Author Topic: Weather in Arillas  (Read 37008 times)

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Weather in Arillas
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2007, 10:45:58 PM »
Good to see Litsa`s got all those guys under control!
Lindypops.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2007, 10:48:13 AM »
It.s completly mad aint it. Floods here water everywhere but none to drink. All services off. Heatwaves there power cuts all the time, worried about the water. Hecky thump. Im so pleased noe that im at the top of this big hill, not far of a mountain even though we havent got any buses that come up, feel so sorry for all the other's though including you lot out there. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2007, 12:15:16 PM »
It's bizzarre isn't it. Extreme heat in easter Europe and I'm sat in my office freezing my butt off, watching the rain pour outside.
It's like something from a disaster movie !

Offline mille

Is the heat Wave over?
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 12:45:39 PM »
Hi forum
Aren’t it a little become a little more “cool” Is the heat wave over for this time? My family arrive tomorrow so I look forward to more normal temp.

Best Regards to the forum    Carsten

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2007, 01:03:12 PM »
Hej and welcome to the forum Carsten :)
What is the weather like in Demark at the moment ?

Offline mille

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2007, 06:31:20 PM »
The weather has this summer been terrible, lots of rain and vind, About 17-22 C. So I look forward to better conditions in arillas. But I have to say that +40C is more than prefers. So to cold in DK, and to hot in Arillas. They’re fore my question about the heat wave.
Best regards  Carsten

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2007, 06:37:01 PM »
I feel sorry for all the cooks, doing their very best in a heatwave. It must be a nightmare for them.
Lindypops.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2007, 06:57:34 PM »
Welcome mille. It`s absolutely tipping down here. My poor old dogs run in soaking.
Lindypops.

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2007, 07:08:03 PM »
Mille,
It seems that Greece is starting to cool down a little bit - but only by a few degrees.
England is awful too - where do u like in DK? I used to live in Aarhus.

Offline mille

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2007, 09:25:37 PM »
I live in Aalborg, as you properly now it’s a city 100 km. north from Århus. I hope you like DK. We sheer the same sense of humour, have the same awful whether (and invaded England as Vikings “sorry”) but tomorrow I will be in Arillas.

Best regards Carsten

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2007, 12:32:43 PM »
Ah yes I went to Aalborg :)
I'm sure we can forgive you for invading us - hope you have a great time in Arillas :D

Offline MattB

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2007, 11:15:31 PM »
Just a warning to anyone who's visiting Arillas (or indeed anywhere in Greece at the moment it would seem..)

Please please do NOT underestimate the power of the sun, especially on a fair northern-European complexion as many Brits have.  We were stupid enough to spend a short time on the beach last Monday (23rd July) - as Dimitris mentioned above, it's been extremely hot recently.  There was a slight breeze, which masked the heat, and it was only when I went for an ice-cream that I realised quite how stifling it was.  We got off the beach, but too late..

By then the damage was done.  I spent most of the rest of the week looking like a piece of nougat - pink/white/pink and my forehead looked like a Jersey Royal potato, it peeled within 3 days.

Joking aside, please be careful.

Matt

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2007, 11:35:06 PM »
I have just read MattB's post and I can only reiterate what he has said.

I had to go to the doctors,to have my ears checked, three days before we went to Arillas on July 2nd. While checking me he had a second look at my face and told me that I had skin cancer. Luckily it was one of the least dangerous of cancers, Basal cell carcinoma, but it still came as a shock. It still means I will have to have it removed and it could leave scaring on my face depending on how deep it is.

Needless to say, that I did not sun bathe at all, and I never will again. In fact it made me realise that we all gamble when sun bathing because  we think it will never happen to us ( get cancer), but I am proof that it does.

BE VERY CAREFUL AND MAKE EXTRA SURE THAT YOUR CHILDREN ARE COVERED.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2007, 11:58:57 PM »

Matt & Terry,

Sensible advice from both of you. Sorry to hear about your 'Jersey Royal'  Matt, I think most of us have made the same mistake at one time or another.  I remember years ago my son calling me a Tomato Face...well that was the one and only time because from then onwards I have dolloped on the high factor and wear a sun hat!

Terry what a shock that must have been for you, thank you for sharing your upsetting news and warning us...we do take our good health for granted.

Eileenx 

Offline Benita

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2007, 10:10:44 AM »
Good advise. As a red head with fair skin I use factor 50 and sit most of the time in the shade. I also wear my silly hat even when swimming. People may think I look silly but I know how easy I burn. If I was clever and knew how to do it I would give you all a laugh and post a picture of me in the "silly hat"
After a week I still came home with a slight colour without burning or feeling uncomfortable.

Benita

Booking.com