Author Topic: CHILLY EVENINGS?  (Read 6813 times)

Offline Coes/Norwich

CHILLY EVENINGS?
« on: May 03, 2007, 06:22:10 PM »
Hi everyone

We are going to Arillas on 21st May for two weeks, staying at the Galini apartments.
This will be our first visit, and we have been really impressed with all the information we have found on the site. 

Could someone let us know what sort of temperature it will be in the evenings when we are there.  Will we need to wrap up a bit, or does it stay warm right through into the evenings?

We would also like to know the best places to eat in Arillas with two young boys, age eight and three, and where do we go for Greek nights? 

Many thanks,
 The Coes from Norwich

Maggie

Re: CHILLY EVENINGS?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 06:26:32 PM »
 I've been in late May/early june, and only needed a cardigan at night. I took tops for the kids, and we were all fine. It wasn't cold, but a wee bit too cool for me without cover.
 I think if you have a look round all the eateries, you won't have a problem finding greek nights. Most places do them. (not all on the same night tho). I hpoe you all have a lovely holiday!

Offline LivingstonFamily

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • ThePicOfDaniella
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 06:57:43 PM »
Well i cant answer your question about going in may but im younger im 13 now but the first time i went to greece i must have been about 9 or 10 and all the resturants are quite good for childrens meals and the owners and stuff are all really friendly to the children.

The greek nights happen most places they usually have it advertised outside resturants saying the time and date be prepared to be dancing though as they usually get you up and the whole crowd gets invlolved. Its very Fun I will say :D
Julie- The Sun Soaker
Kev- The Jock
Daniella- The Terrapin Terror

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 07:35:48 PM »
Hi we have been in Arillas on the 21st May for the last 9 years.  Unfortunatly our girls have been really incosiderate this year, 1 has got married, 1 is due her baby on the 23rd May and the other is due her baby on teh 28th of July so due to finances we can't go this year.  I'm so jealous.

Well back to your question now I have had my moan.  I normaly wear a cardi in the evening but sometimes this isn't even necessary.  You will have a great time and the 21st May is the name day for Helena and Kostas so there are always a few partys going on.   Our Grandson normaly goes with us and he is 9, he loves it and all the locals are so friendly.

Bet you book up again once you have been Arillas is addictive.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
Sorry forgot to say the Marina Hotel holds a weekly Greek night.  It is located right down on the beach front, can't remember what night its on though.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 10:08:40 PM »
Greek night at the Marina is usually on a Saturday and it is great to watch the dancing. You should see Billy dance.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 10:44:45 AM »
21st  you should be able to wear smothing short sleeved,but take a long sleeved top to put on later as after a days sunbathing you might just feel a bit chilly,but should be ok
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 10:48:53 AM »
We go on the 21st also, i think it depends on the individual aswell, we dont really feel the cold, not that its going to be freezing out there or anything, but nothing is long sleeved in our suitcases.

Id say if you feel chilly here on a warm summers evening then take something, if not dont bother.

Anyway a nice glass of Metaxa would soon warm you up!!

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 11:53:07 AM »
We have been for the last 2 years, last week in May and 1st week in June.  I am always cold even in the evenings.  I took a cardi out with me but only needed to use it when staggering back to the hotel early hours of the morning!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 12:19:43 PM »
Thats what i like to hear :-D !!

Offline Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 12:44:11 PM »
Daniella its great to hear the views of Arillas from a younger person, keep posting on this sight as I can see that we will get lots of great information from you. Maybe next time you go away you should write a report on your return. I'm sure a few people will benefit from your aspect of the resort! Keep it up!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 01:07:44 PM »
We stayed in the Galini last year and we had a great time!  We have never been in May so cant help with the weather but the Galini was very nice, lovely pool too.  Hear that Kostas has been extending his decking on his bar too.  If it is a bit cool you can always wear socks in bed and ask for an extra blanket.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 05:06:55 PM »
We was in Arillas on 21st may last year and the weather was great, but like Harold says you may need a top for the evenings dependant upon how you feel the cold. I was ok with just a short sleeved shirt but Anne needed a cardie, have fun and enjoy.

Cheers Dave

Offline LivingstonFamily

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • ThePicOfDaniella
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 06:13:47 PM »
Thank You Hels Bels

I will definately be writing a report of this year, i jus cant wait to be back!

We are going on the 27th oh July and i cant wait neither can my Mum or Dad but i will miss my doggy hehe he stays with my grandad.

xx
Julie- The Sun Soaker
Kev- The Jock
Daniella- The Terrapin Terror

Booking.com