Author Topic: Hello everyone...can I ask you  (Read 12845 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Hello everyone...can I ask you
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 08:13:11 PM »
We love the Captains...  very friendly and relaxed.  Sometimes we would see Angela and her girls on the beach during the day and then see her in the evening working.  They have very long work days but are so welcoming despite what time we get there to eat. 
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 10:24:35 PM »
We also like Captains. Think we might just eat there tomorrow night. Are you jealous  Sue???

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 10:56:44 AM »
I think we're all jealous Lisa!!

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 11:33:02 AM »
Yes the Captains is one of our favourite haunts....just wish they would water down the after meal rocket fuel!!!!

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 11:48:46 AM »
Will have to try the Captains next time!

Offline gemmalou

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 12:12:43 PM »
Is Captains across from the Marvel??

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 12:13:53 PM »
Yes that's the one Gemmalou. :-)

Eileenxxx

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 01:18:20 PM »
I've never been to the Captains.  Think I will give it a try this year.

Amanda

Offline gemmalou

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 01:41:54 PM »
I would like to try the captains but i feel bad as im staying at the marvel and feel like they would be watching me! lol

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2007, 02:16:55 PM »
I know just what you mean Gemmalou. I always stay at the Rainbow and have never been to the Captain's for the same reason - silly really. I always feel disloyal somehow when I go elsewhere, although they never seem to get upset when we go to Brouklis. There are so many lovely places to try and we always end up back at the Rainbow for a nightcap (or two!).  At the end of the day, they are all trying to make a living and maybe I feel it's hard for the likes of the Rainbow and Hotel Marvellous (as it always used to be called) seeing new places like the Captain's opening up just opposite and doing so well and potentially taking some of their customers away.

Having said this, I have been known to stagger through the hedge to the Marvellous late at night supposedly on my way home to Perry and Jimmy's.....
Sandy x

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2007, 02:30:20 PM »
To anyone who hasnt tried The Captains, do, its a really nice friendly place, very cheap also, we couldnt believe the bill when it arrived, if i remember rightly it was about 23 euros for the both of us, that was starters, mains and 4 drinks, you get a free dessert thrown in and a shot each, we couldnt believe how cheap it was, also really nice food too, so all in all fabulous!

So i say give it a go!

Offline gemmalou

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2007, 02:31:23 PM »
I know it is silly and its your holiday but i just feel really bad if i go elsewhere and i would feel like im rubbing there nose in it if i was to sit across the road and eat!! So i will try some other taverns down the road i think this year! Im taking my mum this time so hopefully it should be fun sitting at the bar all night with Spiros and Kostas!! Plus you get 10% off your meal if you eat and stay at the marvel! Bargain!! hahaha

Thet are all trying to make a living and it must be really hard in such a small quiet place but it is lovely and hopefully if mum likes it word will go around and will bring more custom for them all. xxxx

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2007, 02:33:09 PM »
Hi there

Is the Marvel going out towards the bakery as I can't recall it at this moment in time.

Amanda

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2007, 03:19:56 PM »
Pete and I hadn't eaten at captians untell a few years ago, because there are so many nice places, We met Kes and his wife Kath  told me then if we went to the captains and didnt enjoy the meal she would pay for it, guess what I ended up paying  ;-) as I couldnt really tell her that I hadn't enjoyed it after I had eaten it all. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2007, 03:24:15 PM »
Gemmalou....We Have stayed at tha Marvel on three occasions  on b & b(and had a great time)....But the best part of our Holiday is eating out and choosing where we want to eat  ,,I can understand you feeling uneasy going across the road..or anywhere else ,,but  do your own thing..... The Hotels obviousley would like us to eat there all the time ..also Some people stay in a hotel and never buy a drink,but may eat all there meals there,
Anyhow have a great time at the Marvel and get Spiros a `Famouse Grouse` for me(he wont charge you..ha ha!!!)

Booking.com