Author Topic: Weather in Arillas  (Read 36998 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Weather in Arillas
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2007, 10:53:51 AM »
Benita,

We all need cheering up, and I think your photo could do the trick. Have a look at Eileen's post about displaying photographs.

Eileen,

After reading MattB's post I thought that I needed to pass on my "news", because "it" does happen. My neighbour had three Basal cell carcinoma's removed yesterday.

I am as guilty as anyone to think that it is nice to return from holiday with a nice tan, but it is not worth the risk.

Terry

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2007, 12:35:13 PM »
Having a completely blonde family, I have always been extra paranoid about keeping them well protected.  I always use waterproof 30+ protection and they always have t shirts on, in the pool and out of it.  That said, they always catch it but thankfully have never burned.  I for one think that someone who is chocolate brown through tanning just doesnt look nice any more.  You just think of all the risks they are taking.  This doesn't. however, mean that I wont be hoping for a tan but it will be done as safely as possible. (contradiction in terms there!)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2007, 12:39:09 PM »
We saw a guy on the beach last month, he was so brown I had to check out whether it was natural or not.  He was def. european by his blonde/grey hair.  It didnt really look good as he was sooooo tanned.  More like a pepporoni stick colour and it looked very unhealthy.  There is being tanned and being overdone I thought.  Fake stuff is much safer after all.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2007, 01:04:48 PM »
Weather Today.
A very windy beach, waves a bit choppy. Had coffee at Amnos this morning about 9am and not a lot of activity on the beach. Probably a "sandblasting" day ahead.
Quite breezy inland too. Currently 26 deg .
All in all - It's a very good day. Find a nice spot away from the wind and relax in a civilised temperature.
Negg

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2007, 01:13:29 PM »
Haha BG that really made me laugh!  We saw a man last year on the beach who didn't have a thong so he had made his own from speedos and sunbathed standing up!!  His bum looked like a leather handbag - my son and I still giggle about this and I have the picture on my phone to show people!!
Cheryl O

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2007, 02:44:35 PM »
Stop it!!!! I cant stop laughing....

We were in Elounda Crete some years ago, at the harbour having a nice ice cream when a brown streak ran past.  It was a lady of about 80+, well she could have been younger but with all the sun tan aging you dont know.  She was exceptionally thin, soooo brown in a bikini jogging very slowly with a bum bag on...  Needless to say it wasnt a good sight especially when eating and that image will always be with us.

We laughed the other day watching Mr Bean changing his swimming trunks on UTube, one of my favourites!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Benita

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2007, 02:52:03 PM »
With lots of help I have down loaded picture of me and my hat (and daughter)
Silly hat but does the trick !
Think I may go sit in the garden, read my book ..........with my hat on ! lol

Thanks again for all the help

Benita

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2007, 02:54:02 PM »
Sounds like that mysterious lady in Corfu!!  I've seen that Mr Bean thing on TV recently, we were crying with laughing!!
Cheryl O

Online vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2007, 03:58:15 PM »
Get those windbrakes out Eggy. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Online vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2007, 04:11:03 PM »
just seen the Mr Bean thing. Very good. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2008, 08:30:27 PM »
Just catching up with all I've missed on the forum (as anoraks do Dimitris......) This post is a year old but is just as interesting as yesterday.

The weather in Arillas is like a woman. Searing hot one day but just as you relax and get used to it she changes into a storm, a tornado and has you running for shelter. Then the joy of making up and getting back to normal. The season wears on and she gets a bit cooler. She must be bored - what will be next? Well, you won't have to wait long. The boss has many things up her sleeve. Suddenly the sun comes out and she suggests a long swim in the sea. Then it rains and you suggest a warm bar and a few drinks....

Arillas weather is far better and more alluring than Rhodes where it is just hot and sunny 360 out of 365 days.

Don't get me wrong - I have spent my whole life so far with her, and will spend all the rest. You can work out what I mean.

Phil who is missing the place and going slowly mad....

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2008, 03:42:37 AM »
Love it phil....and by the way....did you not know you're mad already?....lol
PS only kidding
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2008, 02:52:30 AM »
But I knew that Sandy. I advertise it on here daily...

Can't wait for a chat and a laugh in the Rainbow in late August. Spiros and Jimmy (Dimitris to mum...) won't know what's hit 'em.

lol
Phil

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2008, 02:53:11 PM »
Just looked at the webcam is that a few spots of rain on the cam i see ?
                                                  Tony

Booking.com