Author Topic: Bardis Studios - Poppy & Spiros  (Read 27306 times)

Offline Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Bardis Studios - Poppy & Spiros
« on: May 16, 2007, 04:07:36 PM »
Arrived back on Monday after staying at the Bardis Studios, wish we'd gone for 2 weeks. The Studios are very clean, with a maid coming in every day. There is an 'oven' (the small table top one), with 2 rings on. Electric Kettle. Nice Big Fridge. Plenty of crockery and plates, the shower does have a curtain around it, (which is unusual for Corfu in my experience). Storage space is ok, only 2 small drawers, but plenty of hangers provided, and there is a large shelf to store the shorts etc on. Usual on the Balcony, 2 patio chairs and a table. I love the way the towels are placed on the beds when you arrive, just the little touches like this make a difference.
Go down and have a few drinks in the evening with lovely Poppy & Spiros, and we thought he was such a quiet and shy greek gentleman! (Oh and girls, Bobby is a very very very nice man! George is the same attraction for the younger folks! Very Nice Lads)

Had a lovely time, Roll on next year I'd better book up now!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Re: Bardis Studios - Poppy & Spiros
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 05:50:11 PM »
Glad you had a fab time Hels Bels!!

I shall let Bobby know he has an admirer haha!! 

I first met him 2 years ago when i stayed in the hotel next door, this time we're staying in their studios, so im looking forward to being even nearer to the cocktails :-D !

Offline Hels Bels

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 07:27:33 PM »
I'm sure Bobby has plenty of admirers, I'm sure my hubby doesn't mind me looking! I was just giving helpful advice should any single ladies go visiting!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 12:57:34 AM »
Sounds like fun!  Cant wait now!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 11:21:15 AM »
Sounds lovely Hels Bels - looking forward to it even more now - I've not got a hubby to moan at me oggling! Bet you are sad to back with this horrible weather!
Cheryl O

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 12:20:45 PM »
Nope, nothing wrong with looking!!

So Hels Bels, i assume if you booked with Nancy, you flew with Monarch, can you tell us how the flight was and what the plane was like, cramped or ok??  Food etc??

Offline Hels Bels

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 03:13:18 PM »
We flew from Birmingham in an Airbus (I think) the first 6 rows were extra leg room, we were lucky on the way back to be allocated those seats as there was loads of room. The others do seem fairly cramped when you first sit in them but you soon get used to it.
The only problem we had was that as Bham is a new route for Nancy our seats were allocated, but our names hadn't been entered on the computer, so we had to register them first (after queueing already). Nancy did ensure me that these were teething problems as Monarch had changed their systems and not everything had been updated by them. (the same happened coming back).
The food outbound was brekkie, it was standard aircraft food, you wouldn't eat it normally but it seems to taste ok when you're flying. Coming back was bangers and mash. Flight crew really helpful & friendly.

Corfu airport was closed first thing due to fog so a number of early flights where being diverted, we were lucky as ours was at lunchtime so the fog had lifted in time.

I have to say Nancy was excellent, on the return journey she followed us at each stage of the process keeping us updated, and ensuring we had no problems, a really personal service. I'll defintely book with her again.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 05:07:38 PM »
Thanx for that little report, very informative!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 10:51:50 AM »
Sounds better and better, we fly with Monarch in June and have booked with Nancy too... looking good!  Apart from the weather today that is... whot on earth is happening?

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 12:20:22 PM »
We go Monday.  So EXCITED!  2 weeks in the Bardis Sun.  Hoping the weather is good as I have bought lots of sun crea.  Sadly the diet didn't go too well so there is a bit of a panic at present in the household as to what I can sunbathe in and whether I will scare the other bathers!  Never mind, I am me, and so long as I get to Arillas that's all that matters really.  Can't wait.  Glad everyone had a great time.  Wendy & Stuart. :o)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 06:21:06 PM »
I am so glad I am not on my own on the diet front!   I have had the same problem in the swimwear department... everything stretches, just not enough of it...  All good fun though!  I just keep thinking everything looks better, even the wobbly bits if its all browned off a bit!

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 06:52:53 PM »
That's what I keep thinking, you don't notice the stretch marks and the fat when it's browner (I hope!) and if it rains, I'll where a mac!!!!  Will let you know how I go on.  W. x

Maggie

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 12:02:32 AM »
They're not stretch marks Wendy, they're life lines.

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 11:25:10 AM »
I like that Maggie - life lines sound alot better!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 06:54:06 PM »
Have you got any better sounding words for cellulite?!

Booking.com