can drive right up to the restaurant. It is possible to drive all the way there in a car to but it does get very narrow.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 01:41:54 PM »
I have just remembered something,if you look towards Cape Arillas from the taverna you will see a wind sock.This was because a group of Germans throw themselves off the cliffs.Now you are problerly wondering WHY.    They paraglide or so i have been told.have never seen them doing it though.
Harold,

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 02:07:16 PM »
Thanx Joe, the first link is what i saw that made me want to go this year.  Will definitely be making a trip there.

Where is the 2nd place??

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 02:17:05 PM »
Its just past Sidari on the way towards San Stef, it's a very popular and beautiful spot either at day or night, its probably the only place on the island where the sunsets are better than Arillas. It's a bit of a trek if you walk it.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 02:47:07 PM »
Oh we shall have to go there one evening also then, looks amazing!!  We can book a taxi to take us cant we??

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »
Just spotted Joes link.I have had a look and its a very good site,interetsing info+ some good photos
Harold,

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 03:05:29 PM »
It's chilled in the day and very romantic in the evening, I always go at least once when I'm in Corfu. There is a beach to, down some pretty steep steps but its worth it and the waves are fantastic, if you get the chance you must go. Even though the website is a few years old that is still exactly what it looks like.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 03:56:24 PM »
Remember and take a jacket/jumper or whatever Smiffy.  As you know some evenings can be quite cool in May especially along at Panorama, but it is well worth a visit.

On one of our daytime visits last May we walked down to the beach and sat for a short while.  We heard a bit of a commotion going on, we glanced along just in time to see rocks falling down from the cliff landing around where a large family group were sitting.  Luckily no one was hurt but they were very upset,...it's no wonder too the boulders were quite big :-o

NO WAY would I sit on that beach!

Eileenxx

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 04:06:52 PM »
It adds to the excitement :-)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 05:48:57 PM »
Ooh i dunno if id find that exciting, id probably be too concussed to know haha!!

Booking.com