Author Topic: What to do when it's raining!  (Read 18206 times)

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
What to do when it's raining!
« on: April 12, 2007, 07:48:46 PM »
Hi, just wanted to know what other people do when it's raining. I tend to stay in my room reading or playing cards and then have a long boozy lunch. Does anybody do anything more exciting or have other suggestions? (other than sex!)

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
Re: What to do when it's raining!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 08:45:45 PM »
Now thats a good one!
Usualy grab a comfey chair and a Mataxa in Thallasa, if it gets a bit cold they have a large patio type heater.
Or .....go for a walk...

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 09:23:13 PM »
Long lunch with some wine that runs into late dinner with some more wine and of course with some meze in between with a beer chaser is always a guaranteed most excellent way to spend a rainy day :)
Life is good ;)

Maggie

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »
  We've only experienced 1 rainy day in corfu, and almost everyone
  headed for the bar, where we watched a film(titanic) yuk. and
  had a card afternoon, and a really good social time. (alcohol was involved).

Offline ronmonkey

• andy and the boy, @the atki may2009
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 10:41:17 PM »
had 3 days of thunderstorms last time - absolutely fantastic, spent them in the portofino watching the lightening and the island disappearing under the cloud.

cards and alcohol were involved with us as well

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 11:02:55 AM »
Never had a rainy day in Corfu, been lucky, but if it has rained on holiday anywhere its a case of a bar and alcohol for us too, funny that we all have that in common ay :-D !!

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 11:29:17 AM »
We had 3 very stormy days with terrential rain (the bridge walkway by Ina's was washed out to sea !).

We spent it on the beach, in the downpour swimming in the sea and having a fantastic time. I think we actually got more wet in the rain than in the sea!! There were a few people sat under cover in tavernas and they must have thought we were insane. Nice to have the beach and the sea to ourselves tho :D :D :D

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 12:42:32 PM »
depends where you are if i am on the beach then go for a swim it saves you getting wet lol,if back at the ranch read and drink and look dejected,if its one of the thunderstorms and cloud bursts we have seen then watch everything within 100 yards disapear from sight
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline alyvin

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 02:47:50 PM »
We must have been there the same time as Lozicle as we were staying in the Bardis Sun and had to walk round the back of the village to reach the bars because the beach road was out of bounds due to a torrential river running across it and the bridge being in the sea! I remember sitting in a taverna thinking "Who are those nutters in the sea!"
By the way Maggie you were lucky getting "Titanic" to watch. We got "The Terminal" (the most boring film ever) and "HellBoy" (the second most boring film ever).

Offline Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 02:56:48 PM »
When we stayed in acharavi a few years back it chucked it down with rain on my birthday, having been soaked walking back from a Taverna we wandered back to the apts to see the barman sitting lonely at the pool bar, so we joined him for a couple of drinks, started getting chilly, and with permission, jumped into the pool fully clothed! that soon warmed us up!! At least that's something I can never do at home here in Blightly.

Offline Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 03:00:27 PM »
So apart from jumping in Pools, we normally find our way to the Coconut to see what films they have on. Or we usually take Arrowwords books with us, play cards, catch up on the years reading... or just watch and wait (with an amstel nearby of course!)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 03:06:32 PM »
That's the best time to use a hire car. Get to those places that you always want to visit "Avrio" because it's such a nice day today.
Negg

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 04:50:17 PM »
We must have been there the same time as Lozicle as we were staying in the Bardis Sun and had to walk round the back of the village to reach the bars because the beach road was out of bounds due to a torrential river running across it and the bridge being in the sea! I remember sitting in a taverna thinking "Who are those nutters in the sea!"

Lol :lol: We were staying at the Bardis too. On the evenings we spent it by the bar eating giant beans and bread. :D
If one of the nutters had blue hair it was me hehe

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 04:59:46 PM »
By the way Maggie you were lucky getting "Titanic" to watch. We got "The Terminal" (the most boring film ever) and "HellBoy" (the second most boring film ever).

You've not seen Lost in Translation then? :-)

Offline alyvin

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 10:30:09 PM »
Yes, you have a point there Joe. Maybe the Terminal was only the second most boring film ever. I've stopped watching critically acclaimed films now. Give me a tacky Hollywood blockbuster any day.

Booking.com