Author Topic: ONLINE PHOTO GALLERY  (Read 6350 times)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
ONLINE PHOTO GALLERY
« on: July 25, 2004, 01:28:52 PM »
Dear friends of Arillas,

some weeks ago I have managed to install a site where you can upload your own holiday pictures to our website,
I' not so sure if I will keep it But i said that i will give it a try and send it to all of our forum users to see what they think.
It is very important to keep this page serious and appropriate like the whole content of our website, SO PLEASE OBEY THE TERMS OF USE OF THIS SITE
PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY OLD PICTURES OF ARILLAS I WOULD BE REALLY HAPPY TO SEE THEM ON THIS PAGE.
SUNSETS ARE VERY WELCOME TO BE ADDED AS WELL AS PICTURES OF THE LOCAL NATURE

I'M SURE THAT YOU WILL NOT KEEP ME BUSY DELETING AWFUL PHOTOS
YOU KNOW THAT I HAVE OTHER THINKS TO DO TOO.

YOU WILL FIND THIS SITE HERE      http://www.wishingwell.gr/photogallery
Have fun!

Dimitris

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
ONLINE PHOTO GALLERY
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 01:47:23 PM »
I have just looked at the online photo albums,what great photo's they make me green with envy and give me a longing to get back to Arillas asap
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
ONLINE PHOTO GALLERY
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 02:38:09 PM »
Hi Dimitris,
Well done, I don't know where you find the time to sort these things out?
I am trying to work out how to submit photos onto the site, and I've just registered again which i thought you had to, to get in ? so if you see my registration come up again ? you know why!!!!!!!!!!!
We have got some good photos ( I think ) for you ! do you prefer landscapes & sunsets rather than people ? like me!!

Regards    Paul/Deb5

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
ONLINE PHOTO GALLERY
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 02:40:46 PM »
Quote from: Paul/Deb5
Hi Dimitris,

We have got some good photos ( I think ) for you ! do you prefer landscapes & sunsets rather than people ? like me!!

Regards    Paul/Deb5

Hi Paul,

Sunsets and landscapes is What the online photo gallery is ment to be

ciao,

Dimitris :D  :shock:  :arrow:  :wink:
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
SUNSETS, SUNSETS AND MORE SUNSETS (and landscapes)
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 07:14:23 PM »
Hi Dimitris, I have lots of piccies I took last month, but cant quite fathom out how to put them on to this site  :?

Offline killie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • Cramond Angling Club
ONLINE PHOTO GALLERY
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 09:38:26 PM »
Hi Aly

For some reason I can't get a link to a post I made earlier so I've pasted the  message here. hope it helps.

Quote from: killie
Quote from: Paul/Deb5
Hi Maggie & Killie
Likewise I am a bit of an amateur myself but gradually getting my head around some of it ?? technology go's too fast and is hard to keep up!!!!!
It looks like that Killie might be a bit of an expert ?? he's come up with some good ideas and ways to do things

Perhaps Killie can put me right on this one :- What if we sent a photo by e-mail to Dimitris and he can put them on a file under' Forum users' like he has done with the Arillas photos????????.

regards    Paul/Deb5

No problem , it can be done but its extra work for Dinitris as he has to upload the picture to his host server which this board is run from. I assume he has limited amount of webspace only and of course this is costing him money to run, after all its is a  hobby for him.

A solution to save on his space would be for members to upload their pics to a place like www.photobucket.com, when the photo is uploaded it returns a very small line of code which can then be pasted into the forum.
Hopefully then the pic would show as per normal without using any of Dimitris's webspace or valuable bandwidth. Photos posted should be resized to no larger than 600x450 pixels preferably less to 400x300, this is so that it will fit on the page without having to scroll.
If anyone has a problem on resizing pic just ask on how to do it.

I am going to try posting a pic with this post to see if it works, I don't know if this type of board accepts it, if not all you will see is a url and numbers.

Booking.com