Author Topic: getting to corfu town  (Read 4204 times)

Offline spark-elle

getting to corfu town
« on: July 07, 2004, 06:16:45 PM »
Hello all,I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much a taxi from Arillas to Corfu Town is?I have been told that there are few shops in Arillas and so i plan to go to Corfu Town to get my souveneirs!Is this the best way to travel?I won't be renting a car and I found that the only bus leaves at 07.30am.Also,do the day trips and glass bottom boats leave from Arillas or elsewhere?Just one more thing-can anyone recommend a taverna that is good for vegetarians?Can't wait to get to Arillas and to enjoy the Greek food!!! :lol:

Offline spark-elle

getting to corfu town
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 09:08:02 PM »
Hi me again,just to say that it doesn't matter about the query re:vegetarian food,someone showed me a link that helped me find info on that aspect.Could someone maybe help me out with my other queries? :wink:  :(

Maggie1

getting to corfu town
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 12:10:05 AM »
Hi spark-elle, There are a couple of places in Arillas where you can book day trips to different places, including Corfu town. Ithink you can either go by day or in the evening on buses running from Arillas. It won't be difficult to get info about trips when you get there.I hope you enjoy Arillas, Maggie1.

Offline NORM&SANDY

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
gifts
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 12:10:55 AM »
hi ya
there are a few gift shops in arillas selling most of the things that you wish to buy but a trip tp kerkira town is well worth it,Yanni at the sea breeze(far left as you look out to sea) has a relative owe owns a taxi cost is about 35 euro,s and you can arrange a time for him to pick you up or dimitri at the brouklis taverna will order you a cab,just ask anyone there and they will help
good luck
   norm

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
getting to corfu town
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 11:27:41 AM »
Hi Spark-elle
I agree with Norm (as he is my Brother in law ) a trip to Corfu town is well worth it ,with an abundance of back streets and quality shops, but there is alot of Souveneir shops along the north coast i.e. Sidari 8kms from Arillas, Rhoda where on the front you can enquire about boat trips( from english lady)as well and a bit further on is Acharavi ?
But even walking to next bay is St Stevanos which has a few more shops.

We tend to stick to the shops in Arillas as this keeps the locals in business,unless its something special we go to Corfu town.
hope this helps?

Paul/Deb5

Booking.com