Author Topic: Thetis Pallas Hotel  (Read 26086 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Thetis Pallas Hotel
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
It's good to see nice things said about the "Thetis" - We've known Olga & Spiro for many years and for, I think, the last 5 years have stayed at their "Eleni/Stella Paradise Appartments". ( Nearly opposite the Galini)
It's a poor relation to the Thetis and I mean no disrespect there. The "Eleni", like many places have seen better days but it's got a pool, regular cleaning service, hot water and, providing you don't want a roast dinner, basic cooking facilities. We generally pay e23 per night for both of us. A fair price I think.
We've had the pool nearly to ourselves every time we've stayed there. Most of her clients are Older Germans who like to go off sightseeing during the day.
Why do I tell you all this. Well, I suppose it's a good recommadation for the "Thetis" in a way as the rooms are much more inviting for someone who wants a more special break and with the same service as the "Eleni" there should be no worries at all.
So Thetis for something special maybe and "Eleni" for people like us who just need a quiet base.
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 03:33:40 PM »
Hi, The thetis pallis with travelsmith including flight from Manchester works out at £718 .
Havent heard from Olga but have been told that independently it is 70euros per night
then you have your flight, taxi and so forth to add on.
Had to tell Michael and Zreena because of the passport situation, anyway it seems
they would rather stay somewhere a bit smaller and cheeper and for us to give
them some pocket money as well.
So have booked them in at Alexandros, dont think they will be botherd about
having a smaller room. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 03:58:33 PM »

Had to tell Michael and Zreena because of the passport situation, anyway it seems
they would rather stay somewhere a bit smaller and cheeper and for us to give
them some pocket money as well.

It sounds like a good all round deal to me Viv...very wise of them! :-)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 05:12:01 PM »
Theyll have a fab time wherever they stay Viv, it is Arillas after all!!!

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 01:06:53 PM »
Like you Viv i emailed Olga but have not heard back from her.Cannot make a september holiday now anyway unless i leave Sally at home as both the dog and cat are now on medication for the rest of their lives and cannot get them into the kennels.Libra do not do single rooms so would have to look at flight only and then get seperate accommadation,then the same for sally either before me or after me(before i hear what about Sally).
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 02:10:38 PM »
Hi Harold,

It would be such a shame if you and Sally could not make  your September trip.  Have you considered putting the dog into a carers home instead of kennels?  Perhaps there are not any in your area but it is worthwhile investigating, remembering to check that they have the required insurance.

Kyra goes into a carers home when we are away, we much prefer this to kennels and it is a little home from home holiday for Kyra too! 

A couple of weeks ago there was an old dog who was on medication boarding there at the same time as Kyra.  The carer told me that the owners visited a few times to make sure he was suitable to look after their 18 year old baby!

I hope you manage to sort something out one way or another.

Eileenxx

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 02:45:43 PM »
Hi Eileen,
Baron goes into a women in the village she just take one at a time and he stays in the house with her,she takes him on the same walks that i take him.She is taking Sybal as well this year(May),I suppose she is more a carer than kennels it's just me still using that term
Harold,

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 04:38:25 PM »
Harold
I found out, only the other day, that her E-Mails have changed. Haven't got a lot of time now but I'll get a contact number for you tonight and let you know. - If it's not too late for you.
Neill

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 08:53:58 PM »
Thanks Eggy,not to late
Harold,

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 01:08:47 PM »
Harold - I'm on the case today
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2007, 01:32:37 PM »
Harold
Just sent you a P.M.
Info for anyone else.
"Thetis" fax number is now 00302663052192.
Negg

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2007, 11:29:14 AM »
Hi Eggy have you got Olgas new e-mail address at Arillas Travel by any chance? as I have not had a reply from the one I used last year and I wanted to check out some dates and prices.
Cheers
Ang

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »
Ang
I think Olga is now concentrating on upgrading the "Eleni/Stella" apartments. Her husband, Spiros, is looking after the "Thetis" for the time being. I'm told their offices are being re-vamped so E-Mails are a problem at the moment.
If you've met Spiros you'll know his English is good so you could phone him on 00302663051280.
He does assure me though that he will answer any faxes sent.
Regards
Negg

Offline lynwill53

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 12:05:28 PM »
Giving this thread a kick to say how good I thought the Thetis Palace was. Lovely studios with a nice pool and gardens in a quiet location less than 10 mins walk from village centre and fabulous beach. Perfect. Couldn't find anything to fault, really.

The studios are exceptionally large, with a big balcony overlooking the pool, and views to the sea. Well equipped and furnished (electric kettle, sofa/sofa bed, lovely thick firm mattresses) Nice big bathroom, with bath (some people might like a plug for that Spiro!) and a powerful shower, no hot water shortages day or night. Big bonus for me was the mosquito netting on bathroom window and patio doors, and an unusual feature is a lift (very handy with heavy luggage up 3 storeys) There is a very nice bar by the pool with a good selection of food available. Lots of very comfy chairs to relax in. All very clean and tidy, a very pleasant place to be.

Spiros and Vasso (for full story on that, just mention where you are staying to Olga in Olga's Travel - nudge, wink!!) are both very friendly and helpful without being intrusive. I would recommend the Thetis Palace to anyone, a lovely place to stay.

To keep things fair, I would also recommend Olga's Travel over Spiros's Arillas Travel which they obviously encourage you to use. Olga's is nicer, some trips are a bit cheaper (horse-riding is one) and the gossip is definitely better!!

Booking.com