Author Topic: Newbies to Arillas  (Read 6066 times)

Offline tubedude

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Mines Mythos
Newbies to Arillas
« on: April 11, 2007, 03:18:03 PM »
My wife and I are making our first trip to Arillas in a few weeks, what can we expect.

We're self catering, and stopping at 'Perry & Jimmy's'

Any advise will be appreciated.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Re: Newbies to Arillas
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 04:27:47 PM »
Hi tubedude and welcome to the forum!

It depends what sort of advice you need or want, but if you have a squiz at all the different posts and threads you will find out all you need to know.

What i can tell you is that when you arrive in Arillas you will feel instantly relaxed, enjoy the numerous fantastic restaurants, the walks, the beach, the pools (all welcome) and of course the fantastic Arillas sunsets!

I always go to Thalassa, its a restaurant on the sea front that does gorgeous food, then you can sit on the verandah with your after dinner drinks or coffees and watch the sunset in comfort, pure bliss!!

Offline ronmonkey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • andy and the boy, @the atki may2009
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 05:29:06 PM »
perry and jimmys is part of the rainbow complex, jimmy and spiros who own it are great hosts. the rainbow is about a ten minute walk from the beach (measured at a very leisurely pace), just the right distance to walk up an appetite/walk off a meal.

we are at nafsika (also part of the rainbow) next month and cannot wait!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 05:43:39 PM »
You can expect to have a brilliant holiday.

The Captains restaurant opposite is worth a visit too... not far to go and wonderful food.    You will have a lovely time in Arillas!  We have only been to Arillas once before and loved it.

Look at the weather today  69 degrees already, what will it be like in a couple of months then!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline willis

• Arillas regular visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 08:47:31 PM »
I agree that you will have a brilliant time. It is worth trying a few places as most are good. My favourite is the Horizon. I was also nicely surprised by the Akti. It is very good and very reasonable. It doesn't have the sea views though. A good choice for a windy day.

Offline SteveL

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 10:28:55 AM »
Although Perry's and Jimmy's is situated behind the Rainbow I don't think that it is actually owned by them.  However you will be welcomed by Jimmy and Spiro at the Rainbow and theirs is a nice, convenient place for you to go for breakfast, lunch, dinner, a drink or to use their pool.
You will enjoy Arillas as it is not too quiet, and certainly not too busy, although it does have a sufficient selection of restaurants and bars to satisfy most people.  Arillas Inn, Kostas on the Beach and Brouklis are among our favourites.
We usually only visit a place once (the world's too big) but have been to Arillas 3 times in 2 years so it must have something "special".

Steve

Offline ronmonkey

• andy and the boy, @the atki may2009
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 10:47:29 PM »
you're right, perry & jimmys not owned by sipros & jimmy but i think the rainbow complex would be first port of call if any problems. also safety deposit boxes situated there

Offline tubedude

• Mines Mythos
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 10:49:42 PM »
Sounds really good.  Can't wait to get on that plane from Gatwick on the 7th May.

So long as we can get good food, and cheap beer as well as awonderful venue, that's about all I need for a relaxing holiday...mind you the missus might want some shops too!

IS there any scuba diving to be had?

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 12:45:52 PM »
beer was about the same price as the Uk last year,maybe slightly cheaper,but not much in it.You will have a great time at the Rainbow complex and try their toasted club sandwiches for a good fillup at lunch time
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Maggie

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 09:38:42 PM »
 Tubedude, you can find scuba diving in San George,jus in the next bay.
 I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the guy who runs it, but I'm sure
 someone on the forum must know.

Offline carol2

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 09:48:42 PM »
One of the scuba diving guys is called Vasilis, Tell the guys at the bar where you are staying & I'm sure they'll be able to contact him. One of the guys from the diving school in St. George will come & pick you up & drop you off again after. Be prepared though, no matter how warm the water in Arillas is, in St. George it always seems several degrees colder!
Carol
Get the beers in!

Offline tubedude

• Mines Mythos
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 11:57:03 PM »
Great... thanks people.

Any one out in Arillas for 7th May and spot 2 pastey looking lost Brits, that'll be the wife and I... don't be scared to say hi, although we're Londoners we don't bite!

Offline Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 12:31:30 AM »
Hi Tubetude,
Believe me, all the brits will be pastey on the 7th May! we arrive then as well so hopefully we'll see you around the coconut or Brouklis one evening!

roll on 3 weeks plus a couple of days!!

Arillas here we come!!

Maggie

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 04:35:11 PM »
  Thanks for the reminder Carol! I can remember what he looks like,
  but not his name. Must be an age thing.x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 12:34:54 PM »
Hi Tubedude, I am also a londoner, even though I have lived in West Yorkshire now for 30 yrs, and I don't bite either.
My husband Pete and I will be arriving on 7th May and staying at the Bardis Sun studios.
If you keep a look out for a little lady (height wise) 4 foot 11 inches with a acent that you cant make out, it's
lightly to be me.
If the misses want's some real shop's I suggest you take her into Corfu one day, early on, and then she will be content to relax.
It sounds as if I might have to go shopping by my self one day as Pete will be working with Dimitris on the site, and even if they dont
work all day I will have a good excuse, I am thinking of going into Acharavi, as I have been told there are a lot of shops there worth visiting.
Hopefully we will meet. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com