Author Topic: Tria adelphia accomdation  (Read 25318 times)

Offline poolplaza

• MOSQUITOS LIKE ME!!
Tria adelphia accomdation
« on: July 04, 2007, 09:40:12 PM »
Hi everyone out there who have stayed at the Tria Adelphia in Corfu!!!! We have just returned from our first  holiday to Greece ever!!! We had a bad start to our holiday our flight was delayed, missed our coach, lost our luggage, and arrived late at our accomodation!! Wasn't very happy at all, but after a few days we just loved the hosts at our accomodation. If it wasn't for Helen and Philip and Danny for their hospitality, our holiday wouldn't have been a happy one. They are lovely people and make you feel very welcome and at home as if you are one of their family!!!

Has anyone been there and enjoyed there time there???
I HATE MOSQUITOS, BUT THEY LOVE ME!!

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Re: Tria adelphia accomdation
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 09:57:18 PM »
Hi glad you eventually got everything sorted, we ave stayed with Phil Helen and Yiannis on 5 occasions and are looking to return very soon. i think you will find Arillas will draw you back again and again

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Offline poolplaza

• MOSQUITOS LIKE ME!!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 10:05:47 PM »
Are you still in corfu

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 10:11:19 PM »
No unfortunately sat at home looking at the wonderful English summer lol . Afraid we can't make Arillas this year but have booked for next year (Yipee)

Dave

Maggie

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 11:53:24 PM »
We always go to Tria Adelphia, and we were there when you were. My hubby was the one who snored all day!!! I didn't realise what a rotten start you had. I think gordon had a chat to you all one day while i was at the bar. (where else). I'm so glad that you all enjoyed it. Maybe we will meet there again. Maggie.

Offline poolplaza

• MOSQUITOS LIKE ME!!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 02:00:02 AM »
At long last we found your reply, i told my hubby that u had replied, but we cudn't find u he thought i'd had too many beers!! I don't know about u but me and my hubby haven't been  feeling too well since we got back, I,Heather have had mossies infections and had to be on antibiotics, and we have both being feeling like dizzy, sick and really tired and out of it!! Being back in England i presume!!!! not good???

Offline carol2

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 04:59:50 PM »
Hello, We too were there at the same time as you, we were with Maggie & Gordon & I told you about the Arillas web site whilst you were waiting for your coach.
I'm really sorry to hear about your infected mozzie bites. The thing to do is to find the right repellent for you, it may take a few goes but you'll get there. For the last couple of years I have used Autan, the stick not the spray, anyway the mozzies have left me & my husband alone so it may be worth you trying next time.
The week after you left was so quiet, in fact I think the quietest I have seen the Tria in 5 years, there was hardly anyone by the pool & the bar was very quiet at night.
We had a great time though & yes, Phillip & Helen are great hosts.
Hope you are feeling better soon,
Bye for now,
Carol
Get the beers in!

Maggie

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 08:20:39 PM »
I've just caught up on this Heather, I've been at my sisters wedding. (Fri til Sat)
 I'm sorry you haven't been well since your return, and I hope you all feel better soon.

Offline poolplaza

• MOSQUITOS LIKE ME!!
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 11:01:25 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me, hasn't the weather  been depressing since we got back, it seems like forever and ago since we were tanning and getting bitten to death!! Since we got back me and my husband had lost some weight and we know we need to it was great, hardly eating, just drinking and sweating all the time, but after two weeks back we have put it on again!! We wouldn't need to go to weight watchers if we lived over there it would be great!!!! Before we went on holiday to Arillas we had booked our next years holiday to the Dominican Republic for 2wks all inclusive, I am now really crapping myself because of how bad I was with the mossies and it looks like you could get maleria out there, we are wondering whether to change the holiday, but we would lose our deposit. Has anybody been to the Dominican in June, any advice please....... Are you going back to Arillas next year or are you off someone else?? Or is that a daft question to ask!!!!

Maggie

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 04:59:30 PM »
Heather, I'm going back in September with my friends. (Carol of course) and 2 others. Can't wait! Next year, Gordon & I both have important birthdays, so we are hoping to go for 4 weeks to celebrate. Not sure if we can manage so much time off, but we live in hope! I've only heard nice things about Dominican Republic, but I'm sure someone on here will be able to give you some info. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 05:13:58 PM »
Maggie,
We will see you out there again then, we arrive on the 17th and I just hope I don't have to get Dimitris to carry me home again, our second home that is (Tria Adelphia). See you later luv, all our best to Gordon and the young ones.
M and M.
PS. can I have a guess at his age?

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 05:17:53 PM »
Havent been to Dominican but ive heard nice reports, we're off to Mexico in September and apparently the mozzies are rife there too, i got bitten 4 times in May in Arillas which wasnt bad at all, i just used to spray myself before i went out and always had afterbite with me, i was only bitten when we were sat in a restaurant, never the room cos we had a plug in and i sprayed the room with bug spray before we went out and 20mins or so before we went to sleep.

These shall be my rituals again in Mexico, ive had my jabs just in case, better to be safe than sorry, roll on 12th September, cant wait!

Maggie

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 09:44:47 PM »
M n M how nice to hear from you! (sorry, I had to ask Carol who M n M was). That doesn't mean I'd forgotten you tho. I hope we see you although it will be briefly, cos we come home on the 17th. (we don't leave Arillas til 6pm.tho). I hope you are both well, and your family also. See you sometime soon, Maggie.x

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 02:37:45 PM »
Stayed at Leonidas across road from Tria, we could use their pool and bar.  Philip and Helen are lovely people, in fact we have left a deposit with them to stay at Tria in September we loved it so much.  It's people like them that make your holiday.

Offline essexgirl

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »
We have just returned from the Tria and can't really understand all the rave reviews - the studios were cramped, the camp bed should have been condemned and the shower room belonged in a sink estate flat. The lovely Phillip and Helen both stood by without a word said, when a large group who objected to our complaint about late night noise (3am) from their teenagers in the kids play area (outside our room) - this left my son and wife in tears and they did nothing ( have since found out the group involved are long-standing clients so they clearly didn't want to upset their cash cows). Apparently going to bed at 1am with young children means we were "lightweights" and had no right to expect peace and quiet - despite the Manos brochure saying that Tria is in a rural location, family friendly and does not state that the bar is open until the last person decides they have had enough (3.45am was the record).

So stay there if you want, but expect no support when things go wrong, dodgy accomodation and all night boozers and chavs !! Pool is good though.

We were not the only ones who felt the same- many complaints were made by others - the Manos rep. could do nothing as one of the blocks is independently owned, something they do not tell you about. And yes we have been abroad an awful lot over the years - this is the only time we have ever experienced this. Suffice to say we will not be back.

Booking.com