Author Topic: Hello everyone...can I ask you  (Read 12864 times)

Offline nickb

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Hello everyone...can I ask you
« on: May 24, 2007, 05:15:44 PM »
Hi there, my other half and I are going to Arillas early July with our little boy.

Can you recommend some traditional tavernas/restaurants and average cost of a meal (with wine of course).

We would also like to know if there are operators offering excursions, we would like to explore further afield as we are both interested in the history and culture.

Thanks for reading this

All the best

Nick, Marie and baby Alex

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
Re: Hello everyone...can I ask you
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 05:37:31 PM »
Hi nickb
We're going tomorrow for 2 weeks so will suss it all out and let you know on our return
Janis

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 05:48:37 PM »
I hope you both have a wonderful time Janis!

Offline raff

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 06:35:12 PM »
All the taverna's are great.  You won't get a bad meal in Arillas.  This will be our 6th visit and our kids love the local food.  We are going end of July for 4 weeks.  Great ah!!!

Maggie

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 07:28:10 PM »
If you can check out Arillas travel, which is opposite the Cocnut bar, I'm sure you could find some excursions from there. I'm not sure about costs etc. but they will be cheaper than your rep can sell. I won't be able to report back to you cos I'll still be there when you go. Have fun!

Offline Mango

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 11:45:33 AM »
nickb

We used the tour operators when we first started going to Arillas.  Now we always use Arillas Travel, they are so much cheaper and you get just the same for your money.  They do lots of excursions.  Check it out.
Amanda

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 11:54:42 AM »
Hello Nickb,

Like someone else said, all the tavernas are lovely and very family friendly.  Last year when I was there with my two teenage children and my daughter's friend, the most we paid for an evening meal was 55 euros including a couple of drinks each.  The portions are huge so you really struggle to eat more than two courses.  On average we paid roughly 40-45 euros each night including the tip and always had lovely food.  Hope this helps.

We went on one of the boat trips which was a bit rough with choppy seas, my daughter was really ill so that put us off going on any more boat trips but there are plenty of trips you can go on.  We never made it to Corfu town last year so we will be going there this year.

You will have a fantastic time!
Cheryl O

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 03:52:23 PM »
Hi nickb - said I'd let you know on our return from Arillas - it would appear almost every restaurant/taverna welcomes children and has a special menu if required. The kiddies menus looked particularly cheap.  All the food we tried was very good - Brouklis, Thalassa, Kostas on the Beach, Horizon and Mirage at lunchtime; also Captains. We ate out every night, usually having a starter each, main course each and loads of wine. We didn't particularly check the costs either and our food averaged 28 - 42 euros per night. Fantastic value!

Have a super time

Offline JohnJ

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 04:03:52 PM »
Hello,
         Just to add that we agree with all that has been said about the Tavernas, but would add Mon Amour also known as Kokinoss up in Kavadades.  This village is some 3 KMs away but they will send a car to pick you all up and take you back home free of charge and it really is a traditional taverna which is open all year round and used exstensively by the locals.  Prices are also extremely reassonable.   As for excursions, if you drive and are not phased by driving on the other side of the road I would suggest that you hire a car for say three days.  For about £70 hire cost you can do all the excursions available and spend as much or little time as you want rather than having to stick to the excursion itinery.  If you do hire a car try and do Agios Georgis to Pagi and then on to Angelo kastro and then on to Paleokastritsas for a truly remakable experience and scenery.   You will also be able to do Corfu town of course.  Good luck and enjoy Arillas.
John J
JOHN JOHNSON

Offline eve

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 10:36:03 PM »
Yes the above posts got it spot on! Just go and enjoy! It is just perfect !

Offline sheila

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 05:58:06 PM »
all I can say is try them all,you won't  get a bad meal anywhere and they are all very friendly, just enjoy.
SHEILA

Offline nickb

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 01:46:22 PM »
thanks to you all for the great tips and info. just 3 weeks and 3 days to go.we cant wait!!!

nick,marie and alex

Offline LivingstonFamily

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • ThePicOfDaniella
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 10:03:41 PM »
Aqua Park - Soo Much Fun Deffo Must Doo.
Theo's Boat - Everyone will love it.
Corfu Town- Really Good but not if you hate long journeys.

And also another thing that me and my dad do is hire out quad bikes and go exploring corfu we found some really nice places and we stopp off for drinks at little cafe's last time we ended up by little resturants and cafes surrounded by german tourists

Sidari is good for the evening but not really for a family with young children it gets a bit roudy and busy down there.

And thats coming from mee and kid hehe

x
Julie- The Sun Soaker
Kev- The Jock
Daniella- The Terrapin Terror

Offline Marion

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 12:33:24 AM »
Have just returned from another wonderful 10 days in Arillas - all the tavernas are good -  but can really recommend The Captains Table, Angela and the staff there are so helpful and nothing is too much trouble. Will be returning in September!!!!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 10:19:41 AM »
Hi Marion,

The Captains Table has gathered itself quite a following...quite rightly too, good food and a lovely family.
It's seems that there are quite a lot of us going over in September!

Eileenx

Booking.com