Author Topic: Cigarettes  (Read 6128 times)

imc

Cigarettes
« on: July 26, 2004, 09:13:55 PM »
Hi everyone

can anyone tell me how much cigarettes are and how much you are allowed to bring back, as i am looking to buy 2 cartons, 200 richmond king size menthol, and 2 cartons,200 Club King size, 2 cartons, golden virginia tobacco all information will be welcome and what currency do you use, i think it used to be drachma dont know what it is now but that should how long i havent been on holiday. lol

bye for now

ian

keep smiling

:)

Be Happy

Anonymous

Cigarettes
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 09:53:45 PM »
50 grams tobacco £4.00 last year.not sure with the fags cant remember.They use the euro in Greece.Cant sell any cheaper its a price set by the goverment.I dont think you can get any duty free in a british airport either you have to wait until your on your way home in a greek airport.Hope im right......happy hols

Anonymous

Cigarettes
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 10:31:30 PM »
i have just got back and you can bring as many as you can carry as long as it is for your own consumption :wink:
most ciggaretts cost around £17 / €27 golden virginia was €55 i think i cant remember, it was aroung that price!

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Cigarettes
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 11:06:26 PM »
When we went in may this year we paid about 55 euros for a pack of 10 50g pouches  of golden virginia.Expect it will still be the same now.

Offline Lyndsaym

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Cigarettes
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 12:19:15 PM »
Hi Ian,
I'm just back from arilas last friday :(  (wish i was still there, missing everyone loads), not sure the price of the fags you are looking for, but i know all the lambert & butler were €25 for 200, and as for the amount to bring home, you can bring up to 3200 cigarettes :D (happy days)!!!

Hope this helps

Lyndsay
Can't wait til next year!!!

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Cigarettes
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2004, 06:20:26 PM »
Hi Ian,
Lyndsays right on amount to bring back but you can add tobacco to that as well ,can't remember how many, anyway all cigs & tobacco are about half price to 'rip off Britain'  :!:  :!:
 BUT I found a decent cig ,that is its similar to Marlboro and its the Greek make called 'Leader' in a red or blue pack, the red pack is definatley better ,and the cost is just ONE EURO :!:  :!: per pack of 20, and if you don't take alot home that means you have to go back sooner to get some more  :D

Regards    Paul/Deb5

imcc

Thanks
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 11:36:41 PM »
Hi

Thanks for all the informatin guys, but can anyone tell me what kind of travellers cheque  we can use in greece as in arrilas what ones do i take with me as there are all different types and was wondering what ones are best to get exchanged in arillas thanks again or does it not matter

bye for now

ian

Booking.com