Author Topic: Hello everyone...can I ask you  (Read 12859 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Hello everyone...can I ask you
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2007, 03:26:15 PM »
We're currently hearing a lot of good reports about the Marvel over here. I was told, by 2 couples, that they tried to book but it was full at the time. Went in there to change a book the other day and everyone was very friendly & chatty.
(Marvel just before Rainbow on the left hand side as you leave Arillas)
Negg

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2007, 03:27:30 PM »
Now then VIV!!!
I think yopu had the Mixed grill for two...thats 2 steaks....4 lamb chops...2 pork chops...2 chicken breasts  ...Mushrooms  ..chips  .. ets etc.....

I know you left a couple of chips....

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2007, 03:27:53 PM »
Have you been on the ouzo Eggy - Marvel is on the right as you leave the village!
Sandy x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 03:32:31 PM »
Sandy - I've gone from a right hand drive car to a left hand drive, get confused as to what side of the road the Greeks drive anyway as most Coaches seem to come directly at me, and yes, one has had a small tipple.
Regards
Negg

Offline gemmalou

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2007, 03:46:14 PM »
Them coaches are very nasty things arent they! That is the one thing i hate about the holiday!! Last year the coach driver couldnt find the Marvel (we had drove past it once) Bless him!!

Oh and Kes i will get Spiros a Famous Grouse in but last time i did he made me drink Tequila! Yuck!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2007, 04:45:02 PM »
You cheeky thing Lisa.... of course I am jealous but we will be there Monday to try it out!!  Hope you are having a wonderful time!  Sue x

I drink the rocket fuel and Mike drinks the fruity stuff!  we like to share our money around the restaurants a bit and try other places as well.  We have only been to the Brouklis a couple of times as it has been so busy.  It does seem to be the "in" place to be..
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2007, 09:43:55 PM »
Kes, If I left some chip's does that mean Kath owe's me a meal ;-0 tell her a drink will do instead ;-) Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline ANNnRICK41

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2007, 02:17:53 AM »
I would like to try the captains but i feel bad as im staying at the marvel and feel like they would be watching me! lol

LOL .. we felt exactly the same, we wanted to try out Captains, but felt it would be disloyal!

At least out of sight we could eat without guilt :)

Ann x
Love and Laughter,

Ann & Rick

xx

Offline ANNnRICK41

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2007, 02:21:59 AM »
We're currently hearing a lot of good reports about the Marvel over here. I was told, by 2 couples, that they tried to book but it was full at the time. Went in there to change a book the other day and everyone was very friendly & chatty.
(Marvel just before Rainbow on the left hand side as you leave Arillas)
Negg

Lovely place the Marvel is .. however every where we went was lovely!  I have never felt so at home in a resort before, as I did in Arillas. 

We spent most of our day times at the pool side at the Marvel and explored by night... Can't wait to go back again.

Ann x
Love and Laughter,

Ann & Rick

xx

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2007, 04:43:35 PM »
Hi Ann

We were at the Marvel the same time as you however don't think we met ,although we must have exchanged hello's  !!!!

It made me laugh your comment about the Captains as we were the same. We used to watch the place fill up from our balcony. Thinking it must be really good, but could not pluck up the courage to go as we also felt disloyal.

Glad you enjoyed your hol. Time to start planning the next one !!!!!

Pauline x

Offline tubedude

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Mines Mythos
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2007, 12:55:46 AM »
Hi there, my other half and I are going to Arillas early July with our little boy.

Can you recommend some traditional tavernas/restaurants and average cost of a meal (with wine of course).

We would also like to know if there are operators offering excursions, we would like to explore further afield as we are both interested in the history and culture.

Thanks for reading this

All the best

Nick, Marie and baby Alex

We were there earlier this year ( May(seems like months ago)) and found the Rainbow a really good place to eat, it's family run. Also the Captain - opposite was also very good and reasonably priced too.

Enjoy it - we did, next year we're going back with our young son.

Booking.com