Author Topic: Arrivals  (Read 14286 times)

Offline raff

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • www.ukfitshape.com
Arrivals
« on: May 08, 2007, 04:41:17 PM »
Has the season now started?  Its just when we look on the web cam there doesn't seem to be much activety.  We don't arrive until July and seem to be checking out the web every day....

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Re: Arrivals
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 04:47:03 PM »
Yes the season has started, its May through to October, beginning of May is quiet but as you get near the end of May and into June it starts to get alot more people descending on Arillas and all through the summer.

But dont worry not too packed, just right if you know what i mean.

You will start to see alot more activity as the days roll by :-)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 12:43:55 PM »
hi smiffy viv here, yes it is quite quiet  here but lovely. Sun is cracking the pavements. By the way Bobby say's he has plenty of cider for brett.
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 01:45:50 PM »
Hi Viv,

Glad youre enjoying yourself!

You asking Bobby obviously reminded him to email me, i received one this morning, he told me we're having your room after youve gone, so no trashing it haha!!

And he told me he stocks cider so Brett is happy, thank you for asking and reminding him, i appreciate it.

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 05:08:40 PM »
I was looking forward to my quiet holiday on the 21st may! Hopefully Arillas will still be quiet but Manchester and Corfu airport will be crazy as lots of Liverpool fans are flying on package tours to Corfu as its cheaper to do that and get ferries/ flights over to Athens for the Champions League final on 23rd May. Everybody I speak to is going over to Corfu/ Athens the same week as me!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 05:38:45 PM »
Blimey, what its cheaper to fly to Corfu then ferry over than buying a ticket with say one of the cheap airlines??!!

Im not looking forward to Corfu airport being busy then if that is the case :-( !

Offline alyvin

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 09:21:34 PM »
Yes, cheapest return tickets from Liverpool to Athens are now unavailable or £599 return. People are booking a week on the islands and then travelling to Athens for the match. Count yourself lucky you are not on the Manchester flight. It could have been worse at least AC Milan knocked Man U out or there might have been fights as well!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 11:50:47 AM »
Thats ridculous money, they must put the price up cos they know people will want to get there, terrible!!

We have an early flight so hopefully we'll arrive before alot of the football fans, or they may arrive even earlier than us, just dont want it to be manic when i arrive!

Offline alyvin

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 05:25:59 PM »
I went to Corfu and Zante last year. One of them had a brand new arrivals area. Air conditioned with plenty of seats. Please tell me it was Corfu Airport.

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 05:28:58 PM »
Unless they have been busy in the winter ...don`t think so..better to go outside and wait till the crowds disperse before attempting to locate luggage

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 06:27:25 PM »
There have been no upgrades to Corfu Airport since this time last year, in fact things may be even more fun when coming home now as Corfu & Greece have had to follow the rest of the world and tighten up security, no major issue, us Brits are very good at queuing!!! (and there will be queues.)

Anyone travelling out the week before the final (23rd May isn't it) will need to be very patient, I don't think there is a spare seat in the direction to be had, I believe we are operating extra flights just to take out supporters. The hotel prices have been so dramatically over inflated by this it is cheaper to take a package holiday then stay in Athens and Corfu is just about the closest. I doubt you'll notice anything in resort but airports and aircrafts will be manic.

Just remember - worth it when you get there!

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 07:48:45 PM »
Thanks a bundle joe ;-)   we arrive this sat.
As we have been stopped & suitcases searched the last four homebound flights (3 times by the same girl on security...we are now on first name terms :-)...Not much can  deter us (even delays are ok as you get that bit longer munching piza etc in departure.
As an Evertonian I am hoping there are not too many Red shirts ??? in Arillas.
(possible can of worms?)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 08:33:42 PM »
I had heard that Zante airport had been upgraded.  You had to wait outside in the sun there too, at least with Corfu they provide a bit of shade.  We found that the reps got it spot on for our arrival at the airport last year, we only had to wait about 20 mins before we went through to check in.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 10:35:34 AM »
Im feeling more and more deflated every time i read something about this!!  Still as Joe said, its worth it when you get there!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 11:25:29 AM »
Just to a bit of reverse psychology, if you prepare yourself for the worst, when you get there things can only be better. The main reason you will get congestion on the flights is that most airlines from the UK all travel on the same day, it's cheaper, and with all the fans pouring in the airport will be beyond capacity. Monday will be the busiest, especially up north.

Yes, Zante has been improved to provide cover when queuing out in the sunshine, Corfu is going to have a bottleneck at security not check-in where you now have to remove your liquids, take outer garments off, agree to random searches and shoe scanning, etc, etc, etc. There are only 2 machines and no room for any more. I'm flying more and more with work now and the airport experience is horrible and in my opinion overbearing, not wanting to offend anyone hear but if somebody was really determined to take an aircraft down they would manage it, I saw little wrong with our previous security measures. For anyone who is familiar with Manchester it now often takes 40minutes to 1 hour to get through security and that was before the summer season started, they are frantically putting extra scanners in so hopefully that will alleviate some.

Everton, Liverpool, pah! I support Manchester Untied - Champions!

Booking.com