Author Topic: CAR HIRE  (Read 19354 times)

Anonymous

CAR HIRE
« on: July 27, 2004, 06:20:15 PM »
hello everyone this is the 2nd time I've tried to post this,hopefully it'll work this time.Can anyone give me advice on the best car hire company in Arillas?I just want to get the best deal!!!I'm going in October so when would be best to book it?

Maggie1

CAR HIRE
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 11:14:11 PM »
Hi, If your'e travelling to Arillas by coach from the airport, then you can organise car hire when you arrive in Arillas. You'll easily find out all you want to know. I would suppose that if you really want to do it in advance, though, you should check elsewhere on the forum posts, as there was a conversation about this a while back. I'm sure someone will come on to tell you more about it. I just don't like to think somebodys questions go unanswered! Have a great holiday. Maggie. :wink:

Offline Anna (anna-studios)

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • http://www.arillascars.com
Re: CAR HIRE
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 01:11:07 AM »
hi
i think is too early for that but just to give you an idea the cost you in october 85 euro for 3 days all included  full insurance and tax not more

regards
Anna

Quote from: Anonymous
hello everyone this is the 2nd time I've tried to post this,hopefully it'll work this time.Can anyone give me advice on the best car hire company in Arillas?I just want to get the best deal!!!I'm going in October so when would be best to book it?

judith

CAR HIRE
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 11:49:26 AM »
Hi Anna,I have been told contact you to get a price,so thank you for replying!I will get in touch at a later date to arrange car hire for October. :lol:

Thanks for your help also Maggie! :lol:

Anonymous

car hire
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 11:56:04 AM »
try Top car they are giving very good rates.they do have a web site but i dont have the address to hand.

Anonymous

CAR HIRE
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 06:29:03 PM »
I can recommend car hire from Anna, we hired a car for 3 days with no problems at all.
Elaine

anna

CAR HIRE
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 01:04:21 AM »
see you in october and wish we have a good whether so you enjoy your stay like elaine and so many visitors they been here 8)
love
Anna
 ps sorry if my writing is not so good!! :(

Quote from: judith
Hi Anna,I have been told contact you to get a price,so thank you for replying!I will get in touch at a later date to arrange car hire for October. :lol:

Thanks for your help also Maggie! :lol:

judith

holiday cancelled
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2004, 06:23:55 PM »
Hi Anna,I just wanted to let you know that my holiday to Arillas has been cancelled by the tour operator as they say they cannot fill the flights from belfast to corfu :cry: .I'm really upset that I won't be visiting this year but I plan to try and get there next year.I just wanted to thank you for your help regarding my questions about car hire  :D and I'm sorry I won't get to meet you and do business with you.

Offline Ivan

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
CAR HIRE
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2004, 09:33:45 PM »
Judith,
         that happened us with Thomson (look under "Angry" in the Forum) and they transfered our booking to Glasgow and gave £100 compensation which paid for 2 easyjet and a night in a hotel at Glasgow airport! Go for it !
        If you want any more info drop me a mail,
                                   Ivan

anna

Re: holiday cancelled
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2004, 10:49:46 PM »
hi
why you dont come here private ?
you will find many accomadation to stay (even in my house)at october the think is to find good deal at the flight tickets! 8)  :wink:

Quote from: judith
Hi Anna,I just wanted to let you know that my holiday to Arillas has been cancelled by the tour operator as they say they cannot fill the flights from belfast to corfu :cry: .I'm really upset that I won't be visiting this year but I plan to try and get there next year.I just wanted to thank you for your help regarding my questions about car hire  :D and I'm sorry I won't get to meet you and do business with you.

judith

CAR HIRE
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2004, 02:17:04 PM »
Hi Ivan,it was Thomson who cancelled our holiday and we booked eight months ago and only had two months to wait!!They told us that they have pulled all flights from Belfast in October time as they can't fill them.When I went to Lunn Poly to sort it,we were offered a full refund but we got the holiday at a bargain price so wasn't worth it.I suggested flying from Glasgow as I have a friend who works at P&O who could get discount for trip over,but prices were coming up at over £600!!We didn't even think of Easy Jet to be honest,as we were still pretty stunned when they offered us a holiday to Ibiza instead.We felt that we had no choice but to accept this holiday if we wanted to get away this year.The extra on this holiday was paid by thomson,but we only were offered £25 per person,so I doubt we could've even got a flight as cheap as that out.I'm goging to complain to Thomson-I was so prepared to go see Arillas and I had researched it so much!!Its just not fair-also this holiday to Ibiza rips us off a day of our holiday due to travelling times. :cry: Ivan if you have any advice for this whole situation,I'd gladly like to here!!
Hi Anna,I can't afford to get the flights over to Arillas independantly this year,but I will definitely try for next year.If you read above,I was pressured into taking another holiday as the prices for Corfu flying from Glagow were so expensive.I'm still disappointed by it but I'm trying to look forward to my new holiday now,even though Ibiza is not my ideal place at all!!

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
CAR HIRE
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2004, 04:36:17 PM »
Hi Judith,
sorry to hear about your problems ! Thompson seem to do this often,
anyway make the best of what you got for now, but its a shame you didn't come on to the Forum before because there is an abundance of info regarding everything in Arillas, there is a web site for late deals and cancellations that Eileen had put on, I'll find it later if you need it?
Ivan had the same thing , he'll tell you the best to do, if its to late now? make sure you ask all of us on Forum next time.
We go twice a year now ,have been for last 4 years.
Best of Luck.

Paul/Deb5

judith

CAR HIRE
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2004, 05:12:22 PM »
I know I would've been straight into the forum except for the fact I'm currently moving out of my parents house and I was in my own house at the time which has no internet connection!! :evil: It was the first thing I said to my partner! :lol: But I felt that I didn't have many options,I was maybe made to feel this way just so I'd agree to another holiday by Lunn Poly,I don't know.I wish I could get away twice a year,but I'm still a student so no chance of that for a while!! :roll: Unfortunately we have agreed to this other holiday now,so we'll go and anyways I guess its good to see another place.But we have definitely decided to go to Arillas next year and I will try to book this independantly.I'll let you know how it goes closer to booking time.I'm sure I'll need more advice then!! :oops:  :lol:

judith

CAR HIRE
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2004, 11:52:59 PM »
Thanks Dimitris for finding those holidays for me,but unfortunately my boyfriend has booked off work for the first week in October and probably won't be able to change that,but I ask him to just make sure.They are good offers though on the holidays,reasonable prices!!If I don't make it this year,I'll definitely make it next year.I was looking forward to visiting your taverna to sample some delicious food!!

Booking.com