Author Topic: Bardis Sun Studio  (Read 43123 times)

Bardis Sun Studios
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2004, 10:02:34 PM »
We've just returned after spending 2 weeks at the Bardis Sun Studios and we were not impressed. The rooms are minute - smaller than any that we've ever seen in Greece - there is literally no room to swing a cat and we were contantly bangning our knees on the furniture - which was sparse and dated back to the 1960s! Be careful not to touch anything because it is likely to fall apart or give you an electric shock. The room was dirty and the curtain smelt of stale urine. So needless to say, we did not spend a great amount of time in our apartment! The balcony looked out onto the pool and although lacked any kind of privacy, it was quite convenient for us. The bar plays loud music until 1.00 pm, which wouldn't be so bad if it were not for the Irish soaks and their kids shouting loudly about what a good 'crack' they were having right outside our balcony until the early hours.

As for Poppy, Spiros and the family; they are lovely, very chatty and pleasant..... but their charm wears thin if you aren't prepared to spend all your euros at their bar.

The pool was lovely and usually quite quiet during the day. We could not fault its cleanliness. We had a lovely time relaxing on the sun beds.
The beach itself was very close, but was again a bit disappointing. Although very long in length, it is only about 3 metres wide. Much of the beach was covered in large pebbles, which although very beautiful, were too uncomfortable to sit on. Most of the spare beach is taken up by sunbeds, so there is little beach left if you just want to lay on your towel. We found the beach to be very dirty, although it had won awards for its cleanliness. There were cigarette butts and rubbish on the sand and in the sea and a disgusting stench of sewerage along much of it. It was not a pleasant place to spend a lot of time. Admittedly, the swimming was good when the sea was calm. The sea is gently shelving, warm and free of jelly fish. We enjoyed snorkelling around some rocks, but found that there seemed to be no restrictions on where the speedboats and other sports were allowed to go making swimming far out very dangerous.

We prefered to hire a scooter out and travel to nicer beaches further along the coast, such as Agios Georgios and Agios Stefanas. There is only one place in Arillas where you can hire scooters, 'Arkokal Travel'. We would not reccommend hiring anything or booking any trips with this company because they are extremely unprofessional and definitely 'on the scam'. It is probaly better to make your way to one of the larger resorts if you want to do this, or book things through your travel company.

We travelled with Thomson, which we thought would be reliable, but were very disappointed with the quality of their accommodation. We payed a lot of money to travel with them but will definitely not be doing so again. We have travelled with companies such as Manos, Kosmar and Unijet in the past and have paid less for much better accommodation.

Don't get me wrong. We still had a wonderful holiday in Corfu. the weather was great, company superb and we made the best of it. Corfu is an amazing island and I would love to return. The restaurants in Arillas are very dependable and we had lovely meals every evening. We found the Chinese restaurant, 'The Wok' to be good value for money and the cuisine as good, if not better, than any Chinese back home. We have travelled to Greece many times and have not got unrealistic expectations of the Greek Islands. We expected things to be basic. It's quaint and part of the charm of the country and one of the reasons that we continue to return each year. What we were unprepared for was the standard of accommodation that we found at the Bardis Sun Studios and the dirtiness of the beach in Arillas.

I find it shocking that a place that depends so much on the money brought in by tourists is doing very little to attract new and returning visitors. The Bardis Sun is in desperate need of renervation. Just some white paint, new bedding and a new cleaner would be a start! Arillas must spend some money cleaning up their beach if they want to continue to attract tourists.

I may sound like a whinging discontent, but I think that it is about time that people actually spoke the truth so that people know what to expect before they go on holiday. It's bad enough the travel companies spouting bull shit in their brochures without people on forums, designed to inform people and give the tourists perspective, not telling the whole truth.

I am sure that many people will disagree with this post, but I am simply giving MY OPINION about MY HOLIDAY which will hopefully inform people better before they book or go away.  I would rather someone had told me the truth or a more honest opinion before I booked.

Offline Ivan

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2004, 11:35:41 PM »
8) A number of comments:
      1 I give more credence to a post supported by a name rather than the anonymity of "guest"
      2 Did you mention these points to your Thomson rep.? If so what was the response? and if not, why not?
      3 Ihave to say these comments do not reflect what we have found in Arillas, however we are booked for the Bardis sun studios in September so, as you can imagine we are taking a close interest in this subject.
                           Ivan

Anonymous

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2004, 09:38:53 AM »
We fly out to the Bardis sun hotel today so will give MY OPINION on MY HOLIDAY when we return.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2004, 10:44:58 AM »
I have not stayed in the Bardis Sun hotel so I cannot express and opinion on it, but I have to disagree with you regarding the beach.

O.k so it is on the narrow side, I was surprised myself when I first visited Arillas, but I cannot agree in regards to the cleanliness.  I was on the beach in May and also, late June/early July, both times with my very young grandson and I had no hesitations about him playing on the sand.  I return in September so it will be interesting to see if there has been any deterioration in the cleanliness of the beach since my last visit.

Contrary to what you say regarding returning tourists, Arillas has a very large amount of returning visitors so it must be getting something right to achieve this.

No holiday destination can get everything right for everybody, perhaps your disappointment in the Bardis Sun Hotel heightened your awareness of all that was wrong in Arillas for YOU.

Eileen

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2004, 10:46:51 AM »
8) Hi other? guest,
                         I'll look forward to your opinon-Are you travelling with Thomson?
           Ivan
 PS I really hope you enjoy your holiday!

Anonymous

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2004, 01:26:30 PM »
Hi Ivan.

Yes we are travelling with Thomson as we have done many times before.Now doing all the last minute checks and packing.The taxi will be here at half past one so no going back now.

Marie Gibbon

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2004, 02:32:49 PM »
unlike some i am not afraid to put MY NAME along with MY POST!!!
   all i have to say is fine that is YOUR OPINION for YOUR HOLIDAY but i think that you will find that what other people have put on this forum is not 'bull s**t' but infact what they thought of THEIR HOLIDAY and if they had a good time then they had a good time just because YOUR HOLIDAY wasnt as perfect as some of ours you dont have the right to say that people on this forum are not telling the truth about the place!!

there are other places that you can rent scooters from, maybe you should of looked around and asked at other places instead of going to the only place that had scooters parked outside, i no for a fact that you can rent scooters from anna (arillas rent a car) as my friends did when we were there in july and as this was only 3weeks ago im pretty sure that they would of still rented them out while you was there if you have only just returned!!!!!!!!!!!

for the part that you have wrote about not doing anything to attract new and returning visitors what do you want the village to do advertise all over english television, it is a small village there isnt much more that can be done there people go for a quiet relaxing holiday what would you like to see a theme park built on the egde of the arillas?????? most people on this forum return to arillas once or twice every year and i think that you will find most new people visiting arillas will return at another point in there life!!!

in MY OPINION it seems YOU are the one who is not telling the truth, in my 3years of travelling to arillas in which i will continue to do so i have not once thought that the beach was dirty and not clean i have never seen litter over the sand!! yes it has won the blue flag award on a number of occassions and im pretty sure that they dont give this out to DIRTY BEACHES!!!!!!!!!! also if you had walked down the far end of the beach you would of found that the beach was not taken up by spare sunbeds!

Marie.

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2004, 02:52:33 PM »
8) Marie,
            A case of different strokes for different folks? You can look forward to an opinion on the Bardis from someone who appreciates what Arillas, and what I call Real Greece, has to offer when I come back in October after two weeks in the Bardis Studios.
            What we have to realise is that not everyone will enjoy a holiday in Arillas. This does not mean that there is anything wrong with Arillas or the people. Very possibly the very reasons we like Arillas are the reasons some people dislike it. Enough rambling,
                                      Regards,
                                                 Ivan

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2004, 12:03:55 AM »
8) PS
        Yes Anna can rent scooters AND motorbikes- I got an XT600 from there a while ago and it was nearly new and in good shape
                                   Ivan

Anonymous

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2004, 12:55:43 AM »
i thing is someone else beside all this is not nice at all .
If any one doesnt like here  DONT come back please we want peach in arillas.
ps try to enjoy your selfs and then everything is so nice but you are not happy at all so please dont come back we spend a lot of hours to see your comments about arillas and is not nice.
dont try to make the place s.....
ps in arillas you find everything!

Anonymous

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2004, 12:57:28 AM »
sorry net time i put my name on that if you can you do that also
Quote from: Anonymous
i thing is someone else beside all this is not nice at all .
If any one doesnt like here  DONT come back please we want peach in arillas.
ps try to enjoy your selfs and then everything is so nice but you are not happy at all so please dont come back we spend a lot of hours to see your comments about arillas and is not nice.
dont try to make the place s.....
ps in arillas you find everything!

Marie Gibbon

Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2004, 05:59:05 PM »
:D  thanks Ivan i look forward to hearing your comments about the Bardis sun i have never stayed there!!
love marie xxx

Offline Nichola

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2004, 02:17:54 PM »
Me and the boyfriend leave early tuesday morning for Arillas and the Bardis Sun Hotel, and I shall be happy to give my opinion on the place. I've never been to Arillas before, never been to Corfu before. Nearest I've been is Halkidiki on the mainland back in 2001. I'm hoping to have a lovely time, and as others have said, not everyone likes the same thing. Life would be boring if we did!
Let you know what it's like when we get back.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2004, 02:30:56 PM »
Nichola,

You and your boyfriend have a great holiday  :D and we'll all look forward to your review on your return.

Eileenx

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Bardis Sun Studio
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2004, 05:12:00 PM »
I have just read the long post from Guest.I would not travel with Thompson's,they now charge for everything,window seat onthe plane,food on the plane,transfers,who wants to pay £10 each to sit on a coach for upto 3 hrs.Thompson's say it to give you choise and to keep down the cost,but they are dearer than Manos ect.We have been coming to Arillas for the last 6 or 7 years and the bardis sun is not one of the hotel/apartments i would want to use.The beach is clean in May when we come,if you disregard the oil.The cigarete ends on the beach are all down to the dirty habits of the Holiday makers themselves(its only them that put them out in the sand and leave them there)I would think it is like sunbathing in a gaint Ash tray,this is a problem on any beach though.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Booking.com