Author Topic: Arillas "Regular Visitor" membergroup  (Read 272568 times)

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
Re: Arillas "Regular Visitor" membergroup
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2007, 12:31:00 PM »
Hehe the first time we went to arillas I had green hair (of my own choosing :P) and then we went back a few months later and it was blue. The first thing dimitris said when I walked in to the taverna was "ahh new hair" hehe.

It is true though - blue hair makes my eyes lok even bluer lol

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2007, 12:37:30 PM »
Joe

Nicks brother is called George

mick

Thank you :)

Offline Joe

• Forum Fanatic
    • Thomas Cook Airlines
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2007, 12:46:06 PM »
I am now seriously considering a career in the travel industry as you have just hit on the biggest perk of all. .

In all honesty we do have some of the best perks of any industry (almost makes up for the lousy wage). Discounts apply across the boards from flights to Holidays to Hotels. Ones I have seen recently are:

£99 return flights Heathrow-New York, all taxes included
£8 per night ultra all-inclusive resort in Cancun
£300 return to New Zealand!!!!!!!!!!
Free airport parking and travel insurance

but of course the ability to get out to see my Mum is the most important one, I think getting the job with Thomas Cook was the final push she needed to move out there knowing I could get out quite regularly.

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2007, 12:52:44 PM »

...but of course the ability to get out to see my Mum is the most important one, I think getting the job with Thomas Cook was the final push she needed to move out there knowing I could get out quite regularly.

Us mums are all the same Joe, it does not matter what age our kids are we still need to make sure they are all sorted before we can move on!  Which is unlike you kids who fly the nest without a backward glance...but hey that's the way it should be :-)

Eileenxx

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2007, 05:31:04 PM »
Stop it now Joe, youre making everyone jealous, £99 to NY, my goodness!!

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2007, 09:09:16 PM »
That's lovely, the main thing being to get to see your Mum regularly.  Now I really am impressed with you.  I hope she reads this, she'll be really proud.

You are right about Thalassa, the food is amazing.  We kept going back, we just couldn't resist trying another dish off the menu, then another, and so on!

You were sat at the back near the serving hatch.  With your back to the rear plastic door, if my memory serves me right.  We were the next row along and a table in front.  You wouldn't have a clue I am sure.

Next time we will definitely say hi.

Best Regards, Wendy.

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2007, 02:16:22 AM »
Finding Arillas was all down to my obsession with sport!!  Roy and I watched wall to wall Olympics from Athens in August 2004 and decided it would be a good place to visit.  Obviously other people had the same idea as we had a terrible time trawling the internet and travel agents with no success.  Finally we remembered a leaflet that had come with the bank statement and phoned the number.  Turned out to be Thomas Cook who had just taken on two properties in Arillas that weren't in the brochures - the choice was Hotel Marvellous "with a pool" or Hotel Akti Arilla "without a pool". With Thomas Cook still on the phone, Roy phoned me on his mobile and we chose the Marvel(lous).

I am a terrible "need to know" person and searched the net for anything I could find about Arillas, instantly finding the website and reading all there was.  We had many friends who had been visiting Greece (usually always the same place) for years and years, but somehow their enthusiasm and the Shirley Valentine appeal had never quite won me over.  To be absolutely honest I think it was the "paper in the bin and not down the loo" that left me a little non-plussed!!

We had a late night flight and a THREE HOUR coach trip in the dark and finally, the rep having disembarked in Sidari leaving us sitting alone on the 42 seater, we arrived at the Marvellous at around 6am.  We fell into bed with "breakfast finishes at 10am" ringing in our ears!  And this is how the obsession with Arillas began in September 2004!
As soon as we got home we booked two more holidays at the Marvel in 2005, enthusing some friends sufficiently for them to join us on one.  We managed to squeeze in another visit in 2005 and stayed the very last week of the season at Brouklis.  2006 took us to Irene Villas for two weeks in June and two weeks at the Bardis Sun Studios in August.  2007 has produced a short visit in February for a certain wedding and the two weeks we have just had at Irene Villas with a final visit booked for Irene Villas in September.  A total of 9 visits in 36 months, but it feels more like home than home and there isn't a day that goes by without my longing to be back.
I took a photo of the view from the balcony at Irene Villas last Friday and, as I sit facing the window at work, I stuck a very large copy of the photo on the window and now I can imagine I am sitting on the balcony doing my work on the computer!!

The world is a big place and must contain many morsels of paradise, but I need look no further.  I have fallen truly, madly, deeply in love with the place and people of Arillas!
Fiona

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2007, 12:40:18 PM »
That was a lovely post Fiona, i really like the idea of sticking a copy of the picture up so you can imagine youre there!!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2007, 12:43:20 PM »
That was a lovely post Fiona,

I agree Clare...a lovely post from a lovely lady. :-)

Eileenx

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2007, 04:19:05 PM »
I enjoyed reading that, got yout text this morning so pleased the floods havent got you. Only another couple of years Fiona and then you will be able to live your dream, Love Viv& Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2007, 09:43:50 PM »
Thanks Clare, Eileen and Viv for your kind words.  It was fun to write and I'm so pleased with my Regular Visitor badge!!
FIona

Offline Joyce

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2007, 11:47:03 PM »
Hi Dimitris,

Sandy "dragged" mysef and my daughter to Arillas six months after my husband died in 2003 - so my first visit was August 2003  - wasn't sure whether or not I liked it so decided to give it another try in ............ May 04, August 04, Oct 04, May 05,June 05, August 05, October 05, May 06, June 06, August 06, October 06, May 07!  Think I can say now - I love it!!!!!

Next visit will be in August - and :

Sandy - it was the best thing you ever did for me x

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2007, 11:54:52 PM »
Welcome M n M. Enjoy, and I`m sure you`ll find all the info you need on  here.
Lindypops.

Offline Janina C

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2007, 08:29:22 PM »
SIX times for us and hopefully seven if we can get back before the end of the season.
We only wish we had found it earlier. We have visited Corfu nearly every year since 1986.

Janina
Janina

Offline Bet

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2007, 09:02:24 PM »
We first visited Arilas in 1996 for two weeks  returning 1999, 2000 and 2001 for two weeks in June
Since 2002 we have managed to return to Arilas twice each year June for four weeks and September for two weeks, however this year we had 3 weeks in June and will return 24th August for 4 weeks
We have made some lovely friends and never get tired of the beach the scenery and the walks to Afionas or Agios Stefanos, but most of all we love the family that look after us , the Bardis family at the Gratziella

Booking.com