Author Topic: A bit more travel advise please  (Read 6568 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
A bit more travel advise please
« on: June 27, 2007, 11:27:41 AM »
I am not sure of the route  from the airport to the road to Sadari out of Corfu town . I have a copy of Harolds directions from the Ferry Port to Arillas, but I am a bit unsure of how to get onto the dual carriageway he mentions that is sign posted to Sadari.

I have looked at the map and I could aim for Corfu Town and just follow the road along the sea front and hence past the Ferry Port, or is there a shorter route that bypasses Corfu Town?

Thanks

Terryw

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: A bit more travel advise please
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 12:12:35 PM »
Hi Terry,

There is a short cut that misses out the town, but really it is too complicated to explain.

The easiest way is really to turn right when you leave the airport (there is a sign for Centre & Port).  Continue until you have the sea directly in front of you. Turn left here, keep on this road with the sea on your right side.  Follow the signs for the Port, you will come onto a one-way system passing through arches. Continuing through the arches eventually takes you past the Ferry port on your right , the Fort is on your left.

Keep on this road until you see this sign for the dual carriageway...

Turn right at this sign and continue on for approximately (!) 10 klms until you see this overhead sign....

And here is it in close up....

Turn right as indicated for the Sidari road.

You have Harolds directions from there to Arillas, but if there is anything else I can help with just ask.

I hope the above directions have not confused you more.

Eileenx

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 01:02:14 PM »
Wow Eileen where did you get those photos from?

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 02:30:10 PM »
Wow !!! Thanks Eileen, that is really useful information, and the pics are great.

I love taking videos and pictures of journeys myself, as I think that actual photographs of  signposts or  landmarks are better than a map.

Do you realise that it was you, who helped me to decide to go to Arillas. I spoke to you one night in February, about Villa Linakis and your comments and stories about Arillas and The Horizon Hotel made me book the holiday the following day.

I think I owe you a Mythos or two. Thanks again.

I do have a few videos on Youtube of holiday travel. Here are two of them

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 02:41:23 PM »
A gold star and 10 points to you Eileen cos i think you win the title of 'Most Helpful Person on the Forum'!!!!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 03:16:21 PM »
Hi Terry,

I'm so glad to have helped you make your mind up :-) ...I think I remember who you are...not that I'm used to strange men calling me!

I will take you up on your Mythos or two...not this time...but no doubt you will be back!!!

Your videos on Youtube are different from the usual holiday films...I notice you don't have any of the return journey...was that because you were so down in the dumps at the thought of it? :-(

Thanks for your comments Shuey and Claire...honestly I don't usually go around hanging out of car windows taking photos of road signs!!  A good many of our guests are first-time visitors to Arillas and ask for directions.  I decided to put together detailed directions including photos of significant road signs/landmarks etc...LOL...but well you knoooowww....I've still not got around to putting it all together.  Oh, and I've still to take a photo of the turn off at Agros, thats the bit thats easily missed and confuses a lot peeps.  I usually tell them to look out on the left for the grocers shop with it's colourfull display of fruit and veg on the pavement!...it usually works :-)

Eileenxx

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 03:38:47 PM »
What a brilliant way of giving directions, Eileen! Well done! Wonder if Dimitris could add a link to this website giving directions and adding photos?

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 02:12:00 AM »
You've done it again Eileen!!!!!!
Sandy x

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 11:23:52 AM »
This topic will take you back a bit Terry!
I'm trying to find Harolds directions from the port to Arillas, but I can't find them. Can someone guide me to the right place to look please or provide a link.
Many thanks,

Sara

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 12:54:56 PM »
Oooh great stuff - this is really usefull for us too.
It's the first time we're going to attempt driving from the airport ! Great stuff :D

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 01:26:00 PM »
Cheers Terry,  March 4th, 2005!!!! No wonder I couldn't find it.  I'm sure it will help a lot of other visitors too.

Sara

Offline iluvsangeorge

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • About Agios Georgios
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 03:42:49 PM »

Oh, and I've still to take a photo of the turn off at Agros, thats the bit thats easily missed and confuses a lot peeps.  I usually tell them to look out on the left for the grocers shop with it's colourfull display of fruit and veg on the pavement!...it usually works :-)

Are these any use Eileen ?

Dennis

Booking.com