Author Topic: A Little Accomodation Help  (Read 4592 times)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
A Little Accomodation Help
« on: April 02, 2007, 01:39:56 PM »
Working for the omniscient Thomas Cook as I do this may seem like a strange question but in Arillas we don't cater for this particular market so I need a little help and save me trawling around the internet I though I would use this fantastic free resource.

I turn 30 in April and two of my best friends also turn 30 in July, I have been told I have to celebrate this occasion so I need to find some accommodation in Arillas that will sleep up to 4 lads, nothing to extravagant as one of us has a very limited budget, also for the most part we are all pretty grown up now so we won't be planning any wild orgies or whatever (always open to offers mind ), we just thought it would be good to get away together and with my Mum living close by an even better way to celebrate.

As I said there is nothing in our brochures that suits and our villa's are all in Acharavi so any feedback would be a great help, I should be able to sort the flights out cheap through work so its just accommodation I need help with.

Thanks in advance
Joe

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
Re: A Little Accomodation Help
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 02:20:47 PM »
hi joe, my lads stayed at the makris there was 3 of them and they said there were family rooms there so cater for more. the kaloudous has rooms which cater for 4 or more people, alex

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 02:24:16 PM »
Hi Joe,

I've emailed you a list.

Eileen.x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 08:42:59 PM »
hi Joe
I've sent you a P.M. with my thoughts.
Negg

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 11:37:20 AM »
Thanks, thanks and thanks, a lost of good suggestions, Irene's, Thomas Bungalows and Stella's all seem like a good choice and very reasonable prices, which do you think would be best for the four of us?

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 12:44:53 PM »
Joe,

Standard and location of accommodation is such a personal  choice that I am always reluctant to pinpoint a specific accommodation for others.
On many holidays I've received a phone call from family members telling me that they have booked flights for the following week and could I find them somewhere to stay.  During all my enquiries I have always found that the apartment owners are more than willing to show me the property first before I reserve it. 
Perhaps your mum could visit each property on your shortlist and check them out for you?

Eileen.

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 08:46:44 PM »
Hello Joe
The Paradise Appartments are good value for basic acommadation. It has a pool and bar and, as  long as all you need is a good bed /hot water and simple cooking facilities then you will need to go far to beat it on price.
A good place to crash out. Last September I stayed there and it was so quiet that Olga didn't open the bar.
She didn't mind if we took our own drinks around the pool. - Saved a few Euros there. - Nice lady
Telli

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 06:52:09 PM »
Cool, I shall have a look, thank for the advice.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 10:49:03 PM »
Hi Joe

I seem to remember EEg quoting some ridiculously cheap prices for the Paradiso.  We once went when our eldest was a baby for the day and found the pool area to be lovely and clean.  Also, as it is frequented by the German's who tend to expect very high standards, I feel that this should say a lot about the standard of apts.  Not very PC I'm afraid!

The Akti Arilla on the 'main drag'had siome cheap prices I seem to remember and i really dont think you could beat the location! Also, out of interest, one year we stayed at the 'Charisis' apts which I think were run by Manos.  I think these were very near your mum's house, near to the Christos.  Do you know if these are still available?  They were very basic but gorgeous.

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 11:36:50 AM »
Hi Joe the rooms at Thetis are big enough to manage 4 lads,its just one big room 2 beds a bed setee and Im sure Olga could put another bed in for you give her a call.
Ang

Booking.com