Author Topic: Boat trip to Paxos  (Read 4500 times)

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Boat trip to Paxos
« on: March 16, 2004, 12:55:07 AM »
Hi all
this time in Arillas we would like to do a couple of different things , can anyone recommend boat trip to Paxos? where is the best place to go from?

Efharisto   .................    Paul & Deb

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Boat trip to Paxos
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 07:49:19 PM »
hello,
        Sally and i will be doing the trip to Paxos/Parga this year,we will have to book it with our tour operator or at Arillas travel,unfortunately we are only in Arillas for one week so it may work out tour operators trip only.The boats go from Corfu Town
Harold
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

kez

boat trip to paxos
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 06:35:18 PM »
hi , we did the boat trip to paxos last summer, whilst the scenery was absoloutley gorgeous we felt we didnt have enough time to do much except have a wee drink then it was time to leave after a short stroll, it was good just not lengthy enough for me, i feel we didnt realy see enough. :D i would still reccomend it though

Anonymous

Paxos boat trip.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 01:53:51 PM »
We did the Paxos/antipaxos boat trip with Thomson on 8/6/04. Whilst the views were fabulous and Gaioa is a very pretty town it is a very long day.  We spent 14 hours travelling and had about 90mins on Paxos.  The coach trip took 2.5 hours with a change aswell. The boat trip itself take about 3hrs each way if you're sailing from Corfu town, it would be about half that if you can get a boat from Kavos.  We were told it was great for sunbathing but the boat was overcrowded and some people ended up sitting inside.  Its also not a good trip if you have a weak stomach as the return journey is very rough. We had several people sick in bags and a lot of people falling over and narrowly avoiding injury.  The crew, who were very friendly, told us this happened every day after 2pm on the stretch of water between the islands and Corfu mainland.  We did mentioned this to our rep (no names - CHRISTINE) who said that Thomsons couldnt be responsible for the weather!

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Boat trip to Paxos
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 10:29:54 PM »
Hi All
Thanks for all info on boat trip etc.  we did not have time as it happens this time as we were busy with something else !! but it sounds a long day with not much doing !

regards     Paul/Deb5

Booking.com