Author Topic: Bus Transfers included?  (Read 19522 times)

Offline justlynn

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Bus Transfers included?
« on: May 16, 2007, 01:56:07 PM »
Hi, I have been reading posts on transfers, but am now a little confused!
We booked online with Holiday Hypermarket who deal with First Choice.  There is no mention of bus transfers on any of the booking details, so we presumed they may not be included?
Wonder if anyone can help, please?  I seem to remember reading on here that transfers are included, but I guess this may depend on who you booked with?
Thanks for any replies,
Lynn

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Re: Bus Transfers included?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 02:47:40 PM »
If you have booked a package holiday and its with First Choice i would say that your transfer is included, the only times one isnt is if you've booked your holiday independantly, but all the holiday companies provide transfers to resort.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 03:15:29 PM »
Hi Lynn

Yes, I think the best bet would be to check with the tour company.  We have always had coach's included when we uded to go with package deals but I know that these days they try to charge for everything 'extra'!

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 12:39:59 AM »
Thank you Smiffy and Jo for your replies- I will do as suggested and check with the tour company.  Just read through all the five pages they sent us, and there is no mention at all.  Made us wonder if it is actually a package or not!

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 08:31:18 AM »
We booked online with Holiday Hypermarket who deal with First Choice.  There is no mention of bus transfers on any of the booking details, so we presumed they may not be included?
Hello Lyn,
As far as I know, first Choice has no properties in Arillas this year. Where are you supposed to be staying?

dimitris
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 09:19:06 AM »
Hi Dimitris,
Thank you for your reply.
We are staying at Kokinos. which is of course with Manos.  We have received documents from both First Choice and Manos.
Think now it would have been much better to book direct with Manos if only we had realised this at the time!  (And maybe cheaper too - oh well....)
Lynn

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 05:42:06 PM »
If it is with Manos (which Kokinos is) you will definitely have a bus transfer included in the price.
Sandy x

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 09:21:53 PM »
Thanks Sandy,
We are hoping so!
L x

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 06:39:42 PM »
Just like First Choice we also sell Manos holidays on our website, if you have booked a flight and accommodation together part of that 'Package' will be to get you to your final destination. Unless you booked the flight and hotel separately transfers will always be included, £20 each way in fact, which is already added into the price :)

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 12:25:46 AM »
Thanks, Joe,
Brilliant news!  As it's our first time to Corfu, we may enjoy the more scenic route - even though by all accounts, it seems it may be a long haul?
Cheers, lynn

Offline RUSSELL

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 12:29:26 PM »
Hi Lynn/Colin
We went with corfu escape last year and the transfer time was about 1hour 15mins
but we did go round a few mare resorts first but you should have got transfers in with your booking with first choice we did when we went with them last october to Lefkas.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 12:36:34 PM »
Thanks for that, Russell - very helpful!

It was probably just me being paranoid that they may not be included!
lynn

Offline Julie j

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 02:23:04 PM »
Sorry to drag up an old potato but when I made enquiries to return to Arillas in July I noticed the new Thomas Cook charges.   They are now charging £20 each for airport transfers, this makes the taxi fare to Arillas a no brainer for two people.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 11th July

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 03:01:59 PM »
I think our transfers have been £20 for quite a while :) Now they tend to be itemised on your invoice so you see them but are usually a price incorporated in the package not an extra cost on top of the holiday.

I noticed that due to fuel (yes that one again) the taxi fares had substantially increased this year and with the weak Euro even more so. I myself am not a fan of the coaches after going so many times even if they are fun to begin with, the biggest plus though is if your bus gets held up the aircraft waits for you.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 12:10:30 AM »
Lynn
We book through First Choice (Manos Package) Transfers have always been included.

Booking.com