Author Topic: What to do when it's raining!  (Read 18228 times)

Offline pg32

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: What to do when it's raining!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 10:33:26 AM »
I told a friend we were going to Arillas in September and a friend of theirs piped up saying you should not go to Corfu in September as it is the rainy season!? Please someone tell me this isnt true!?

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 11:23:49 AM »
Well it did get a wee bit wet last september ;-)..but maybe it was a freak storm?,
we arrived on the 29th sept I think, and missed the River flowing down from the hills.!!!!!
I wouldn`t worry too much.. after all it is a very green Island and it can  rain in a morning &
nice blue sky`s in the  afternoon, either way it would not put me off going any time of year.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 12:21:51 PM »
Its not a case of it rains every day in September, you might have an odd day where it rains and then thats it, as kes said it can rain for half hour in the morning and then the rest of the day its a scorcher!

Panic not, it will still be hot and a spot of rain will not dampen your holiday in Arillas!

Offline pg32

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 12:29:23 PM »
Kes, that cheeky wink has not filled me with confidence!! We go on the 3rd of September so glad its not the end of the month! Cheers Smiffy, i will try not to panic, its just that im fed up with rain and when i go on holiday the less i see the better!!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 12:32:21 PM »
I understand what you mean, but youre at the beginning of September anyway, you'll be fine :-) !

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 12:34:36 PM »
Kes, that cheeky wink has not filled me with confidence!! We go on the 3rd of September so glad its not the end of the month! Cheers Smiffy, i will try not to panic, its just that im fed up with rain and when i go on holiday the less i see the better!!

You will be fine...methinks someone was just a tad bit jealous and wanted to dampen (hee, hee pardon the pun!) your holiday spirits.

As mentioned in an earlier post the rain stops quickly and in the blink of an eye the sun is out and you will be lying by your pool! :-)

Eileenx

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 04:00:37 PM »
September is my favourite time to go, its just that little bit cooler and if it does rain it really is spectacular. Also as every cloud has a silver lining (another bad pun-sorry!) there are substantially less of those pesky Mozzies in September especially if it rains.

Offline pg32

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 10:49:13 AM »
Thanks everyone feel better now!!

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 03:57:12 PM »
Pg32. Don't worry about rain. We went near the end of september and they had had a heatwave before we arrived. We just got freak bad weather. It was the first time we went to Arillas and we still had a great time and it is the only resort we have returned to again.

Offline eaky

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 10:39:09 PM »
Mmmmmmmmmmm, quite looking forward to a drop of rain now, cant really believe i said that i hate rain, but eh Cards and a drink sounds OK..............

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2007, 11:32:28 PM »
We had our first visit to Corfu the middle of September two years ago and we were worried it would rain.  It did, just before we got there which made all the roads very slippery because of the olive trees.  We stayed in Agios Gordis and because it is down the bottom of a steep hill they couldnt pick our bags up on the day we left (it rained quite heavily) as they couldnt get the car down.  But almost as soon as it started it stopped and the sun was out. 

It did rain during the holiday too but only for about 1/2 hr. 
We thought right,  we will have a romantic evening watching the sun go down on the beach with a bottle of wine...  We got all settled and cosy and it started to rain.. blast, we thought we were back in England... quick dash back to our studio which was almost on the beach anyway.  I thought I would be really disappointed when it rained but it didnt last for long and it cooled everything down anyway and made a pleasant change.  I should imagine that just as we get fed up with it raining here in the UK it could become just as tiresome if you have no change in the weather and it is sunny and hot all the time.  Its nice to have a variation, as you can do better walks if its cooler,  but I would feel very cheated if the weather was bad all the holiday.

Last year we went to Arillas the end of June and the weather was apparently pretty ropey a couple of weeks before we got there and then it was a "heatwave".  You can never tell can you?

At least we should have a good summer here in the UK which is predicted and then when you go to Arillas in September you should have picked up a pretty good tan by then!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 11:05:25 AM »
Yes i was in Arillas last June and September, it was much warmer in September. I remember needing to take a coat out with me in June and I normally don't feel the cold.

Offline eaky

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2007, 10:23:22 PM »
Yes i was in Arillas last June and September, it was much warmer in September. I remember needing to take a coat out with me in June and I normally don't feel the cold.

I remember having to buy a little jacket one year when we got caught out with the cool breeze at night time, small price to pay eh...................

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2007, 02:26:22 PM »
Corfu does cool more at night than other similar destinations but I really like that as sometimes I can find the heat overbearing, I love the sea breeze you get at night-time along the front of Arillas.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2007, 02:31:39 PM »
I love watching the storms out at sea, the lightning looks fantastic and its not raining in Arillas. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com