Author Topic: Baggage Warning  (Read 20465 times)

Anonymous

Baggage Warning
« on: June 18, 2004, 12:00:34 AM »
HI TO ALL
Anyone flying out of Birmingham they are checking the weights of luggage 20kilos for suitcase & 5 kilos hand luggage or 25 total with no le-way and charging 4 pounds per kilo!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone else had the same from other airports in the u.k. ??

coming back from Corfu   no problem!

Paul/Deb5

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Baggage Warning
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 12:09:14 AM »
That was me, my log in was out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also it happened on 3 seperate flights & airlines!

Anonymous

Baggage Warning
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 08:15:10 AM »
its the same at manchester as well paul.
suex

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
Baggage Warning
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 07:40:47 PM »
Hi

it must be the same every where, Newcastls is the same.  they were even weighing peoples hand luggage.

Like paul we had no problems on the way back but there again I mae the girls wear all their heavy clothes for travelling just incase.  :lol:

Jill
Jill XXX

Maggie1

Baggage Warning
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 11:05:16 PM »
I've been told that if you have one bag between two people, that if it weighs more than 34kilos they won't take it! I'm gonna go pack now cos we go on Monday, so I better be careful how much I take. I can't wait to see everyone in Arillas again, catch up with alll the gossip, and possibly meet some new friends. Who knows! I hope you get some nice weather if your staying here these next 2 weeks. lol. I'll be all jealous though, when I come back and read about others going away later.Bye for now, Maggie.

Offline killie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • Cramond Angling Club
Baggage Warning
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 03:29:59 AM »
Same thing last month at Glasgow, cost us a extra 25 quid  :(

Anonymous

Baggage Warning
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 08:48:09 PM »
I have just arrived home this afternoon. The best two week holiday ever!

Believe me - it is so hot in Arilas this week, the last thing you need is lots of clothes. So take at least half of them out of your suitcase now and that extra pair of shoes.
Travel light.  
No! You don't need that travel iron either!

Anonymous

Baggage Warning
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 09:29:47 PM »
we took a travel iron last year and it was an orniment 4 the fortnight.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Baggage Warning
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2004, 11:04:17 PM »
Thanks for that Guest  :) great news about the weather as I'm off on monday. :D

I'm definately going to travel light, each year I say that and end up bringing back half my clobber crushed, but unworn......so you've really inspired me to keep to my word! :)

Eileen.

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Baggage Warning
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2004, 11:59:23 PM »
Hi Eileen,
You lucky thing !! I have been watching the weather and its been around 30 every day last week,I hope it stays the same for you? and if it carrys on , I think I might take a trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially if Greece reach the final? I expect you will be there for that ???
have a nice one.

Paul/Deb5

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Baggage Warning
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2004, 07:15:16 AM »
Paul/ debs,

I think I might take a trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially if Greece reach the final?

Well some people.....any excuse to go over :wink:  :wink:  :wink: .....I'm just as bad, I'm going over to babysit :roll:  :roll:  :roll:!!!!!!!

Hopefully the weather is settled now, it was a bit of a mixed bag when we were last over.

Bye for now and I'll look out for you if Greece get to the final. :!:

Eileen

Anonymous

Baggage Warning
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2004, 07:38:43 PM »
Did i read that right,1 large suitcase between 2 people,not to weigh anymore that 34 kilos. :!:  :!: even though your allowed 20 kilos each. :?:  :?:

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Baggage Warning
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2004, 05:25:45 PM »
Hi Guest
I'm afraid thats right, but then you have to think of the people loading the aircraft !!! 34 kilos is quite heavy to lift into position in the hold, I use to work at Heathrow and know what it is like.
I think your better of with large light weight holders? the case weighs alot lighter and you can put more duty free in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
             Paul/Deb5

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
Baggage Warning
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2004, 08:13:03 PM »
Hi Paul and Debs,That was me, :!:  :!:  i,ve just bought us a new suit case,(a big one) but this year im definately going to watch what i pack. :!:  :!:  Last year there was a few things that we didnt wear and we also took our iron (not a travel one) and we didnt even use it.I'll have to jump on the scales with the case to check i havnt gone over my limit. :? Glad of this forum because i would of thought it was 40 kilos :oops: Are you still poping over if Greece win tonight :?:  :?: Thanks again cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Baggage Warning
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2004, 12:33:44 AM »
Hi Carol,
It looks like I will have to look on website now !!!! my big mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But it will be difficult as the match is on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!At Least if I can't get there I will be at home with my Bottle of OUZO!!!!!!!!
Look at the other replys on Forum !!!!!!!!!! speak soon ?

Regards
         Paul/Deb5

Booking.com