Author Topic: Arrivals  (Read 14288 times)

Offline ronmonkey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
  • andy and the boy, @the atki may2009
Re: Arrivals
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 11:46:24 PM »
it is zante airport that is the nightmare, corfu is a breeze in comparison

some friends were delayed leaving zante airport because the baggage handlers had gone on strike - both of them

Offline raff

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 02:27:44 PM »
still checking out the website.  Not long now.  Did Corfu get much of a Red invasion after last nights game?  Are all the Taverna's open now?  Also we read that the Chinese isn't there and its now a shop!!! Lets hope there aren't many changes to Arillas.

Offline Mango

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 02:30:21 PM »
Hi Raff

I wouldn't worry, by the time you get there in July, Arillas will be alive and kicking.  We are out there for two weeks from 29 June and everything is always open.
Amanda

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2007, 01:35:49 PM »
When we arrived at Corfu airport there were quite a few Liverpool football shirts getting off the other flights and a few off of our flight, but the airport wasnt rammed at all.

When we walked out of The Captains after our meal we heard a guy on his mobile phone talking to a friend and he'd obviously been to the game and then come back to Arillas after to finish off his holiday, he was telling his friend that the guy he'd gone with had got arrested!!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2007, 01:37:56 PM »
Sorry forgot to say, we arrived on the 21st May and everything was open, nothing was shut apart from the couple of places that had shut down.

Offline raff

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 02:06:13 PM »
What has actually shut down.  I heard that the chinese had shut?!  Anything else?  Is Whispers still closed? thanks....

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 02:08:19 PM »
Hi Raff

The Pizza place has shut, the Chinese place has shut and the Arilla Inn Taverna will be closed this season due to a family dispute.

Amanda

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2007, 02:09:45 PM »
Whispers is now a Burger King........

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 02:16:33 PM »
Give me Corfu Airport any day over Manchester terminal 2,...,1hr 45 mins before we got through security.....
just another point on independent travellers...
why should we have to get in the queue with those on package holidays at corfu airport?...if I arrive in a taxi ,no rep is going to tell me which checkin desk I have to go to..I have to find out for myself(I am then already in the airport) I should then just go strait to the security check....I can see the carriers point ,but being independent the rep will not assist me if I have a problem....or will they...  I have heard of arguments and and so forth with reps over this point.....

comments welcome

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 02:17:48 PM »
Jo

You are kidding about Burger King aren't you!!!!!!

Amanda

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 02:21:57 PM »
Yes he is the little tinker!!

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 02:24:11 PM »
Give me Corfu Airport any day over Manchester terminal 2,...,1hr 45 mins before we got through security.....
just another point on independent travellers...
why should we have to get in the queue with those on package holidays at corfu airport?...if I arrive in a taxi ,no rep is going to tell me which checkin desk I have to go to..I have to find out for myself(I am then already in the airport) I should then just go strait to the security check....I can see the carriers point ,but being independent the rep will not assist me if I have a problem....or will they...  I have heard of arguments and and so forth with reps over this point.....

comments welcome

Kes, the reps queue manage for the airport as its to small so yes if you are travelling on a charter flight independent or not you need to follow the reps instructions as they are effectively working for the airport. The screens above the checkin desks are not reliable and you may find yourself checked in on the wrong flight and your bagagge going to Poland. Hope that helps.

Manchester airport security will be awful all year, expect 2 hours queues in July/August while they do the expansion work.

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 02:24:56 PM »
Jo

You are kidding about Burger King aren't you!!!!!!

Amanda

Not at all had a lovely bacon double cheeseburger :)

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 02:26:58 PM »
Hi Jo

I was in a panic then.  Next you will be telling us the sea front is like Blackpool.

Amanda

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2007, 02:27:37 PM »
Gatwick this year there was no problem at all getting through security, it was fab, checked in and through to departures in 15 minutes, alot better than last year where we queued for about 45 minutes just to get through security!

Booking.com