Author Topic: Thanks......  (Read 2024 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Thanks......
« on: June 26, 2007, 04:44:15 PM »
My wife and I are  going to Arillas for the first time, next Monday (2nd July) and I just need to thank everyone who has contributed to this forum. I think I have found out everything I need to know. I have a map of the village, so I know where to find the Horizon Hotel, where I am staying.  I even know how to drive to Arillas from the Airport, thanks to Harolds directions. I know about the favourite meals and restaurants, where to get money (ATM), where to find shops, and lots more.

Best of all I get the feeling that this forum reflects the true character of Arillas.... that it is a wonderful place to stay. I can even see "live" webcam images from the place I am staying at. Oh, the wonders of technology.

Isn't this so very different to holidays a decade ago when you could only find things out from travel agents or friends, before you started your holiday.

I have been going to Kefalonia for the last seven years so it will be nice to have a change and I think that I have found the ideal resort in Corfu.

I hope I can contribute some useful information to the forum after the holiday.

Thanks again and roll on Monday

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
Re: Thanks......
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 04:57:42 PM »
Have a fabulous time Terry. I'm sure that the Horizon will not disappoint, lovely owners, accommodation and fabulous food/ambience.  When you drive down to the seafront it will take your breath away, guaranteed! Make sure you tell us all about it onyour return!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 05:03:00 PM »
Hi Terry, i bet Monday cant come quick enough ay :-) !

Well we all know you will have a fab time, just relax and enjoy Arillas' charm, you will get drawn in too!

We all look forward to your posts on your return letting us know your views and holiday experience.

Have a fantastic holiday!

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 05:29:09 PM »
Hi Terry - we didn't stay at the Horizon but had lunch there several times. Try the home made beef burgers with a glass (or three) of nice cold mythos! It's a great location as well.
Have a super holiday - it was our first holiday to Arillas in May and it will NOT be our last.
Janis

Offline Fiona

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 10:10:09 PM »
Hi Terry - delighted to read that the Forum has been useful to you.  You will love the Horizon - there's even a lift for when you've had a hard night on the Amstel/Mythos and their fabulous cocktails!!  Food is great as has already been mentioned and I think they have two live music evenings a week now.
Of course you will have already seen the view as the "Last 12 shots" are taken from the roof of the Horizon.
Have a wonderful holiday and tell us all about it when you get back.
Fiona

Booking.com