Author Topic: first timer  (Read 4161 times)

Offline roger

first timer
« on: July 21, 2004, 12:56:37 PM »
This will be my first holiday for many years.Arilla selected by my daughter. iam male 62, i shall be be travelling alone. not sure what to expect except sunshine. Can anyone enlighten me as to what to expect?

Offline Aly

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
first timer
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 01:07:53 PM »
Hi Roger, Arillas can be everything you want it to be.  It is quiet and relaxing with stunning views, but there is a limited number of bars which cater for those who like TV, music etc.  There is lovely walks around the vicinity and walks along the busier beaches to quiet places and plenty of eateries to cater for everyones taste.  Its up to you - the choice is yours.

Once you get through the hustle and bustle of Kerkyra Airport, within a few mins out of Corfu town, are stunning views and it just gets better the more remote you travel north.

Me personally can't promote Arillas enough to the singleton traveller and I have always felt comfortable here -  and I'm on my 3rd visit next month - the 2nd time this year!

I am sure you will have a lovely time and if you pop into Brouklis Taverna, I am sure Dimitris will give you a host of information about the resort.

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
first timer
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 08:35:09 PM »
Hi Roger
Totally agree with Aly, I couldn't describe it any other way. The choice is varied, you have it quiet, a couple of music bars, plenty of Tavernas with lots of choices nice to relax and have conversations with the locals over plenty of drink and never worrying what time it is. You will find all the people friendly & pleasant no matter what age you are, like me !!!!
Lots of walking, try the Heritage walk that Dimitris has put on the Forum,
rather than rabbit on !! which you do once you've been to Arillas? we go at least twice a year !!!!!
 Scroll through the Forum Topics & see what everyone says?
If there is anything you want to ask ? just ask.......................

Regards      Paul/Deb5

mo

first timer
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 04:45:10 PM »
Whether you are single or like we were, a group of 9 it makes no difference. Locals and holiday makers alike were friendly. There is no trouble at Arillas.
The best thing to do is just talk to people at the next table when you are out and about. There is loads of time for naps in the afternoon when its too hot!
As you can see by the forum, most people have had a great time. Many of the visitors come back year after year, because they know they have found a gem in this place.

Its laid back and relaxing, not like some of the big resorts................. watch the mosquitoes though, they are rampant this year, if you know you get bitten then take some spray/lotion.

have a great time.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
first timer
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 08:49:19 PM »
It's all true,though i have been trying to keep it a secret for years.Arillas is that sort of place.I dont know what it's like this time of the year as we always go the beginning of May.we see the same face's every time we go,it's really friendly
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Booking.com