Author Topic: Alexandros Apartments Please can you tell me  (Read 17303 times)

Imc

Electricity
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2004, 01:44:02 AM »
Hi There

Can anyone of use tell me how the electricity runs as in how do you pay for it, as i am taking a digital camera and camcorder with me so i will need to charge batteries, so hence the reason i am asking how you pay for electricity, is it a meter or is there some other way to pay for it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks very much

bye for now

ian

Offline Samantha

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Samantha (19)
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2004, 02:39:09 AM »
There are sockets in most apartments Ian.If you are looking for things to do, pop along to Arillas travel oppossit Coconut bar as they run a lot of cheap day trips or night shopping in Corfu town if you prefer. I wouldnt worry to much about your stay. If  you need anything you can often find it out there. Gurantee you will have lovely time.
Samantha McCoo  :-)

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Alexandros Apartments Please can you tell me
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2004, 02:09:18 PM »
Hi Ian,
THere is Electric in all Appts. as Samantha says but you will need a converter plug/ 2 pin in Arillas, which is best to take one with you, which you can get in most shops. And there are no meters you just use it, I've charged my digital up with no problems.

Regards   Paul/Deb5

im

Thanks very much
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2004, 08:33:56 PM »
Hi there everyone who left a message

Me and Jackie would just like to say a big thank you too you all, and can't wait until we go on the 30th august to the 13th septemeber.

Bye for now

And thanks again for all the information that has been provided on the forum.

:)  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Alexandros Apartments
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2004, 01:57:04 PM »
Just a quick update on these apartments.sally and i have just returned from staying here and we stayed in apartment no3.This apartment is very small (one of you at a time walking around in the bedroom).The toilet would not flush the waste away.(this was put right)with no window in the bathroom the walls had black mold on them.The fridge did not work when we got there,there is a hole in the bottom of the fridge door.We complained to the rep who got the toilet and the fridge sorted out.The owners are very nice people who asked us everyday if things were ok and were really friendly people.It was just a shame that we had these problems,but we made the most of it and had a great holiday
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline imcculli

Re: Samantha (19)
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2004, 11:26:59 PM »
Quote from: Samantha
There are sockets in most apartments Ian.If you are looking for things to do, pop along to Arillas travel oppossit Coconut bar as they run a lot of cheap day trips or night shopping in Corfu town if you prefer. I wouldnt worry to much about your stay. If  you need anything you can often find it out there. Gurantee you will have lovely time.

YES SAMANTHA YOU WERE VERY RIGHT ME AND JACKIE HAD A BALL THANKS

Offline imcculli

imcculli
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2004, 11:35:52 PM »
Hi Everyone

I have the answer i was looking for about these apartments , they are very nice. very friendly people who are always there too help, and the apartments are very basic but adequate i think. but the only thing we noticed that we needed was pegs to hang the washing outside that is if you intend on washing your clothes or just wear different clothes everyday and then wash your clothes when you return from your holiday, and we had travel wash too and used the sink and then hanged the washing on the line it doesnt take long to dry either, and i would recommend highly palokestrika when you get time. go to arillas travel across from the coconut bar. And i would stay away from the sand as i came out in a rash i think it was the sand but not sure but if you have any skin problems just be careful.

bye for now

Ian

We Had a fantastic time in Arillas

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2004, 12:23:56 AM »
Hi Ian
Glad you enjoyed your holiday and stay at Alexandros , which i take it you probably booked through Libra I
I bet you'll be back? if you do you might try Annas appts.next time as they are Libra and have a pool and a bar with food, who is also Arillas rent a car, you then can get all your requirements in one basket ? which is what we did after our stay at Alexandros which was our first stay 4 years ago. now we are there twice ayear.
speak soon .

Paul/Deb5

Offline aftermidnight

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2005, 04:18:44 PM »
Hi IM
       Did you ever find out about the Alexandros Appts. :?: We stayed there last May and found them spot on no complaints at all.Rooms cleaned ever day the place was spotless.Its about a 5-10 min walk to the beech & a 5 min walk the opposite way to the minimarket/bakery.You will enjoy your jollies. :D

Offline imcculli

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2005, 10:40:20 PM »
Quote from: Paul/Deb5
Hi Ian
Glad you enjoyed your holiday and stay at Alexandros , which i take it you probably booked through Libra I
I bet you'll be back? if you do you might try Annas appts.next time as they are Libra and have a pool and a bar with food, who is also Arillas rent a car, you then can get all your requirements in one basket ? which is what we did after our stay at Alexandros which was our first stay 4 years ago. now we are there twice ayear.
speak soon .

thanks for that paul i will rememmber that , but i think the roads are a little dangerous as there is no pavement and every is very fast in greece i think what do you think

Paul/Deb5

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2005, 12:48:09 PM »
Hi Ian
  Not really to your question, in actual fact we found walking down from Alexandros was more dodgey as some tend to race down the straight road, as where Anna's is situated, its on some bends where you have to drive slow,and you can walk down 75yds and turn right down a back road to the beach in complete safety.
We are off on Sunday for the rest of the month ,will speak when back!!!!

Paul/Deb5

Offline Mr & Mrs Cafes

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Apartments
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2005, 09:28:36 PM »
I was speaking to someone who came back from Arillas yesterday.  Their son and girlfriend stayed at the Alexandros Apartments.  They are on the road out of Arillas toward the village bakery (yum!).  They ae next door to a lovely pool bar and the facilities are available to you and the apartments themselves are beautiful.  They stand away from the roadside down a private driveway and the gardens are absolutely beautiful.  They are very clean and the owners themselves live on the premises.  He said he could not fault them, walking distance to all the amenities and he is so impressed that he is booking in himself for next year.  So, it sounds like you have no worries.  With regard to eating places there are loads to choose from and you will find your own favourites.  Brouklis is great, especially on a Sunday (Spit Roast Lamb) and the Marina, Thalassa, Kostas are our favourites.  There are loads of others to choose from too.  The Portofino, Arillas Inn, Sea Breeze, Gratzela (can't spell it!) Horizon are all good and if part way through the holiday you fancy a chinese for a change then that's good too.  You will have a fantastic time.  If you want to know anything more then please write.  As you can tell I love writing about Arillas! x

Booking.com