Author Topic: Bardis Sun Studio  (Read 43134 times)

Offline Ivan

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2004, 09:32:26 PM »
:lol: Dimitris Prawn Saganaki is to die for! I can't wait until September
                                        Ivan

Offline Nichola

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2004, 05:30:12 PM »
Quote from: Driscoll
To Nichola.

We are staying at the Bardis Sun,in the Hotel,from the 13thAugust.We think you will love it.There are two pools that you can use both with bars.The bar at the hotel closes at about 6pm,so if you use the saftey deposit boxes get anything out before then.The bar next door stays open until 1pm and is a great place to have a last drink before going to bed.If you want later night life there is the Malibu and the Coconut that stay open until god knows when(our teenagers go there).There are loads of places to eat all of them good.We usually end up at Kostas on the beach and have yet to try the Brouklis,but have decided we will this time.Hope to meet you in person at some time during your stay.[/b]

Thanks for that. We are staying at the Hotel from the 17th, so we will be there at the same time as you :) I'm blonde and he's got v short dark hair and I'm from Yorkshire and he's from Wigan, so our accents should be pretty obvious! Can't wait to go, so excited about it now! I'm not a drinker, but my other half is, so thanks for the tips. Hope to see you there.

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2004, 02:28:41 PM »
Hi Ivan
Glad you agree with me about the prawn saganaki, Norm & Sandy got me onto it, in May I even had it as main course, ( bigger helping !!! )
are you going again this year ?

Paul/Deb5

Craig

Bardis Sun Appartments
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2004, 05:28:24 PM »
I dont understand these negative comments about the Bardis Sun, we stayed there 3 years ago for 2 weeks and never had any problems, it is good accomodation, in fact having stayed at 4 different places in Arillas I would say the only one I was happier with was the Brouklis taverna, which was easily the best. to be fair Corfu isnt everyones cup of tea but I think coming on and bad mouthing a place like that is a bit harsh, for one thing explain to me how you can be comfy in bed when its that hot? the pool, bar and the owners of the bardis sun were all great when we were there, spiros and poppy were really nice. so anyone reading this I wouldnt be put off going there by one person thinking they have a bad time.

Anonymous

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2004, 08:19:13 PM »
You have to remember that every one has their own opinion :roll: .And surely that is what this forum is for, :? so everyone can have their own say and they shouldnt get bad mouthed for it.  :D  (just my opinion :!:

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2004, 10:28:43 PM »
:lol:  8) Paul/Deb5,
                          Yes, we will, despite Thomson's best efforts otherwise, be in Arillas last week in Sept., first week in Oct.

Offline Lyndsaym

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2004, 01:36:52 PM »
Hi everyone, :D
I would just like to say don't let the bad comments put you off Bardis Sun.  Me and 5 mates were there from the 9th to 23rd of July and it was fantastic :lol:  although we were told that if we didn't keep the noise down we would be moved :evil: .  We ended up have 5 complaints in our first week.  This is due to the other people staying there being put of by us, but we just carried on (our travel agents fault for letting 6 young people stay).  But have to say our second week was fantastic, met a lot of people on the same wave lenght as us (up for a laugh).  Poppy, Spiros, Bobby and George were brillant (see ya next year :wink: ) and as for the nite life we spent all our time in Coconut.  Costas, Perry and Hana are lovely people (sorry for keeping you up all the time :lol: ).  If you want to stay out all nite Coconut is the place to go, we normally left about 6am in the morning and most times were still there when the cleaner came in (6.30am).  Anyway Siobhan is rite about the showers but only to a certain extent, the shower in our room didn't go everywhere, just outside the shower cubical (just put a towel down).

If anyone needs anymore info just ask!!! :wink:

Lyndsay :P
Can't wait til next year!!!

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2004, 04:11:18 PM »
Lyndsyam.
Glad you had a good time at the bardis sun.How were poppy and spiros.We are going on the 13th aug and can't wait till we are there again.

Offline Lyndsaym

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2004, 04:36:16 PM »
Driscoll

Poppy and Spiros are fantastic people and really really friendly.  we miss everyone so much.  but if everything goes to plan we will be back in september for a week.

Anyway enjoy your holiday

Lyndsay

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2004, 05:23:58 PM »
We have been there about 8 times now and it is like a magnet drawing you  back time and time again.Poppy,Spiros,Bobby and George are like family now.Did you meet Poppy's brother George.He was working in the kitchen at the sea breeze when we were there in May.He is a real character.Crossing the days off on the calender even though it won't be long now.Best wishes Lisa.

Offline Lyndsaym

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2004, 06:00:47 PM »
Hey Lisa,
Yeah i met George one morning, after being out all nite with another girl that we met up with over there. He is a real character, he kept me and the other girl going for ages.  Then every time i met him down the street he just laughed at us!!!!
I'm now starting to count the days!!!!

Lyndsay

Anonymous

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2004, 06:07:07 PM »
Poppy didn't tell us first that he was her brother he blurted it out.Think she was trying to keep it quite.We also have a daughter called George (Georgina) so whenever we shout her at the beach or anywhere loads of people turn round.We took George and her brother last year and they got told to be quiter a few times when they sat talking on the sunbeds by the pool.This year her other brother is coming with us they are 16 and 19 so there could be more noise.

Take care. Lisa

Anonymous

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2004, 03:55:00 PM »
Just Back from Bardis Sun, and I can see Siobhan's point. The showers are terrible and the beds uncomfortable. I say good for you Siobhan for being brave enough to write your comments, no matter how negative. I do agree that perhaps our expectations are too high, nevertheless you do expect certain things to work properly.

Also I don't think Poppy and Spiros knew our name, as someone else said earlier. Too be honest I wouldn't rush back and will defintly not stay in Bardis Sun.

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2004, 04:06:33 PM »
Hi Guest
Can i just ask was it the hotel or studios that you stayed in, because me and my partner are thinking of the studios but if thats the case i dont think we'll be going!!!!

Anonymous

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2004, 08:01:56 PM »
The accomodation at the Hotel is much better than the studios in my opinion which is why we choose to stay there.The showers are never that good in corfu and you just have to let the water run everywhere and drain away. As for poppy and spiros we have always found them helpful and friendly,and we don't even stay in their accomodation.

Booking.com